What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Did the russian really fight hard to take the coastline in southern Ukraine? Not really. It was taken using bribes an surprise. They hardly fired their weapons until reaching Mariupol. Russia attacking Ukraine anno 2023 wouldnt have a chance reaching mainland Ukraine from Crimea.
But sure, Ukraine is becomming part of NATO, and that includes the Azov Sea. It wouldnt even surprise me if NATO members opt for providing troops to ukrainian territory before this war with Russia is over.

A country cannot join NATO if it is undergoing armed conflict. Ukraine would only be allowed to join if it either defeats Russia or they agree a peace settlement. That is why Ukraine could not join NATO since 2014 because of the armed conflict in the Donbas. It's in Russia's interest to keep this conflict simmering, so that Ukraine can not join NATO.

or destroy the dam , shrink the water reservoir above the dam and make amphibious attack a lot easier
Errr.....are you saying Ukraine can done all these (Destroy the dam and then drain the entire reservoir) with Russia controlling the Dam and the other side of the town??

I don't know what kind of irregular capability Ukraine have but if Ukraine can destroy the dam and then drain the water at the same time and done them all under Russian nose, I guess Russia deserved to lose this war.....

And also, as I said, even if the reservoir is empty, it will still be a choke point between the two ends of the reservoir so that really didn't do much in the scheme of thing. They will need to fill that reservoir with sand or whatever til even to negate that effect, maybe the Ukrainian insurgent can pull it off too? Well, I mean if you think it's possible for them to destroy the dam and drain the water...

I mean, this is probably too much of a stretch even for the most die hard Russian supporter.......

20230608_151816.jpg

20230608_151821.jpg
20230608_151818.jpg
20230608_151813.jpg

Are these leos ?

You are free to speculate on that.
Nothing. At least nothing will change for the EU after this war. Because Russia has exhausted itself so much that it will not pose a conventional threat to continental Europe for at least 100 years. In addition, the EU has established its own army, which will soon gain offensive capability in addition to defensive capability.

Since there is no equivalent economic power in the border neighbors of the EU, there is nothing to fear for the EU. The irony of the matter is that since Britain left the EU, it became easier to establish this army.

After this separation, if anyone is to lose anything in terms of defense capability, it would be Turkiye and non-EU NATO members among NATO members.
In other words, no one want the US to withdraw from NATO. At least no one in this little corner of the internet. But everyone bristled at the idea that Europe should spend more on its defense and take its mutual defense agreement more seriously. NATO is a remnant of the Cold War, it was needed because there was a bloc of countries hostile to the rest of Europe. Now, there is no more such bloc but that Cold War era nuclear threat remains. The fact that a non-defense pact country -- Ukraine -- is sacrificing itself should be a mark of shame for Europe. Theoretically, with the EU, there should be no longer the need for NATO. The US do not need NATO to remain a defense partner to Europe. The structure of NATO could have -- and should have -- been absorbed into the EU charter. The economic wealth of the EU collective should have slowly supplant the US contribution. But now, with the disaster in Ukraine, the weaknesses of the EU defense pact laid bare. NATO was dominated by the US for decades, and now, it looks that structure will remains for a few more decades.

they are indeed ...General Servokin seems to be passing his hardest tests in the career and hes doing very well so far. this week seems to be decisive in this war
Thing is anyone glorifying equipment losses in such a high surveillance and intelligent battlefield environment will always have to save face afterwards supporting any side... There is no wonder weapon now. Everything needs to work in a kind of battlefield ecosystem. The moment you crack your adversaries' ecosystem the rest falls..

Agreed, but others also speak abou first losses … we’ll have to wait for more information.

Geolocation:

We will see

Agreed, but others also speak abou first losses … we’ll have to wait for more information.

Geolocation:

Not enough context if you ask me. I can see Leo 2, M113, Some Truck, T-72 and T-64 Tanks in those image.

The image only show us some of the equipment are destroyed, but I am not able to see what is being destroyed. Maybe it was Leo 2, maybe it was M113, maybe it was something else, or maybe it was Russian equipment.

This particular image particular show the issue I am talking about

FyFXXJEWwAE1WWr.jpg

I am pretty sure the tank (red Circle) is a Leo 2, but the destroyed tank (Blue Circle) is facing opposite side of the Leo 2 and the destroyed BMP? (Green Circle) is also facing an opposite direction from the Leo 2 as well.

So in this context, I can't really see anything of value of those wreck, I can't ID them as Leo 2 and it could have just been anything in the battlefield it could have even been from the Russian..

A US Intelligence official is not an average joe. You do not know the exact words the official used. You do not know if the journalist interpreted the comment or if it was verbatim.

The same article says that the party firing the missile is unknown.

So you have nothing.

Actually you have nothing , the world was published in news , and was Russian missile not russian made missile

If you call a US Senator ”an intelligence official”, you are a fool.
They are politicians and some made comments before an official statement came.
Again, the article confirms that the launching party is unknown at that point.
politicaian with a lot more power than intelligence officials , stop grasping the straws

In other words, no one want the US to withdraw from NATO. At least no one in this little corner of the internet. But everyone bristled at the idea that Europe should spend more on its defense and take its mutual defense agreement more seriously.
No, It was agreed in 2014 that reduction in defense expenditure should stop and an ambition (not an obligation) was set to start increasing towards 2% in 2024.
Right now, it looks like most countries will meet the ambition.

There was no agreement that the 2% target should be reached under Trumps presidency. Trump started yelling about Europeans not meeting their committments - which is untrue. That Europeans did not pay the US for their defense Et.c. Which showed that he did not understand how things worked.

NATO is a remnant of the Cold War, it was needed because there was a bloc of countries hostile to the rest of Europe. Now, there is no more such bloc but that Cold War era nuclear threat remains. The fact that a non-defense pact country -- Ukraine -- is sacrificing itself should be a mark of shame for Europe. Theoretically, with the EU, there should be no longer the need for NATO. The US do not need NATO to remain a defense partner to Europe. The structure of NATO could have -- and should have -- been absorbed into the EU charter. The economic wealth of the EU collective should have slowly supplant the US contribution. But now, with the disaster in Ukraine, the weaknesses of the EU defense pact laid bare. NATO was dominated by the US for decades, and now, it looks that structure will remains for a few more decades.

The EU is not a defense pact and the set of EU countries are not the same as the set of NATO countries.

Errr.....are you saying Ukraine can done all these (Destroy the dam and then drain the entire reservoir) with Russia controlling the Dam and the other side of the town??

I don't know what kind of irregular capability Ukraine have but if Ukraine can destroy the dam and then drain the water at the same time and done them all under Russian nose, I guess Russia deserved to lose this war.....

And also, as I said, even if the reservoir is empty, it will still be a choke point between the two ends of the reservoir so that really didn't do much in the scheme of thing. They will need to fill that reservoir with sand or whatever til even to negate that effect, maybe the Ukrainian insurgent can pull it off too? Well, I mean if you think it's possible for them to destroy the dam and drain the water...

I mean, this is probably too much of a stretch even for the most die hard Russian supporter.......
those sea drones are like torpedoes , they can do serious damages to the Dam structure
and they previously used one on a dam or bridge previously?
when the damage is done the reservoir drain itself.
the choke point will not be worse than the artificial lake or river down the dam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom