What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
You truly are detached from reality of nuclear war and talk about it as if it is a solution to all Europe's problems. Once nukes are used it will be the beginning of a catastrophe and suffering not seen in human history. What sort of like have you lived where you hate life so much that that you want to end it for yourself and others?
yzjf.jpg

Detached from reality? That's ABSOLUTELY the principle of the M.A.D. !!!
djki.jpg

You start a war, you sign your own death warrant!:suicide:
So you don't start a war because it's suicidal:suicide2:
Had Ukraine kept its 1700(?), 3000(?) nukes in the 90's, Butcher-Putler would NEVER had dared to invade !!! Without US stupidity in the 80's, PRC wouldn't be constantly rattling sabre about Taiwan...
The fact we made Israel a nuclear power in the 60's was the MAJOR point that made Anwar el-Sadat opt for a genuine peace treaty, and later being followed by king Hussein... This is NOT detached from reality of nuclear war!

Mark my words, it wouldn't take more than Zelen announcing that they've found a hidden stockpile of a few warheads, then doing a little demo, e.g. blowing the Crimea bridge with a 50 kilotons one, which would end with no casualties except if there are ppl using the bridge when blown, would be enough to absolutely decide to pull out rather than escalating : someone with just a few warheads and being back to the wall is way more dangerous than having a large arsenal, and in such a case, there has already been a warning shot sending a message like... Moscow or St.Petersburg may follow...
The other side doesn't know how few you may have and what yield, but you've just shown you're determined to use it!
This is the Dirty Harry's "Go ahead! Make my day!" thing...
Tell me, if you were Putin, even if you can blow a continent, would you think the invasion of Ukraine worths seeing Moscow and St. Pete razed and with 30,000 km² around becoming too radioactive to live in for many centuries, because this is how you proceed when you have few nukes : surface bursts will cover gigantic areas with fallouts, while an airburst will just be a gigantic boom, for sure, with huge damages but the area is re-useable...
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY HOW A NUCLEAR DETERRENT WORKS FOR MANY DECADES AND THAT IS WHY NATO AND THE WARSAW PACT NEVER ENTERED A DIRECT FIGHT...

And this is also why I absolutely promote an EU NUCLEAR SHARING but not based on 100 outdated B61 with 20 per each of the 5 countries...
I want 500 ASMPA-R : 300 kiloton, Mach3, stealth, range has been extended again, the ASMP ranged 300km+, ASMPA ranged 500km+ so the most likely now is about 750km, but it may be as high as 1000km...
31at.jpg

Moreover, MBDA proposed to convert the retired old ASMP to what they were intended first : replacing the Exocet!!! We have something similar to the BrahMos/Oniks for 32 years, and our idiots at the govt didn't even considered we could make huge money selling a conventional version... Moreover, huge advantage on the BrahMos/Oniks : 900kg instead of 2500kg... even LCAs have 900kg+ weapons-stations...

Putin's nuclear blackmail is all about USA or France won't trade NYC or Paris for Helsinki" and 💩 like that, in fact, he may be right about the US, about France, it's way more risky : the French are way more likely to consider that if you go after any EU country, their asses are on the line any way...
500 ASMPA-R won't cost big: only €9bn which is peanuts at EU level, in fact, considering there are gaps in EU jet fighters inventories since our poorest => weakest members (militarily speaking) are at the EU's borders, even purchasing 60 squadrons of Rafales and 60 of Gripen (1080 of each) wouldn't be an issue...
From there, even those without any jet fighter now can start operating a significant air force and with nuclear missiles available,
ot98.jpg

Moreover, ground launching would just require a booster... We retired the Hades SRBM in 1997, it was similar to the Iskander, but there were two per TEL... Ever seen the kind of TEL we used?
rue5.jpg
s8jb.jpg

There's a Swede company proposing to house missile systems into ISO containers now...
vme7.jpg

No need for NATO and Turkey can veto what it wants, they're not in the EU and with their leaders behaviours,it's nowhere near from happening.

Now, look at this...If you're Putler, still want to threaten Finland or the Baltic states knowing THIS? :
1zaj.jpg

And I also advocate that the EU shall purchase 10 Triomphant class SSBNs with 160 M51.3 stealth SLBMs and 1600 MIRVs, to add to the 4 French owned ones...

Oh, as we are...
There are others proffering threats against EU members and claiming ownership on our lands,
7u5x.jpg

d2mh.jpg

So, Yup, nukes, as well as no more having idiots believing that soft power is enough or that NATO is enough, or that only NATO can protect Europe, are part of the solution.
We also must adopt a mandatory 2% GDP military spending in the EU, this may not forcedly mean an EU army, but it's clear that a rapid reaction force should be considered, as well as a gear pool...
And it'd be a good idea to inaugurate such RFF in Cyprus added with a naval blockade of the TRNC puppet state...

I may surely look like hawkish, I'm not. Those who are hawkish are those proferring nuclear threats on Finland, Sweden, Germany, Ireland, as well as invasion threats on Baltic States, as well as on Greece and Bulgaria as well as what remains of Cyprus, and kicking out their illegal occupation from the island... Some in countries like Ukraine, India, Israel, the Philippines, Vietnam, etc may tolerate the illegal occupation of parts of their countries for many decades, I consider that at EU level, we shall stop compromising and to no more tolerate even one square centimetre to remain illegally occupied.

The current Russian offensive in eastern Ukraine is probably the textbook example of how India would employ the cold start doctrine, IMHO. We should keep an eye on how the Ukrainians defend that area.

P.s. a good look at all the weapons supplied to Ukraine from outside powers during this war; can be very informative of the kinds of tactics that would have to be employed in a cold start scenario.

"If you look at the launches overall, we are talking well under half of all Russian missiles hitting their aim points," says a senior Defense Intelligence Agency official who is working on the war. The official, granted anonymity to discuss sensitive information, says that two to three out of every ten missiles fired fail to launch or fizzle during its flight. Two more have technical problems such as not fusing properly even if they fly to their intended range. Two to three more miss their aim-points even when they reach their intended target.

"Right now, we're holding Russian missile success at just below 40 percent," the DIA official says.

Ukraine says that it has shot down 110 Russian cruise missiles, almost 10 percent of those that make it into Ukrainian airspace.

"And then there's the question of what they [the Russians] are hitting, and what their intentions are even when they do succeed," the DIA official adds. "For a couple of days it's airfields and air defenses. Then the emphasis shifts to ammunition depots, then oil, then factories, then the transportation grid. In each case, we are not seeing effective attacks and we are seeing little if any follow-on strikes."

A strategic air campaign—in the way the United States conceives it—has not even been attempted, both officials agree. Like the failure to shut down Ukraine's air defenses, Russia has made no effort to attack the electrical power grid or civil communications.

"Shutting Zelensky down," the retired U.S. Air Force official says, puzzled. "I get it that they might not be able to take out the internet or the communications grid, but they haven't even tried."

"I don't know anything about your Zatoka bridge," the retired Air Force official says, "but so many of the targets I've looked at are marginal." He says that the Russians are 30 years behind the U.S. "They aren't prepared for this sustained level of operations, haven't grasped the importance of effects-based targeting [as opposed to physical destruction], don't seem to have good BDA [battle damage assessment] and certainly don't have any kind of dynamic targeting."

The US assesses Russian missile effectiveness to be under 40%.

"If you look at the launches overall, we are talking well under half of all Russian missiles hitting their aim points," says a senior Defense Intelligence Agency official who is working on the war. The official, granted anonymity to discuss sensitive information, says that two to three out of every ten missiles fired fail to launch or fizzle during its flight. Two more have technical problems such as not fusing properly even if they fly to their intended range. Two to three more miss their aim-points even when they reach their intended target.

"Right now, we're holding Russian missile success at just below 40 percent," the DIA official says.

Ukraine says that it has shot down 110 Russian cruise missiles, almost 10 percent of those that make it into Ukrainian airspace.

"And then there's the question of what they [the Russians] are hitting, and what their intentions are even when they do succeed," the DIA official adds. "For a couple of days it's airfields and air defenses. Then the emphasis shifts to ammunition depots, then oil, then factories, then the transportation grid. In each case, we are not seeing effective attacks and we are seeing little if any follow-on strikes."

A strategic air campaign—in the way the United States conceives it—has not even been attempted, both officials agree. Like the failure to shut down Ukraine's air defenses, Russia has made no effort to attack the electrical power grid or civil communications.

"Shutting Zelensky down," the retired U.S. Air Force official says, puzzled. "I get it that they might not be able to take out the internet or the communications grid, but they haven't even tried."

"I don't know anything about your Zatoka bridge," the retired Air Force official says, "but so many of the targets I've looked at are marginal." He says that the Russians are 30 years behind the U.S. "They aren't prepared for this sustained level of operations, haven't grasped the importance of effects-based targeting [as opposed to physical destruction], don't seem to have good BDA [battle damage assessment] and certainly don't have any kind of dynamic targeting."

The US assesses Russian missile effectiveness to be under 40%.
Apart from failed missiles, they're also crashing all their planes, and their soldiers are being taken hostage.. they are losing like nobody's ever lost before.

Apart from failed missiles, they're also crashing all their planes, and their soldiers are being taken hostage.. they are losing like nobody's ever lost before.
One thing for sure : they have severe issues with tanks:
T-62 tanks with additional DIY armor spot in Polohy district of Zaporizhzhia region
Echelon with T-62 tanks arrived in Melitopol, occupied part of Zaporizhzhia region
Added with the fact that both the UVZ and ChVZ tank factories production lines have been shut down.
Is the shut down linked to the sanctions?
Is taking obsolete T-62 (production : 1961-1975) out of the closet linked with...
zckl.jpg

hlvx.gif

I've noticed that his less into turret throwing but as funny cousin St. Milan is around too, and Saint Milan does well for much cheaper:
uz3j.gif

Some say that St. Mistral, St. Starstreak and St. Stinger might be no stranger to more than 200 Russian aircraft and more than 150 helicopters having crashed over Ukraine...
i315.jpg

jnqj.jpg

Some say it can't be real :
Devils-Triangle-Map-1.jpg

the Devil's Triangle must have moved to Ukraine!
Russian aircraft have always beaten NATO gear
Such picture of a Mirage were already propaganda in the 60's/70's
QA4XlAs%2B(1).jpg

Unfortunately, I don't agree with you : despite Gondor inflicting tremendous losses to Mordor's Orcs, some Hobbits and Wizards are needed! Mac'Ron must stop beating around the bush!
Saint Rafale is needed!!!
UAFRAFALE04_zpsc8e1f8b0.jpg

One thing for sure : they have severe issues with tanks:
T-62 tanks with additional DIY armor spot in Polohy district of Zaporizhzhia region
Echelon with T-62 tanks arrived in Melitopol, occupied part of Zaporizhzhia region
Added with the fact that both the UVZ and ChVZ tank factories production lines have been shut down.
Is the shut down linked to the sanctions?
Is taking obsolete T-62 (production : 1961-1975) out of the closet linked with...
zckl.jpg

hlvx.gif

I've noticed that his less into turret throwing but as funny cousin St. Milan is around too, and Saint Milan does well for much cheaper:
uz3j.gif

Some say that St. Mistral, St. Starstreak and St. Stinger might be no stranger to more than 200 Russian aircraft and more than 150 helicopters having crashed over Ukraine...
i315.jpg

jnqj.jpg

Some say it can't be real :
Devils-Triangle-Map-1.jpg

the Devil's Triangle must have moved to Ukraine!
Russian aircraft have always beaten NATO gear
Such picture of a Mirage were already propaganda in the 60's/70's
QA4XlAs%2B(1).jpg

Unfortunately, I don't agree with you : despite Gondor inflicting tremendous losses to Mordor's Orcs, some Hobbits and Wizards are needed! Mac'Ron must stop beating around the bush!
Saint Rafale is needed!!!
UAFRAFALE04_zpsc8e1f8b0.jpg
This is an old video of Russia shipping T62s to Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom