What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

390 billion dollars will be paid by the European Union to gas suppliers in 2022, including Russia
On the other hand, it was 120 billion in 2021
The impact of sanctions on Russia: Shooting own feet..

Last edited:
Just wondering why this tank is fighting infantry from like 10 meters away in a tree line. It shouldve run over the trench a couple of times, or not have been there without infantry support.
Should have use infantry support. Too dangerous that you could get the tank stuck in the trench if the tracks slid into it if driving parallel to the trench.

Trash moronic post. Its right about 'bullying' Russia, or at least making its presence known.
But a B-52 with AGM86B cruise missile has a range of over 1,500 miles. Gotland to Moscow is not even a 1,000 miles. You don't need a lumbering 8 engine bomber with the radar signature of an airliner close to Russian territory to be a threat.

This is not the 50s that the B-52 has to be up close to enemy territory to be a threat. US is doing what it does over the Korean peninsula: makes its presence known. Much like Russians do with their Tu95 flights over to Cuba and hug the North American airspace (or at least they used to do it). Its a 'hey I am here' , not 'I am here close enough to attack you'.

Buying at around 60$. Thats not much different so no idea what the sanctions are suppose to do.

Russia is more then happy selling at current prices

The only losers seem to be Europe which now are deprived of dirt cheap gas..

Total Bs.
Russia was making plenty of money even at 20$

Only American shell oil is 45-50$

Anyway war will go on and Russia will take donbass in next 6-8 months.

Only thing that will change the war is USA providing real weapons like f16s
Russian cost of production of oil in 2021 was about $40/barrel. It is estimated to have gone up to $45. So you can believe emotionally that they can make money even at $20. But thats not how business works. You can't sell it for less than what you get it out of the ground for and make money.

Russia deficit is now 2% of GDP. Not ever before 2022 in recent memory and is partially a consequence.

I don't know know if they take Donbas in 6-8 months but if they take Bakhmut by June they would have been at it for a year, so lets see by the time the earth is hit by a meteor, they should have taken the next village

Who do you think protected & armed your country from the indian all those years ago?

Nice of you to mention being ungrateful because Pakistan would not have existed without the US supports.

So maybe show some appreciation to the americans once in a while.
US is not such a great benefactor. In the 50s/60s it helped formed CENTO, a bulwark against Communist expansion in Asia in which Pakistan, Iran, Turkey were members. Through the 60s it got overflights over USSR before satellites came into existence (and Gary Powers got shotdown). And it was the main physical conduit for fight to dismantle USSR in Afghanistan.

US in the 90s then became selfish when its goals in the area were satisfied and got against Pakistan nuclear program and stopped providing military equipment, even what Pakistan had paid for. US wanted Pakistan to be compliant and give up its nuclear ambitions and then cease to exist by virtue of India's superior conventional force.
As with most relationships, it was bidirectional.

Don't take a benefactor Red Cross altruistic mindset that US did it out of goodness of its heart.

I do understand , why indisns have stuck by Russia. But not Pakistanis on here , that doesn’t make no sense to me one bit. as Russia is Indian ally not Islamabads, So the question is then, why are you Pakistanis guys sticking your neck out for putin Russia , who fully supports and backs india on Kashmir at United Nations , and military support . And the very country Ukraine you want to see lose actually helped pakistan military so much over the years. They sold your tech when others told Pakistan to get lost!!!
Having spent some time in Pakistan, I can comment somewhat: its not that Pakistanis like Putin or Russia.

What their bigger issue is the double standard of how NATO/ISAF was in Afghanistan and the consequential destruction it caused in Pakistan (via the Taliban). The morality with which some on this forum talk about the purity of US is what the opinions are against. I don't believe most Pakistanis care for Putin or Russia's policies. But they do think that what Putin is doing is no different from west's historical interference in the region and turning a blind eye to Israel, and also engaging in its own ambitions in Asia/Iraq.

Just wondering why this tank is fighting infantry from like 10 meters away in a tree line. It shouldve run over the trench a couple of times, or not have been there without infantry support.
Where is that? Bakhmut?
The strategy is ok, tanks shooting into trenches. Kill’ m all. Old WW2 tactic. You don’t know if they throw a grenate.
The US says there are about 6,000 Wagners. 30,000 regular Russia army.
Lots of zombies in such a small place.

390 billion dollars will be paid by the European Union to gas suppliers in 2022, including Russia
On the other hand, it was 120 billion in 2021
The impact of sanctions on Russia: Shooting own feet..

Putin starting the war skyrocketed gas prices. It also took several months for EU to set up alternatives.

So with 10 fold price, that half year of gas use was still a record year.

But look at the second half 2022 usage?

Now gas price is back to 40.
I assume you know basic math?
Extrapolate jan/feb use times price for the year and you will see a record low revenue for 2023 coming in for russia….

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom