What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are as free as the US would be if the German parliament got to decide what weapons the US will have and what range its missiles will have and what type of weapons the US is allowed to make. And if Germany had bases all over America.

Yeah, its not a free country, it is an occupied country. It doesn't mind the occupation because it doesn't really have a choice.
Germany is allowed (by 2+4 treaty) to have 370k troops, not more than 345k in Army/Air Force.
They could have 1000+ modernized Leopard 2 and 1000+ Puma IFV and 400 EF Tranche 3A/4, nobody would whine, maybe the Frenchies and Poles...
It's German decision.
For 499km range rockets/missiles yes, it's a treaty too.

Man. Epic. I thought Afghanistan would be the final trophy. Here we have trophies upon trophies. Would I be wrong to claim that we feel avenged?

Ideally Russiaa goal is to annex parts of Ukraine into Russian federation just like crimea. However that will depends on how things play out and if everything goes according to Putin's plan. Things can be adjusted depending on the situation of the war. Russia's spy chief reveal this plan by a stroke of blunder. He seem so scared of Putin the he was stammering and forgot not to reveal such things publicly lol

Was hilarious 😂

I think Russia planned this invasion during trump era. Weakness of trump administration has been exploited years after he was gone. Russia knows that trump can win Election again so yes, All nearby Baltic states who aligned themselves with allies are in danger. problem is lack of trust between united states and European countries. trump ruined relations.

Russia will not stop here. Next is Romania. I think it's time to stop Russians. They are definitely not well wishers of Pakistan. I don't know why Imran khan hasn't cancelled tour to Moscow. Pakistan should align herself with allies rather than axis. China and Russia, both are communist with same mindset and that is expansion. China will definitely attack Taiwan and try to copy Russian invasion.

Those who thinks that China is friend are fools. Yes they helped us every time but don't trust them. Both China and Russia should be stopped at all costs. Pakistan must leave this beggar policy behind and should look to align herself with allies. Pakistan In Chinese and Russian camp will be disastrous.

European countries are worried and there is an uneasy situation. They know they are next and Russia only wants old soviet union bac so that they can project themselves as super powers once again.

I feel sorry for people who are trapped in Ukraine. Sanctions will hurt Russia but it will take time. Russia will die it's own death but it will take some time. Allies must join hands and United states should project herself as super power. This is the time, this is the moment.

Last time I check, the one that killed your soldiers & slaughter your children with drones are american, Not Russian nor Chinese :coffee:

I think Russia planned this invasion during trump era. Weakness of trump administration has been exploited years after he was gone. Russia knows that trump can win Election again so yes, All nearby Baltic states who aligned themselves with allies are in danger. problem is lack of trust between united states and European countries. trump ruined relations.

Russia will not stop here. Next is Romania. I think it's time to stop Russians. They are definitely not well wishers of Pakistan. I don't know why Imran khan hasn't cancelled tour to Moscow. Pakistan should align herself with allies rather than axis. China and Russia, both are communist with same mindset and that is expansion. China will definitely attack Taiwan and try to copy Russian invasion.

Those who thinks that China is friend are fools. Yes they helped us every time but don't trust them. Both China and Russia should be stopped at all costs. Pakistan must leave this beggar policy behind and should look to align herself with allies. Pakistan In Chinese and Russian camp will be disastrous.

European countries are worried and there is an uneasy situation. They know they are next and Russia only wants old soviet union bac so that they can project themselves as super powers once again.

I feel sorry for people who are trapped in Ukraine. Sanctions will hurt Russia but it will take time. Russia will die it's own death but it will take some time. Allies must join hands and United states should project herself as super power. This is the time, this is the moment.

Yeah you're definitely on something right now.

As a Pakistani, we already know what it is like to be "Friends" with allies.

Neither are expansionist as you claim, for Russia, it's survival since NATO's entire existence is to contain the Russian Federation.
The slavic ethnic divide also adds fuel to the fire whilst they join NATO.

This was a legitimate security concern, if the past 8 years have taught us anything.

To say that Russia wants the union back is just a brain fart, no offense.

In this war does anyone have link to journalism embedded in the Russian side like from the ANNA news agency which so wonderfully and bravely were embedded with Syrian tanks and did interviews with Russian forces in Syria ? I ask this because there seems to be no inputs from the Russian forces.

As I said many posts ago in this thread, people are going to approach this conflict through their own perceived 'national interests'. For the Chinse and the Iranians, this conflict is quite welcome. For Indians and Pakistanis, it should be a neutral viewpoint except for reflexive anti-Americanism in some Pakistanis due to recent past. For Americans here, they have to support whatever the US Govt does even though many would despise and distrust Biden for his domestic policies. My neighbor--a staunch Democrat -- is still refusing to condemn Biden's aggressive foreign policy just as he refused Obama's adventures in Libya and Syria, even though the neighbor is very strongly against wars (and Israel).
Ahh, our blinders!! This is all so 'Human. All too Human'.

But that is where we must get ourselves out from herd mentality, in this case nationalism which in any case is an artificial concept, and make our human judgements. Be actually moral. Your neighbor is against wars but refuses to condemn his governments' illegal actions in the world. That is contradictory. He may just be scared of being condemned by the fake morality that pervades Western societies in general. Look at the "Putin must be stopped" protests in the West while the same outraged people did no "NATO must be stopped" protests in the last 11 years of war against Libya and Syria and a reasonable amount of years against NATO's conspiracy against Venezuela.

Beyond our nationality we have our base identity as Human and I hope many people will realize that part of their identity. :)

But the point he made is quite right and loyalty to whom ? Putin ? Do you think Turkey needs Putin ? Or to Nato ? By grilling them ? The number of tourists combined coming on from NATO countries such as Bulgaria Germany and UK outnumber them... concerned about his joint ventures... Of course he is concerned and so should be Pakistan.... With over 640 MBTs sourced or using Ukrainian equipment... Pakistan has lot more stake at in case of complete destruction of military defense industry... 85 million $ T80UD upgrades ... Down the drain... Al-Khalid engine upgrade heck keeping the production line up with the current engines would be questionable.... So allow me to apologize for Erdogan if he calls out the wests hypocrisy... Cheers.
He is proving his loyalty after getting S400... lolz... He is more concerned about big defense contracts and joint ventures with the present Ukraine govt. Also, Turkey is Russians first tourist destination, earns huge foreign exchange.

In this war does anyone have link to journalism embedded in the Russian side like from the ANNA news agency which so wonderfully and bravely were embedded with Syrian tanks and did interviews with Russian forces in Syria ? I ask this because there seems to be no inputs from the Russian forces.

But that is where we must get ourselves out from herd mentality, in this case nationalism which in any case is an artificial concept, and make our human judgements. Be actually moral. Your neighbor is against wars but refuses to condemn his governments' illegal actions in the world. That is contradictory. He may just be scared of being condemned by the fake morality that pervades Western societies in general. Look at the "Putin must be stopped" protests in the West while the same outraged people did no "NATO must be stopped" protests in the last 11 years of war against Libya and Syria and a reasonable amount of years against NATO's conspiracy against Venezuela.

Beyond our nationality we have our base identity as Human and I hope many people will realize that part of their identity. :)

If there is something I learned from all the recent conflicts the last 3 decades.
It's that conventional warfare doesn't have journalism, it's propaganda.

But when it's a civil war, everybody wants to independently push their agenda.

So I highly doubt we will get any information whatsoever, on either ends, from any third-party media, except for state media or aligned media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom