What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese spokesman mocks Europe and US :
Yeah...Our feelings are hurt. :lol:

You Europeans should use your brain to think, US is excited about Nato expansion but gets no guts to fight in Ukraine, did you forget that actually US was the first country to get all their people out of Ukraine..
No, YOU should use your head to think. As of now, the Russian military is essentially off the radar for US, meaning all three combat environments of air, sea, and land, the US military WILL dominate. That leave China as second place and the PLA have no combat experience since 1979. But as if that is not bad enough.

Considering that Xi gave quick support for Poutine means Xi knew what Poutine wanted, and that mean Xi must have consulted PLA leadership as to the combat capability and will of the Ukrainian Army, and that the PLA must have given Xi negative reviews of the Ukrainian Army. But that is not what happened. That 3 weeks out the VKS failed to support Russian ground forces and left them stalled. So now the PLA have two failed records: Desert Storm and Ukraine. Thirty yrs apart. The PLA is 0 for 2.

More than 200,000 Ukrainian refugees have been registered in Germany.

Those holding Ukrainian passport will be allowed to stay upto 90 days as a first measure and will have to register in order to move within EU borders.

In other developments, EU will get around 106,6 million cubic meter of Russian gas today.

Kinzhal is basically Iskander but air launched. Kinzhal is not that high of a weapon. They have been using Iskander SRBM since day 1.

Now maybe they are using Kinzhal because Iskander reserves are getting lowered through use and they want to avoid totally depleting them. Maybe they just want to fire a few Kinzhals to test them in real combat. Who knows. It's certainly not a logic of "this weapon is too much like shooting mosquito with cannon so it cannot have been used."

Since it's not impossible they used Kinzhal which is itself not that top secret of a weapon at all and simply an air launched Iskander without that initial booster. Also the footage shows a pretty much straight line horizontal path which means it's is unlikely to be SRBM or much less likely to be MRBM or IRBM, and the fireball or plasma surrounding it indicates lower in the atmosphere (my assumption) and in any case shows it is not Kalibr unless it is boost phase but subsonic LACM are much slower than this... watching the other Kalibr missile video shows this thing is if on similar altitude, much faster than Kalibr. If this thing is flying much higher, it could be mach 3+.
Would disagree Kinzhal is basically Iskandar but air launch, it's like saying ship launch Tomahawk is basically the same as JASSM but only air launch. They both have different target profile, and different usage. The only thing they share is that they both were cruise missile.

As I said, I doubt there are target worthy enough for Kinzhal to destroy, I mean it would have been counter productive to use that, also noted that their intended target is "underground weapon depot" I doubt conventional HE (Hope they are not using the nuclear warhead) warhead would be able to destroy an underground facilities, IIRC that warhead if 500 KG, which is roughly the same as a Snake Eye.

Now I don't know if they have any new bunker buster warhead nor am I the one that control what to shoot, so for all intent and purpose, they could really have launch that? I don't know.

Yeah...Our feelings are hurt. :lol:

No, YOU should use your head to think. As of now, the Russian military is essentially off the radar for US, meaning all three combat environments of air, sea, and land, the US military WILL dominate. That leave China as second place and the PLA have no combat experience since 1979. But as if that is not bad enough.

Considering that Xi gave quick support for Poutine means Xi knew what Poutine wanted, and that mean Xi must have consulted PLA leadership as to the combat capability and will of the Ukrainian Army, and that the PLA must have given Xi negative reviews of the Ukrainian Army. But that is not what happened. That 3 weeks out the VKS failed to support Russian ground forces and left them stalled. So now the PLA have two failed records: Desert Storm and Ukraine. Thirty yrs apart. The PLA is 0 for 2.
You thought too much, China's non interference foreign policy is pretty consistent, China's stance on this matter is well predicted by all Chinese even at the very beginning of this crisis, and we all guessed it right many even complained that China's foreign policies are so boring in Chinese social media.
As for US, you are just bluffing, remember how many times China called your bluffings both militarily and economically? You are dependent on China now, China now makes no efforts to hide her contempt toward US.

Cost of war for Russia is going to be expensive.

According to the German expert Janis Kluge in "Tagesschau", even though the most expensive war items such as Tanks, Rockets, missiles, fighter jets etc have already been built by Russians prior to this war, Russian will still require around EURO 20 Million per day as extra costs for this war to continue.

This is quite expensive and will mean around 7 Billion EUR per year. Given the state of Russian economy, lets see for how long can they keep up with it.

Well, I will say I am surprise with the fireball too. But then you probably will not burn out with speed like that, you can see the relative speed.

As for profile, we know it is close to the ground (as you can see the skyline) So...

As I said, I don't know.

It's indeed an interesting video. I wonder if it is a video of Kinzhal and if so, what part of its flight that footage shows. Boost, or just momentum carrying it to target and the glow is the friction between surface and atmosphere.

I don't think it's really that possible to derive its altitude accurately from that video. The boom we hear is surely the shockwaves which means as soon as it passes the video taker and the time delay is the rough distance between video taker and object since the noise is generated by the sonic boom and travels at around mach 1 to video taker.

The video now has been taken down at least from that source we have here on this thread. I recall it was roughly 2.5 to 3 second after the object passes viewer when we hear the sonic boom so it is very very roughly 800m to 1000m away. This would indeed by extremely close and assuming that was on a slightly downwards trajectory it is heading towards its target that isn't too far away from the viewer and around 60 degrees + in elevation, maybe target is 50km or less away. Since it's not directly overhead, without being able to really tell the geometry here, it is maybe only 500m above surface level assuming Ukrainian plain lol. If this is the case, that speed is certainly far above Kalibr unless it is in dash mode towards target.

And this reveals his calculus for the progression of the war.

Russian military will now be thoroughly beheaded by Moscow, and more pliant generals will come, who are just ok enough to do attrition warfare.

Very much like USSR in early-to-mid-WW2 period, until Sidalin realised how serious things really were.

They are having real logistic problems, they were not expecting a serious resistance and soldiers were not prepared for this large scale war. (Although they were transfered to the locations closed to the border months ago and drills were going on…) been decades since Russia had huge exercises Also the mobilisation and maneuvre capacity of the army seems to be lower than thought.

It's indeed an interesting video. I wonder if it is a video of Kinzhal and if so, what part of its flight that footage shows. Boost, or just momentum carrying it to target and the glow is the friction between surface and atmosphere.

I don't think it's really that possible to derive its altitude accurately from that video. The boom we hear is surely the shockwaves which means as soon as it passes the video taker and the time delay is the rough distance between video taker and object since the noise is generated by the sonic boom and travels at around mach 1 to video taker.

The video now has been taken down at least from that source we have here on this thread. I recall it was roughly 2.5 to 3 second after the object passes viewer when we hear the sonic boom so it is very very roughly 800m to 1000m away. This would indeed by extremely close and assuming that was on a slightly downwards trajectory it is heading towards its target that isn't too far away from the viewer and around 60 degrees + in elevation, maybe target is 50km or less away. Since it's not directly overhead, without being able to really tell the geometry here, it is maybe only 500m above surface level assuming Ukrainian plain lol. If this is the case, that speed is certainly far above Kalibr unless it is in dash mode towards target.
Well, you can clearly see the profile of the missile, so I am thinking it is not really that far from he ground perspective. maybe below 500 ft. The further up the missile get the harder to see a full profile.

I cannot tell you what, but from the cruise missile attack I have seen, this look just like other cruise missile attack I have seen.

That's what I can tell you

And if the original video has already been taken down, maybe we should drop this as well.

Would disagree Kinzhal is basically Iskandar but air launch, it's like saying ship launch Tomahawk is basically the same as JASSM but only air launch. They both have different target profile, and different usage. The only thing they share is that they both were cruise missile.

Certainly they are different and flight paths much different. But the weapon itself is not that much more advanced than an SRBM Iskander. It could even be cheaper since it doesn't require the initial boost stage. However it requires a Mig-31 and a sortie.

As I said, I doubt there are target worthy enough for Kinzhal to destroy, I mean it would have been counter productive to use that, also noted that their intended target is "underground weapon depot" I doubt conventional HE (Hope they are not using the nuclear warhead) warhead would be able to destroy an underground facilities, IIRC that warhead if 500 KG, which is roughly the same as a Snake Eye.

Well this is a big assumption. For all we know maybe there are targets worthy of using a Kinzhal. And if no target worthy, it still doesn't logically dictate Kinzhal cannot and would not be used.

Maybe the Russians just wanted to use it. Maybe the target they considered to be moving out. Maybe the Russians have a few Mig-31 armed with Kinzhal doing sorties 500km + away and any time they receive intel about vital and important high value targets on the move, they fire Kinzhal for the time sensitivity reason.

Who knows.

Well, you can clearly see the profile of the missile, so I am thinking it is not really that far from he ground perspective. maybe below 500 ft. The further up the missile get the harder to see a full profile.

I cannot tell you what, but from the cruise missile attack I have seen, this look just like other cruise missile attack I have seen.

That's what I can tell you

And if the original video has already been taken down, maybe we should drop this as well.

Normally LACMs hug the ground. Kalibr is like 50m above ground in one video and that speed was slower than this through the frame of the video. Anyway I gotta say, this is nothing like a typical LACM.

And we couldn't really see the profile at all in that video. It was just a glow. The link we have has been removed but if you find another, post it please.

A Ukrainian SOF operator - armed with an indigenous Ukrainian "Malyuk" bullpup assault rifle, and wearing a very sophisticated set of GPNVG-18 night vision goggles (that cost around $40,000).
FOKRkqJWQAEJiq5

The equipment level of the Ukrainian soldiers is surprisingly very good. The report I shared in my previous message also refers to this. We can say that the USA made this preparation well in Ukraine.

Oh yeah, China said it, then it must be true.

It's like when Russia said they try to "Denazify" a Jewish Regime. And then turn around and destroy Babi Yar holocaust Museum, sure, it's all about a Nazi Jew, right?

Dude, I even felt stupid typing it.......

Israeli investigators proved that was a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom