What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1645800340133.png

Russian Troops Seize Kyiv Airport in Stunning Airborne Operation; Ukraine Counterattacks​

By Richard Moorhead, The Western Journal February 24, 2022 at 2:10pm

Russian special forces troops have seized control of the primary international airport outside Kyiv, Ukraine’s capital.

The Antonov International Airport fell under Russian control early on Thursday.

The site is roughly 15 miles from Ukraine’s capital, with many observers of the war shocked that the Russian military had secured the immensely strategic location hundreds of miles from eastern Ukraine.

You've got to feel sorry for these Russian conscripts, who look very young and quite frankly pathetic. I've got a feeling this aggressive land grab in Ukraine will not end well for Putin.

You explained it rightly, such invasions don't help for long. IMO, the Russian target is for regime change and won't hold for long. The main objective is to ensure Ukraine will not have NATO basis at the doorstep of Russia.

The Russians are notoriously brutal even when it comes to their own people.
Indeed, neither Great Britain, France, Italy, USA. All were/are same in the history.

Just because you are American it need not mean you have to support your imperialist, Capitalist, plutocratic, two-party dictatorship political system which maintains the biggest and invasions-oriented military in the world whose budget just for 2020-21 was 700+ billion dollars.

As I said many posts ago in this thread, people are going to approach this conflict through their own perceived 'national interests'. For the Chinse and the Iranians, this conflict is quite welcome. For Indians and Pakistanis, it should be a neutral viewpoint except for reflexive anti-Americanism in some Pakistanis due to recent past. For Americans here, they have to support whatever the US Govt does even though many would despise and distrust Biden for his domestic policies. My neighbor--a staunch Democrat -- is still refusing to condemn Biden's aggressive foreign policy just as he refused Obama's adventures in Libya and Syria, even though the neighbor is very strongly against wars (and Israel).
Ahh, our blinders!! This is all so 'Human. All too Human'.

Yes.
I am surprised a generally well informed person like @gambit would think China would be in a worse position after this. I bet all Chinese members here are in 7th Heaven with what's going on and I don't blame them on bit!
Informed?
He is old guy living in 1960s
Hell even if you live in 1980s..you will be outdated..

china was poorer then pakistan in 1980s..

The world has changed rapidly

Imagine a guy coming from 2010..he will not know most of the electronic and social media revolution..

So we are haradrims , from where you get it?

That's wrong.
Russians and Iranians are Easterlings/Rhun.
Best fighting force of Mordor!
Even when the Gondorians say lay your weapons down because they won the battle of Pelenor Field, they fought and died for Sauron, instead of running like the different Orcs (Turks) who have a hate-relationship with their master.
Mordor and Isengard Uruk-Hais are improved Orcs (Turks), like the Janissaries. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom