What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Europe should take Russia very very serious now? They are first of all little bit crazy and you can even see the way they attacked they are nuts and I mean it from tactical point of view..

And second of all I swear to god as someone who is familiar with western Europe the Russians could rollover the entirety of west Europe without facing much resistance.. I also believe this will give them the boost and self-belief that they can rollover west Europe in an all-out nuclear conflict..

What makes them also superior to the Europeans is they still have their ground conventional forces heavy approch which western Europe lacks and if push came to shove I don't see how they could be stopped in western europe and western Europe is basically a sitting duck if Russia makes a move on them

Finland is now seriously considering NATO membership. Спасибо Russia. :enjoy:

A lot of Finnish people are very dismissive of America and think they're pretty clever. They figure they have some historic agreement with Russia and they'll never be attacked again. well, if they learn a lesson the easy way, good for them.

Absolutely wrong before that for sake of anti-China stance, the western hesitate about putting more pressure on India not to buy S400 but with invasion of Ukraine by Russia.

Western definitely want to save face since they cannot use military method on Russia. Western are now united to sanction against Russia. Any countries not joining western will be enemies of western. India is not excluded. India continue to trade with Russia including military deal is giving Russia much needed financial which the western will not tolerate. Western know India is not in position to withstand western sanction as they do not have the financial power like China.

Forcing India into western camp will be a triumph for NATO. India interest is always the lowest priority for western world.
China is enemy number 1 for the western countries. As long as India also thinks of China as the primary enemy, the western interests are aligned with Indian interests for the most part. :bunny:

It took weeks to reach Baghdad during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Ukraine is far more powerful than Iraq so Russian progress is incredibly rapid.

Well observed, one has to keep in mind that at the time almost the whole world including NATO was part of that invasion of Iraq, Here Russian deserved the credit.

Theres information that they are supposed to go and fight for Mariupol, which is probably one of the most militarized cities in Ukraine at the moment.

Poor those Nazis wanabee in Azov batallion

Chechen would slaughter those facist

images (1).jpeg

I gave a link to a doc, did I not? So if you missed or ignored, who has the true 'lack of comprehension' here? :enjoy:
and yet you fail to comprehend basic contract rule that more recent agreement take precedence over earlier ones.

since you wanted a link, here's the Minsk agreement
text of the agreement is in the citations.

Theres information that they are supposed to go and fight for Mariupol, which is probably one of the most militarized cities in Ukraine at the moment.

Once some of them die, they will go home like in 2015. It’s not their fight.

If notes from conversations are good enough, then why do we bother with lawyers? When I was active duty, every time I had orders to deploy, even just for an exercise, we were admonished to update our wills. Why? Why can I not just talked to a priest or even to my CO on what I want? But instead, I had to write down what I want and had the doc notarized.

But now, we are talking about nuclear weapons. Ukraine gave up nuclear weapons on the RUSSIA assurance that Ukraine will not be attacked.

Putin can have any calculus he want. It will be all for naught now that the Budapest Agreement of 1994 is re-released for all to see of Russia's treachery. Спасибо, Vladimir Putin, for securing the future expansion of NATO.

If I summarize your post it comes down to, MIGHT IS RIGHT. This only leads to wars and destabilisation not peace.

We are living in a dangerous and distrustful world if people words don't have meanings.

The accord was breached when political Interference was done by West which led to 2014 and to the events happening today.

NATO09 - Boeing E-3 Sentry AWACS took off from Turkey and headed towards the black sea.
1645792381601.png

Why no SWIFT ban sanction will be imposed on Russia? Because Russia will declare WW3 if Swift ban is imposed on them.. It sounds like a joke but they can't impose that one because Russia will translate that into a real attack

Germany and Italy already discarded that idea.

Not good enough. All we have is some verbiage about NATO. But I think I have delayed long enough.

When the Soviet Union broke up, the former satellites became owners of many Soviet military hardware. For Ukraine, that ownership involved nuclear weapons. The Budapest Agreement had Ukraine gave up all nuclear weapons. The US/UK helped Ukraine in the dismantling process. The nuclear fissile materials returned to Russia. In return, all parties agreed to respect Ukraine's independence which implied future independent foreign policies devoid of outside pressure. Russia, eager to get all the nuclear fissile materials, agreed.

Budapest, 5 December 1994
The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,
Welcoming the accession of Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons as a non-nuclear-weapon State,​
Taking into account the commitment of Ukraine to eliminate all nuclear weapons from its territory within a specified period of time,​
Noting the changes in the world-wide security situation, including the end of the Cold War, which have brought about conditions for deep reductions in nuclear forces.​
Confirm the following:​
1. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the CSCE Final Act, to respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.
2. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self defense or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.​
3. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the CSCE Final Act, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.
4. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a nonnuclear-weapon State Party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used.​
5. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm, in the case of the Ukraine, their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear-weapon State Party 2 to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, except in the case of an attack on themselves, their territories or dependent territories, their armed forces, or their allies, by such a state in association or alliance with a nuclear weapon state.​
6. The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will consult in the event a situation arises which raises a question concerning these commitments.​
This Memorandum will become applicable upon signature.​
Signed in four copies having equal validity in the English, Russian and Ukrainian languages.​
The problem here is that the Budapest Agreement of 1994 is not legally binding on all signatories. It was at best sort of a "gentlemen's handshake". All signatories promised not to attack Ukraine, but then no one promised to come to Ukraine's aid should Ukraine come under attack. And this is how Putin done it.

But ultimately, legal document or not, Russia is now seen as aggressor despite what was promised to Ukraine. The Budapest Agreement of 1994 WILL be disseminated throughout and the consequences will be many IMPLICIT memberships in NATO. Ukraine trusted Russia despite the absence of any legal protection and gave up the best guarantor of independence -- nuclear weapons. And was betrayed by Russia.

Спасибо, Vladimir Putin, for securing the future expansion of NATO.
well USA is the first violator when they sanctioned Blarus
by the way didn't Ukraine started the war by shelling two republic of Luhansk and Donetsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom