What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Seeing that guy is still in Russian dugout, he is fair game by the Ukrainian until he surrendered (eg waving a white flag) to the Ukrainian and become POW. Because before he became a POW, the Geneva convention does not applies to the Ukrainian. On the other hand, if the Russian shoot that guy when he was in a Russian dug out, then Russia is actually violating the first Geneva convention....
I see, its still terrible to see the determination of one person to kill another and the determination of the other to survive. What a terrible things people do to one another.
It's 7.6 million, you think housing an additional 10 million for *at least* 4 months is some trivial logistical task that won't strain resources? You think Soviet-era transformers and electrical substations are easy to replace within that timespan? I actually think you would have to be stupid or naïve to think refugees would return to a stone age country in the spring.
Europe can easily accomodate any number of millions of refugees. Especially if they are ukranian. Germany took 5 million Syrians no that long ago and noone even noticed.

This guy just had a hand grenade explode on his face. This is not good.

Does aloe know the consequences of such a think, I mean do you die of concussion or is there not much left of that part of the body?

wonder what it had to do with my post ? it even don't show what it belong to
It was all good when you were standing shoulder to shoulder with the same west you're cursing today. Hypocrite.

Ref 1971 Bangladesh libration war.

Russia just work around all international laws about war saying that what they do is not a war, it's a "special military operation".

596.gif

It's like when USA launched "preemptive strike" against Iraq.
USA doesnt launch "first strikes", USA launchs "preemptive strikes" :lol:

Russia doesnt start "war", Russia start "special military operation" in a foreign country :lol:.

I think both are a pair of criminals evil clowns countries.
The US produced three Casus Belli in front of the UN.
You consider them the same because You choose to be uninformed.

That’s quick.

Putin says, as per Interfax, 320,000 mobi were recruited. From them he has already shifted 130,000 to Ukraine or about to enter Ukraine. That means those poor souls hardly received any training and preparation. Good to die worthless in foreign country.

By this pace, Russia loses about 1,000 men per day, he will recruit another 320,000 men in a year.

Probably that’s why Putin refuses to publish the total number of mobi.

Wladimir Putin am Montag in der russischen Oblast Tver

Bild vergrößern
Wladimir Putin am Montag in der russischen Oblast Tver

Foto:
MAKSIM BLINOV / KREMLIN POOL / SPUTNIK / POOL / EPA

International Law only cover soldier that had surrendered. Once you become a POW, you are protected by the Geneva convention. Any hostile action toward POW is strictly forbidden.

Interestingly, First Geneva Convention only covered wounded and sick soldier treatment on your own side, because once you turn over that wounded soldier (it's also strictly forbidden to do so unless in exceptional circumstance), that soldier would become a POW of the other party. Then Third Geneva Convention applies.

What so interesting is, First Geneva Convention protect that wounded soldier from being murdered and tortured by his own side, while Third Geneva Convention protect that soldier who upon becoming a POW, from being torture and murdered by the enemy.

Seeing that guy is still in Russian dugout, he is fair game by the Ukrainian until he surrendered (eg waving a white flag) to the Ukrainian and become POW. Because before he became a POW, the Geneva convention does not applies to the Ukrainian. On the other hand, if the Russian shoot that guy when he was in a Russian dug out, then Russia is actually violating the first Geneva convention....
well if you look at 2nd convention you see that its a little more diverse a and cover a lot more than you said

It was all good when you were standing shoulder to shoulder with the same west you're cursing today. Hypocrite.

Ref 1971 Bangladesh libration war.
from where you get it first the war was 52 years ago and other government another world , there was a revolution after that if you are not aware
second this is from Wikipedia from where you get that
1667844088878.png

only one time Iran name has ever came in that war and that is USA shipped its weapon to Jordan then routed them through Iran to Pakistan even in this there is no name of Iran as participant
1667844398698.png

and even in this
1667844704667.png

so I ask again from where you get that fake data

How can you be okay with those odds regardless 💀
Well, I used to run with the ranger... My odd are probably worse than the Soviet during 1945...

well if you look at 2nd convention you see that its a little more diverse a and cover a lot more than you said
Second Gevena Convention does not cover land combat.

It's Treaties, States parties, and Commentaries - Geneva Convention (II) on Wounded, Sick and Shipwrecked of Armed Forces at Sea, 1949

If you read the entire chapter, you will see it mention only the action at sea. Well, at least that's what my wife, a Military and International Law lawyer, who told me that.

I see, its still terrible to see the determination of one person to kill another and the determination of the other to survive. What a terrible things people do to one another.

Well, considering this is all you do when you are at war.......That's not really a terrible thing to do.

The terrible thing is whoever start this and send their people to war. Now, that's terrible,

Last edited:
Lol, it wouldn't be 10 million people leaving now, Russian cannot take down the entire grid, most likely East of the Dnieper because Poland and Romania can and have been redirecting their grid to Lviv and Western Part of Ukraine, which unless you try to bomb the substation one by one which would be in Hundred if not Thousand, those place near the Poland and Romania border will not be affected.

On the other hand, Ukraine still have 3 Nuclear Power Plant functioning in Western Side of the Country (Khmelnytskyi, Rivne, Yuzhnoukrainsk) combine with 4000 MW in total, those will not be bombed and take out of action and those can effectively supplies almost 90% of Western Ukraine, consider Ukraine power consumption per capita is 2800kW, which is roughly 1/3 of the entire Electricity output per year. Which mean it will not add another 10 millions refugee, because at least half of Ukraine are men, and half of the women and children and those who can leave had already left, and you are talking about 4 to 5 million people at most that can leave Ukraine. And a lot of those are in Western Ukraine.

So yes, EU can take care of whatever refugee for 4 months without straining supplies. And lol, have you even talked to any Ukrainian refugee? Do you even know why only around 10 million left and not all of them are gone even when there is a war rage on? Don't ask people stupid question like that, if Ukrainian don't feel Ukrainian nationalism, they would have already surrendered a long time ago. You have to be naive to think Ukrainian would just bolt and never come back, if they do, then no one will be fighting the Russian right now.
Yes they can, again the transformers that make that power useful can be hit and destroyed, there are not "hundreds or thousands of them," there are 132 outdated substations in all of Ukraine, easy pickings for Shahed drones. They won't hit the NPPs themselves and risk a nuclear incident. Poland and Romania do not have the spare capacity to supply western Ukraine, the former is literally burning garbage for power. Handwave or spin it how you want, sending Ukraine back to the stone age is going to have massive consequences.

Yes they can, again the transformers that make that power useful can be hit and destroyed, there are not "hundreds or thousands of them," there are 132 outdated substations in all of Ukraine, easy pickings for Shahed drones. They won't hit the NPPs themselves and risk a nuclear incident. Poland and Romania do not have the spare capacity to supply western Ukraine, the former is literally burning garbage for power. Handwave or spin it how you want, sending Ukraine back to the stone age is going to have massive consequences.
Dude, it's not just substation, it's also distribution center, relay center and other infrastructure.

Also, you probably not going to hit that far west, because you can't control how Shahed Drone hit their target since they don't have optical feedback, you can program it hit a certain area, and that area is mighty close to Poland. And it's one thing for a drone to hit a large target like a power plant, it's another issue for them to hit a container size target like a substation.

On the other hand, even if you did this and you can take out Polish/Romania Power grid in Ukraine. The Ukrainian still generate quite a lot of GigaWatt with their NPP (4GW with all 3 NPP and can be up to 5.6GW if they are running it on 100%). And all of them still operational is in Western Ukraine, as I said, before the war the energy quota is 2800kW per person a year, those NPP alone can generate 1/3 of all the power before the war, and now the industrial and commercial side of the PowerGrid can be forego, it's easy enough to redivert those power to Western Ukraine.

As for how "Massive" the consequence to send Ukraine back to stone age? Well, come back and tell me in March next year and see if it really does anything, because nobody knows, but if history prove us right, not a single country, including Russia and Soviet Union, crumble when they are without Power in war in Harsh Winter, not the UK, not Iran, not Israel, not Vietnam not everywhere. Unless you know something I don't, or you are actually a time traveller and came back from the future. If we go by the History Book, it won't do anything.

Dude, it's not just substation, it's also distribution center, relay center and other infrastructure.

Also, you probably not going to hit that far west, because you can't control how Shahed Drone hit their target since they don't have optical feedback, you can program it hit a certain area, and that area is mighty close to Poland. And it's one thing for a drone to hit a large target like a power plant, it's another issue for them to hit a container size target like a substation.

On the other hand, even if you did this and you can take out Polish/Romania Power grid in Ukraine. The Ukrainian still generate quite a lot of GigaWatt with their NPP (4GW with all 3 NPP and can be up to 5.6GW if they are running it on 100%). And all of them still operational is in Western Ukraine, as I said, before the war the energy quota is 2800kW per person a year, those NPP alone can generate 1/3 of all the power before the war, and now the industrial and commercial side of the PowerGrid can be forego, it's easy enough to redivert those power to Western Ukraine.

As for how "Massive" the consequence to send Ukraine back to stone age? Well, come back and tell me in March next year and see if it really does anything, because nobody knows, but if history prove us right, not a single country, including Russia and Soviet Union, crumble when they are without Power in war in Harsh Winter, not the UK, not Iran, not Israel, not Vietnam not everywhere. Unless you know something I don't, or you are actually a time traveller and came back from the future. If we go by the History Book, it won't do anything.
Ukraine's entire power grid is down to 60%, looks like Russian strikes have worked so far so your coping about the resilience of Ukraine's power infrastructure is based solely on your own wishcasting. The effects are cumulative, not only will Ukraine have to deal with a harsh winter, another refugee crisis, but 300k+ reinforcements and likely strikes against logistical infrastructure too. I'm no time traveller but I can put 2+2 together, the only difference is where I see 4 you see 5.

Ukraine's entire power grid is down to 60%, looks like Russian strikes have worked so far so your coping about the resilience of Ukraine's power infrastructure is based solely on your own wishcasting. The effects are cumulative, not only will Ukraine have to deal with a harsh winter, another refugee crisis, but 300k+ reinforcements and likely strikes against logistical infrastructure too. I'm no time traveller but I can put 2+2 together, the only difference is where I see 4 you see 5.
dude, again, you are the one that claim the power structure is going to make a fuzz, when you yourselve also saying Ukraine power is down to 60%. Can that 60% cover the western Ukraine? You keep saying no, sure, 60% of national power grid cannot cover 50% of the entire country, I believe you. lol

On the other hand, they may as well send in 1.3 million "reinforcement" with 2 weeks training it wouldn't make a different, had you ever undergo military training? You know how much training 2 weeks will get you? You probably are not even going to be proficiency with a rifle if all you had is 2 weeks training then you got thrown into the frontline, let alone formation, basic soldiering technique, and fieldcraft. US Army Basic is a 13-week course, then you acquire "BASIC" soldiering skill, which is different than being an infantry, to be an infantry, you will need 16 weeks of AIT to learn how to lay ambushes, how to move between tactical environment, and basic tactics and so on. It makes good patriotic novel to send untrained recruit to the frontline, but it does not work in battle. Because on the other side you are facing a 9 week trained Ukrianian soldier with 8 months fighting experience who were rotated between each deployment.

Talking about coping. Again, Russia lost 200+ village and settlement since they terror bomb Ukrainian infrastructure in late September. Russian gain maybe 3. And Russia is poised to lose Kherson. And you are telling me Russia is doing a good job in the frontline? In fact, as I said, Zelenskyy would probably do a Churchill and send Putin a thank you note, because Russia effectively put pressure off Ukrainian frontline when they focus on Civilian Infrastructure, just like Hitler did put pressure off RAF when they were winning the Battle of Britain. Plus all these histories of war said bombing civilian infrastructure did nothing all the way tracing back to Roman siege in Carthage back in 136BC, and yet you think it will work in this war. Now who's coping?

Again, come back and tell me about this work next year, because I don't indulge in personal fantasy

Back
Top Bottom