What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russias made very little progress in the last week. Each day that passes is more destroyed armor and convoys and supply lines that grow thinner. Russian losses are at an unsustainable rate.
The amount of tanks and armor destroyed is equal to all of Russian army. Wonder why they are still there and yes I agree they are struggling big time. Will it not be suitable for Russia to sign peace agreement with Ukraine and withdraw but they are still attacking. What is the reality?

• Haha
Reactions: TNT
Russias made very little progress in the last week. Each day that passes is more destroyed armor and convoys and supply lines that grow thinner. Russian losses are at an unsustainable rate.

Russians lose armour, but Ukrainians lose positions. I see few BTGs being used as sacrificial diversionary forces, to stretch Ukraine thin, WW2 style.

The 7 BTGs group which tried to approach Kiyv from the East took some losses, and then made a U turn straight to Russian border.

Ukrainians tried to hunt straggler companies running around in unimportant small villages in South-East, and lost line cohesion in Marioupol, allowing a cutoff. They only started consolidating their defense stance there when they already spent MLRS, and arty on few assorted routing companies, and lost air defence.

I was under the impression that only Crimea had the majority based on some maps seen in the past. Maybe I'm wrong @Foinikas
ukraine-language.png

I thought I had something about Crimea only but anyway

The amount of tanks and armor destroyed is equal to all of Russian army. Wonder why they are still there and yes I agree they are struggling big time. Will it not be suitable for Russia to sign peace agreement with Ukraine and withdraw but they are still attacking. What is the reality?

If we don’t see serious advancement over the next 1-2 weeks, then the Russian offensive has been paralyzed. Most of Ukraines largest cities still haven’t been touched. And Russian forces outside Kiev are seeing 20% frontline losses, and they still haven’t entered the 2-3M population of Kiev city proper. Russias in trouble

Russians lose armour, but Ukrainians lose positions. I see few BTGs being used as sacrificial diversionary forces, to stretch Ukraine thin, WW2 style.

The 7 BTGs group which tried to approach Kiyv from the East took some losses, and then made a U turn straight to Russian border.

Ukrainians tried to hunt straggler companies running around in unimportant small villages in South-East, and lost line cohesion in Marioupol, allowing a cutoff. They only started consolidating their defense stance there when they already spent MLRS, and arty on few assorted routing companies, and lost air defence.

The Russian offensive is close to paralysis.

Most anti Putin Russian voices want this war to continue, but with NATO intervention. They hope that a military defeat would crush Putin in domestic politics and liberate them. They dismiss Putin's nuclear threat as a bluff and do not want Putin to be given an off ramp. The anti Putin voices in Russia warn that if Putin is given a way out of the situation, then he will come back again stronger.
From an American perspective, I think giving Putin an off ramp is not a bad deal. Strategically, keeping the boogeyman at European door step will keep the NATO ducks in a row. All primed to accept American leadership for the next decade or so. :usflag:8-)

I still don't know why some people bring up Germany spending more on defense or that Finland might join NATO or that there will be American leadership in NATO?? What is Europe without America when it comes to geopolitics?? I don't see Germany getting militarized or Finland joining NATO amounts to much when a B-Grade power like Russia is the main adversary of Europe. And even Russia is destined to join Europe before long--especially after Putin. A lot of garbage has been said about how Russia will duplicate the Soviet model of intimidations and conquests. People forget that NATO countries have the American backing and that Russia is a shadow of its former power. Sure, nobody would want to live under a sick Russia. I'd prefer a poor Pakistan or a poor Ecuador over Russia. But then Russia is not the threat as made out to be!

Here, watch it and ponder. Try to establish some perspective beyond what people perceive to be their national interests.

Personally I couldn't care if Russia bombs Ukraine back to the stone age.

Because that is exactly what some western country said to Pervez Musharraf in our moment of weakness or desperate times.

Thats why I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom