What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Russia manages to keep parts of Ukraine, it will be a punch to NATO's credibility as a deterrent. This is not Syria or Africa. This is Europe., albeit by proxy, not direct engagement Defending Europe from Russia is NATO's entire raison d'être.

It will use the MOAB-type bombs that it has been holding back because it wants to spare the civilian infrastructure in most of Ukraine. It will make Maruipol the norm across Ukraine.

1. "If Russia manages to keep parts of Ukraine" - this would be a huge blow to nuclear non proliferation

2. NATO is charted to defend NATO territory not Ukraine. Look how NATO countries are supporting Ukraine now, which is a neighbour and was a distant candidate country. Now imagine, what would happen if NATO territory is attacked. This situation is making NATO very powerful( look Finland/Sweden )

3. How many of these bombs do they have ? Is it another Propaganda weapon like the SU-57 or Armata Tank? They have good engineers, but lack the industrial potential, technology and money to produce at mass.

NATO has been very careful not to give Ukraine offensive weapons that can target Russian cities. That is wise because, if Ukraine hits civilian targets in Russia, it will give Russia the green light to bomb civilians in Ukraine. Neither side will care about world opinion or war crimes or anything else.
What are you talking about? Both artillery and attack drones can be used to target Russian cities and have done so.

The is surprising. US was not planning to transfer fighters a month ago. Even now, it seems like only parts for MiG have been transferred

This does not preclude another NATO member giving F16s

Although every F16 come to US allies with no transfer condition, I think they will overlook that now.

What are you talking about? Both artillery and attack drones can be used to target Russian cities and have done so.

Drones are only useful on the Ukrainian battlefield. I think Russian air defences inside Russia can easily handle drones. Artillery cannot penetrate too deeply into Russia itself, only a few border areas.

Of course you can when the other side literally makes the currency stated in the contract useless. What is the point of making that currency useless to me and then insisting on paying me with it? If you are the seller, think hard on what you should do.
Useless ? There is no trade embardo with Russia.

For Gas trade: A contract is a contract. If you want to change the contract you negociate it. This how you make business in the West. Hence my statement, that Gazprom cease to be reliable business partner.

A traffic jam of these planes form Florida. Uncle Sam just letting it hang.

Let snot forget that these planes are the greatest air superiority fighter ever created by humans. and they are 24 year old technology. First flew 24 years ago. Discontinued production because there is no one to use them on. And there wont be for a long time.

F35 has superior RAMs, it was made when lesson of F22 that RAMs, and supersonic flight are mutually exclusive was learned.

Useless ? There is no trade embardo with Russia. A contract is a contract. If you want to change the contract you negociate it. This how you make business in the West. Hence my statement, that Gazprom cease to be reliable business partner.
Well, you can see it in anyway you please. Apparently, the attitude you have with it is that I can screw you but you cannot screw me back.

I think Gazprom is perfectly fine. China is working closely with it for new pipelines into China.

1. "If Russia manages to keep parts of Ukraine" - this would be a huge blow to nuclear non proliferation

I am not sure where nuclear comes into the picture here.

2. NATO is charted to defend NATO territory not Ukraine. Look how NATO countries are supporting Ukraine now, which is a neighbour and was a distant candidate country. Now imagine, what would happen if NATO territory is attacked. This situation is making NATO very powerful( look Finland/Sweden )

There is no doubt that Russia is no match for NATO in a conventional war. In nuclear war, there are no winners so it doesn't matter.

3. How many of these bombs do they have ? Is it another Propaganda weapon like the SU-57 or Armata Tank? They have good engineers, but lack the industrial potential, technology and money to produce at mass.

How many nukes did the US drop on Japan? It only takes a few instances of mass destruction before the other side surrenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom