What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seems like the majority of Russians outside big cities like Moscow prefer this type of authoritarian rule based on some survey.

I have spoken to Russians even from Moscow who say things actually got worse for a lot of people after the USSR. The rich-poor divide got a lot worse after the collapse of the USSR.

I am not advocating any particular economic system, just saying what I heard some Russians say.

The Queen of Ukraine surely.

How much dignity has a 70 year old dwarf who constantly does beaty surgery and botox treatment? Putins entire appereance is like satire

22703a22cd6f57ef898324cc39f382aa

1. The picture on the left is from probably 20 years ago.

2. OK, will you accept Putin's tall, 56-year-old friend Bashar al Assad ?
275px-Lula_Al-Assad_Itamaraty_2010.jpg

Yeah what about the 100 cities Russia is shelling... fake news is it ?

Odious cretin, get a job

In those 100 cities your Ukranian military is placing artillery and rocketry and bases in school grounds, hospitals and residential areas. Please talk about that.

Let @Amliunion have the job of posting truth from that war, because after all we have you busy building the components of humanity's first Mars crewed settlement while simultaneously sitting in the UN General Assembly bringing peace to humanity on this world.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Russians even from Moscow who say things actually got worse for a lot of people after the USSR. The rich-poor divide got a lot worse after the collapse of the USSR.

I am not advocating any particular economic system, just saying what I heard some Russians say.
Abruptly switching gears to democracy from the fall of Soviet was a big systemic shock for Russians. Suddenly, they had these big state institutions that were in the hands of private owners who took them based on their connections with the party. General public was told that it was every man for himself. There was an apparent dearth in the per capita availability of resources in a country whose citizens were long told that they were a super power. I can only imagine the disillusionment when they were expecting to become like the US overnight, but instead got a hard lesson that democratic institutions take a long time to develop. Before this society could adapt to the change, the secret service guys who ruled Soviet Union were back in power again. The Iron curtain is back to keep them boxed. Only reason that about 20% Russians seem to be pro western is because they are younger and know to use the internet that is beyond RU-net :laugh:

The problem with people like you is, you have such a specific hated of let's say the U.S.A for example that regardless of their enemy, you support them

Russia, killed million + in Afghanistan in my lifetime, pretty much demolished Chechnya and rebuilt it to it's standards with its desired puppet etc. And this is a story that you can find several times with Russia, Dagestan, Georgia, Tajikistan, Caucasus etc etc etc all recent and majority of them Muslim countries being oppressed.

Yet you fall for the anti western (extremely basic cheap and cliche) propaganda that the likes of RT/PressTV produce and somehow you think Russia's this poor underdog who is fighting for survival against oppression.

Fascist police state that regularly invades it's neighbors. If you defend such a nation you need your head fixed, hence why the handful of nations that back Russia are normally places like Eritrea, Venezuela and north Korea.

Russia is certainly no angel. This attack on Ukraine is unwarranted and killing innocent people.

However you mention USA as an example and the hate certain individuals have for their policies. I cannot but agree with their hatred anger and annoyance.
Any nation going into Iraq and demolishing it - killing innocent millions under the pretext of lies - what do you expect? Lets not forget Afghanistan Syria and Libya for a start.
The way they have introduced "democracy" to Libya is startling. Just google Libya before and after and it will show you what they are capable off.

This latest conflict opens wounds up and memories. It shows us that white blue eyed people merit a different response from the west. The blatant racism towards paid Indian students by these racist Ukrainians shows me plenty when it comes to what kind of nation it is.

I stand with ordinary citizens on both sides that are now suffering - lost ones will be buried but those that they leave behind have permanent scars and pain to show. You continue to fall for those copying RT and Press TV - and voicing the propaganda portraying the west as the heroes and legends. You and those that you criticize are both perhaps cut from the same cloth but voicing opposite tones. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Russians are no angels but dont portray the west and their subservient Ukraine as the victim. You try creating uncertainty and conflict of a nuke state like Russia - dont expect it to take it and bow. Russia aint no Iraq.

This interview by General Petraeus is really very good.

He gives a sober, professional, fact-based assessment, unlike the obviously exaggerated propaganda in the media by both sides.

There's no doubt Zelensky was a much smarter and beloved politician than Poroshenko. He is much more charismatic compared to the previous 2 presidents who ruled from 2014 onwards.
He is an actor with little to no political experience, he looks more like a figurehead that can act well on TV.

What they win? Ash and mud. Destroyed land and insurgence with manpads in evry barn.
Europe is not immune from Insurgency with manpads in every barn in near future. The 5 Manpads in Ukrainian Grandma can go to hands of EU's adversaries.

"Any cargo that contains weapons for Ukraine will become a legitimate target for Russia - Lavrov"

Why only cargo ? Any military base in the West sending weapons destined for the Ukrainian military, any government or military office in the West recruiting fighters destined to support the Ukranian military should be considered as hostiles and be seen for pre-emptive action by Russian agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom