What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

for tracking target up to 150 km , for less than 75km the radar is not really needed, E/O and the radar on the missile can do the job
Good. So you admit that even E/O guidance needs initial radar guidance. One of the most tiring issue on this forum is the violations of the laws of physics and common sense by Chinese and Iranians, as in 'Chinese physics' and 'Iranian physics', and sometimes even 'Russian physics'. :rolleyes:

both P8 and RQ-4 designed to be able to detect enemy air defense don't forget one of the duty of P8 is intelligence , surveillance and reconnaissance and you can get data from many other source for example oth radars and e/o system , you even can use spotters if you most
lol, who told you about the job for P-8 is intelligence??

P-8A main role is for Naval Interdiction, the ISR capability are focused on Naval Asset. I don't think P-8 can detect Airborne Radar (Have to check with my friend that actually flew the P-8) and certainly they can do nothing about it other than launching chaff.

And what are you supposing the P-8 Crew to do? Dog fight in a Boeing 737 with an SAM missile??

Dude, you probably confused between P-8A Poseidon and E-8 JSTAR. Or you probably just know shit about US equipment.

48n6 and 48N6P-01 have the capability of TVM guidance so its more precise than what you think

lol, TOW missile can be TVM guide, I would not consider TOW missile accurate.

And it wasn't designed to take out Ground target, so no, it would still be better to use SCUD if they can use them.

I still don't know why you are arguing with me in this. You are literally saying if Russia have a choice, they will rather convert SAM into Anti-Ground role instead of using existing in storage and usable (as you claim) SCUD missile. If you still think going thru all those work to convert a SAM is more worth it, then that mean the SCUD is shit and it wouldn't be able to do the job you claim they can do that's why it's better to convert S-300, so either way, it disproven your point.

that would be 22km , if they saw it it has one of the most advanced counter measure system usa can provide and it didn't get deployed . so considering the price of the system......'

Dude, this is not the point of my post, my point in that regard is Radar can pick up ground target that did not emit. Range is depending on the power of the Radar.

so tell me , but not that 300-400km that is against flying targets

E-3 can pick up a pick up truck 200miles away, how do I know? I had personally ordered a strike on a HVT on a technical in Afghanistan using a E-3A radar guidance.

I know FOR A FACT that they can do it.

again which variant do that.
Do you know what Anti-Radiation in High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile?. Radiation is a beam of energy emitted from a radar. Again, IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE FROM AN ENEMY RADAR...........because Friendly Radar also emit radiation......Emission is both way, you have one that go from your source to your target, and the other go back from your target to your source......Or you don't know how Radar work??

I have explained on this forum yrs ago that there is no such animal as a 'passive' radar. All radars needs a transmission source so that make it no such thing as a 'passive' radar. You can bring up a web site that uses those words but that still does not make it technically true.
"In a passive radar system, there is no dedicated transmitter. Instead, the receiver uses third-party transmitters in the environment and measures the time difference of arrival between the signal arriving directly from the transmitter and the signal arriving via reflection from the object."

Good. So you admit that even E/O guidance needs initial radar guidance. One of the most tiring issue on this forum is the violations of the laws of physics and common sense by Chinese and Iranians, as in 'Chinese physics' and 'Iranian physics', and sometimes even 'Russian physics'. :rolleyes:
well not exactly , i said if the target is more than 70-75km , or for some reason use of E/O is not possible for example there is fog or dust and visibility is limited they use radar . otherwise they pretty much can use E/O and don\t turn on Radar.
lol, who told you about the job for P-8 is intelligence??

P-8A main role is for Naval Interdiction, the ISR capability are focused on Naval Asset. I don't think P-8 can detect Airborne Radar (Have to check with my friend that actually flew the P-8) and certainly they can do nothing about it other than launching chaff.

And what are you supposing the P-8 Crew to do? Dog fight in a Boeing 737 with an SAM missile??

Dude, you probably confused between P-8A Poseidon and E-8 JSTAR. Or you probably just know shit about US equipment.
so you say RQ-4 and P8 don't have any electrical counter measure against enemy missiles.
here your definition divert from reality , those S-300 Strike, actually hit their targets
You are literally saying if Russia have a choice, they will rather convert SAM into Anti-Ground role instead of using existing in storage and usable (as you claim) SCUD missile. If you still think going thru all those work to convert a SAM is more worth it, then that mean the SCUD is shit and it wouldn't be able to do the job you claim they can do that's why it's better to convert S-300, so either way, it disproven your point.
do you deny SCUD is shit ? turning scud into something that come 100m against target is harder than building new missile , just some modification to the targetting software allow S-30 missiles hit ground target.
Dude, this is not the point of my post, my point in that regard is Radar can pick up ground target that did not emit. Range is depending on the power of the Radar
and my point is at what range .
E-3 can pick up a pick up truck 200miles away, how do I know? I had personally ordered a strike on a HVT on a technical in Afghanistan using a E-3A radar guidance.

if you say so

And it wasn't designed to take out Ground target, so no, it would still be better to use SCUD if they can use them.

I still don't know why you are arguing with me in this. You are literally saying if Russia have a choice, they will rather convert SAM into Anti-Ground role instead of using existing in storage and usable (as you claim) SCUD missile. If you still think going thru all those work to convert a SAM is more worth it, then that mean the SCUD is shit and it wouldn't be able to do the job you claim they can do that's why it's better to convert S-300, so either way, it disproven your point.

Dude, this is not the point of my post, my point in that regard is Radar can pick up ground target that did not emit. Range is depending on the power of the Radar.

Do you know what Anti-Radiation in High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile?. Radiation is a beam of energy emitted from a radar. Again, IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE FROM AN ENEMY RADAR...........because Friendly Radar also emit radiation......Emission is both way, you have one that go from your source to your target, and the other go back from your target to your source......Or you don't know how Radar work??
no the radiation in this case can't be from your radar.

Finally, we are getting somewhere. Basic radar principles operate on REFLECTIONS and reflections can happen only if there is/are transmission source(s). If the radar is the transmission source, aka 'ownership', then the system is considered the 'classical' setup. But if the transmission source(s) are not from the system, then it operate on the bi-static or multi-static setup. The transmissions came from other sources such as common radio signals, TV, or even cosmic background radiation (CBR). The bi/multi-static setup is misleading called 'passive radar' when it should be technically correct as passive sensor or detector. There is no such animal as a 'passive radar'.

The idea is not new and neither is the attempted execution, but to date, no one has made a consistently successful system. The Ukrainian Kolchuga system have been discussed on this forum for ten yrs. I explained what it is, how it operate, and its weaknesses. And the Kolchuga have not been successful as how many PDF-ers predicted to be the end of 'stealth'. The US Lockheed Silent Sentry is another attempt and is largely backshelf. Other countries had their own attempts and they also relegated the idea to lower priority, little more than a feel good science projects.

Here is a simplified diagram of the bi/multi-static detector setup...

FphF3BP.jpg

The Receiver does not own the Transmitter. The Transmitter can be anything from anyone. The Receiver simply pick up any reflections from any frequency and try to sort out what reflected signals represents what. Tactically speaking, gaps can be created by damaging/destroying the city's electrical sources or by broad spectrum EM jamming, just a couple examples.

Technically speaking, does the Receiver know the reflections came from a TV or radio source? That is critical because in the classical setup, the radar computer know exactly what it transmitted and analyze the reflections for the same signature. But with the Kolchuga and Silent Sentry systems, the Receiver must be able to discern TV from radio to cellular and if there are shipping activities nearby there would be marine safety radio signals in the mix. Do you see why the attempts are largely abandoned?
There are passive radars in operations. the companies that make it call it passive radars. Passive radars have no transmitters. Passive radars are technically very complex, require high computing power. You can deny there is no passive radar. We can agree to disagree.

so you say RQ-4 and P8 don't have any electrical counter measure against enemy missiles.

What electricial counter measure?

You mean Jamming? No.
here your definition divert from reality , those S-300 Strike, actually hit their targets

Well, they hit a mall, when their supposed target is arms factory 1000 meters away. You are going to hit something when you fire missile into the ground, just what you hit is the question here.

do you deny SCUD is shit ? turning scud into something that come 100m against target is harder than building new missile , just some modification to the targetting software allow S-30 missiles hit ground target.

S-300 is "UNTESTED" on ground target before they use it, and CEP aren't really that good judging from their target list and what they are hitting.

Whether or not SCUD is shit is beside the point, the point is you would rather use something that you can use immediately and not try to convert something into the role, because it is not at all easy to do, it's not like they put a GPS tracker on the missile and that's it.

Going back to your question, if Russia is that desperate to try to convert a S-300, they would have used SCUD for ground attack before it come to that point, again, when they did that, that mean either SCUD storm is shit (your other point) or they have no choice (My point)

and my point is at what range .

Why range is a matter if you are talking about turning the radar off on a target BEYOND visual range?

Can you see the enemy coming 22km away?

if you say so

Most of your point is also "If you say so"

no the radiation in this case can't be from your radar.

Tell me why it can't?

Fighter and AWACS can communicate with each other, by communicate, I don't mean talk between Pilot. In my old M2 Bradley, we have something called Link 2 system, which when one of my other Bradley saw a target, it can mark that target down manually and it will appear in my fire control computer screen, and I can target that enemy even if I am not seeing them.

That's Link 2 (Maybe Link 3, I forgot, well, it's 20 years ago), 20 years ago, AWACS have link 16 that can pipe down target solution to fighter plane and guide them by actively "Beaming" the target, it will as if you are beaming the target with laser pod yourself. So, it can come from someone else radar,

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression in the EU is bogus. Here you have a young German journalist who tried to report on what is happening in Donbas to the rest of the world. The German authorities first froze her bank account(s) and then her father's and now her mother's bank accounts. Why kind of a system goes after the family of a journalist who all she has done is not to toe the line of West's narrative in Ukraine and Ukraine's criminal acts in the Donbas region?

And that is of course a lie. She is suspected of supporting Russian war crimes.

Google translate:

With her Telegram account "News from Russia" Alina Lipp now reaches more than 178,000 people. But above all, they read Russian war propaganda here - often unconsciously. This is how the "daughter of a Hamburg woman and a St. Petersburgers" the war in Ukraine, following the Kremlin narrative, as "Russian special operation in Ukraine." The word "liberation" also comes up again and again.

All current developments on the Ukraine war at a glance >

On the basis of such statements, the German authorities are now investigating them. The accused are suspected of rewarding and approving crimes, according to the letter informing the 28-year-old of the investigation by the Lüneburg Public Prosecutor's Office.

As an example, two acts are named in it: that on the 24th. February posted the sentence "The denazification has begun" and on the 12th. March in a video claimed that the Russian troops "liberate" a region affected by a "genocide by the Ukrainians."

"Party Justice"

Lipp shares the writing in a video that has been circulating on social media for a few days. She shows incomprehension for the investigation. On her UK account, she specifies her accusation: "They will condemn me because I told the truth." Because according to German law, "only one-sided information may be passed on in favor of the authorities. Anything that contradicts this will be punished by the partisan judiciary." A lie.

Read more: ORF icon gives oppressive TV appearance from Moscow

In the video itself, Lipp introduces herself as an "independent German journalist." The fact that she does not report neutrally about the war in Ukraine, but clearly takes a stand for the Russian side with her own or shared telegram contributions, does not seem to see it as a break. Also, the fact that she follows the Kremlin view that the West pursues censorship does not seem to be a contradiction to her portrayal as an "independent" journalist.

Many indications for Kremlin proximity

The look at her Telegram channel also shows how close the German-Russin is with Russia: She repeatedly posts photos of encounters there - for example, of the one with the head of the information and press department and spokeswoman for the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Maria Zakharova, in September 2021. A meeting with Thomas Röper, who is considered a faithful spreader of disinformation, is also documented. In the description, Lipp describes him as a "favorite colleague."

In addition, the 28-year-old wears a T-shirt with a large "Z" on her chest in at least one video, which has become a symbol of Putin supporters in recent months:

"Russian girl" becomes "German journalist"

It is striking that the German-Russin describes herself as a "German journalist" in the current clip. Because in the past, she liked to call herself in the hashtags for her Instagram posts. Under a photo of yourself in "Military women's shoes" from the 13th. In November, she posts the hashtags #military and #soldier in Russian, among other things.

Read more: Completely different - this is how Russians experience the Ukraine war on TV

According to Correctiv.org, the use of both languages is no coincidence: Lipp has a double role. On the one hand, it brings pro-Russian war propaganda closer to a predominantly German audience. On the other hand, she paints for her Russian- and English-speaking audiences the image of a gloomy Germany in which freedom of expression does not exist."

Who is Alina Lipp?

Born and raised in Germany, she came to Crimea in 2016 for a research project at a branch of Moscow's Lomonosov University, where her father also emigrated. For her studies, she returned to Germany again, where she was active with the Greens until 2020. Lipp then left the party because it was too "anti-Russian" for her. She has been running the YouTube channel "Happy in Crimea" since 2019.

In November 2021, she moved to Donetsk shortly after meeting one of the central figures of Russian propaganda with Maria Sakharova. She also founded the Telegram channel "News from Russia" in November.

Today, Lipp is considered one of the most important voices of Russian propaganda in Germany. It operates channels under various names on Instagram, Telegram and Youtube, among others. Lipp is also chairman of the Kremlin-friendly association Friends of Crimea Germany.

———-

Back
Top Bottom