What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Software engineer in Karkhiv found an abandoned Russian tank. He claims to have used this 'personal' tank to kill atleast 3 other tanks and a number of other infantry vehicles :yahoo:

What the Russians would do is send the BTG's along the main road. Probably won't work out well for them, but the cost to Finland would be massive.
Well, I wouldn't like the sound of what you just said if I am a Russian soldier.

As I said to another member a month ago, marching down the main road is a death trap, you are going thru a sort of deadly funnel and open to ambush just like the Fin did back in 1941...Hell, just like what the Ukrainian did 70 days ago...

Since when did UN dictate how a super power acts? Does Israel listen to the UN? Did US listen to UN when it invaded Iraq?

They do have the right, for the reasons I just mentioned. Russians being massacred on their border. They did go to UNSC but were politically vetoed by the US, and since UN has no teeth or backbone then law MUST be taken into one's own hands.
First of all, UN ALWAYS have the power to act, the problem is not within UN power, the problem is who or what used that power, because if that is align with Russian Interest, US and the West usually veto it, and if that is align with US/Western Interest, Russia and China usually veto it. In this case, no one veto it, Not US, France, UK, Russia or China. Invasion Iraq have UN backing you can debate whether or not UN resolution are extended all the way into Military action if Saddam did not comply, but as I said many time before, that does not mean the resolution did not give US the power to go into Iraq. Israeli case, well, Israeli did gave back Sinai to Egypt in the 80s now does it? As I said, it's not about the Power UN have but who utilize that power, in Israeli case, UN will never vote on Israeli issue because it mostly will automatically be blocked by US, UK or France.

Again, this is different than NATO intervention in Kosovo. NATO is not invading Kosovo to annex Kosovo as part of US, UK or France. Russian enter into Ukraine with the sole intention to occupy land. And sure, Russia can invade if you are Russian, but that does not mean it is right to do so or will have international support, and it does not mean they can bitch about the result or the western sanction which the Kremlin are bitching about every 2 or 3 days. You push, they push back.

And if Russia are "Having a backbone" they will NOT veto UNSC resolution on Ukrainian matter. You do know it take two the game, right? You can't have the cake and eat it.

Russian forces did not make any significant advances anywhere in Ukraine on May 11, and Ukrainian forces took further ground northeast of Kharkiv. The Ukrainian counteroffensive north of Kharkiv City has forced Russian troops onto the defensive and necessitated reinforcement and replenishment efforts intended to prevent further Ukrainian advances towards the Russian border. Russian efforts along the Southern Axis and in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts remain similarly stalled, and Russian forces have not made any significant gains in the face of continued successful Ukrainian defenses.

Russia will start another war even if Pussolini will have to push conscripts with sticks, and stones on an enemy. This is what the West doesn't understand. The military defeat now will not deter him just as sanctions before that. Life of their soldiers means nothing to Russian regime, and Russians starving means nothing too. The bigger the enemy they make people to imagine, the more fun for them "fighting & prevailing."

Really, you Westerners need to start thinking of Putin as nothing different from Kim, or the Burmese junta. For North Koreans, Kim is said to have won 10 world wars by now, and Korean People Army is now "prevailing" over capitalists on the Moon (really, not a joke.)

You can throw out any logic into the garbage bin if you keep trying to find a real military strategy there, as there is none. Going with 160k troops force against 200k in entrenched, and fortified positions in a country with open fields has no strategy to it. But there is a cold psychopatic logic to selling hopes of grabbing at least a dime of Ukrainian territory, population, and industry to insinuate "glorious victory," give few factories, and serfs as handouts to his oligarchs, and scare to shit his own police/spies/military.

If he loses in Ukraine, I would say he will go for something even more brazen in 1.5-2 years to quickly patch up his regime.

Now he will look for somebody even more "Kuwaitable." I will not be surprised if he will attack Belarus, or even North Korea if it comes to that, but more likely he will pick his own satrapy for an easy victory.

In the later case, he can go Kuwaiting somebody in the Central Asia, where no country has a real functioning military (this is why I tell that Talibans can walk over here if they really wanted.)

If the coming crisis will be really severe, he can stage a direct provocation against a NATO country. The longer Putin will sit on the throne, the bigger he will need the crisis to be to save his regime, as everyone will intensify their attempts to grab power from him as they see him ageing, and frailing.

I'm almost done with Kazakhstan. What is left is to sell 2 company cars, 1 excavator, close the company, and I am done, phew.
It depends.

Putin is not yet descending into Kim's level, The emphasis on YET.

The problem as I said, is the West always look for a way out instead of directly confronting the problem, the only time we did that is back in the 70s and 80 when the Cold War is at its height. There are a lot of thing the west can do to prevent War from happening, and back then was the time the US and its allies does not afraid of using their arsenal. I mean look at Falkland, if it happened in 2020, I am pretty sure instead of Thatcher quick and direct action, what we have would be a debate at the common.

This war is a start, it needed to show the West will not compromise to Russia, there are pretty much nothing we can do within Russia, but what we can do at this point is to let Putin know that if he want game, he will get, that is the only thing that stop him from further adventure. We need to start protecting the little guy (Not sure about North Korea tho, if Russia did anything stupid, Kim may nuke Russia)

As I said many time before, time for the West to talk is gone, if Putin want to escalate, we need to escalate by doing more than him. We should have closed off Black Sea or may even be putting up No Fly Zone to dare the Russia to have a go at us. That way Putin knows his challenge will be met and then some. We should not be fear of dragging ourselves into war, but then most of the people in the US or Australia did not think like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom