What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Well then come back for round 2 then. Oh I forgot, you don't have the military capabilities to perform expeditionary campaigns anymore.

How we deal with CCP is our own problem, and so is Taiwan. China is happy to drown you in your own blood if your interfere.
You talk like a north korean or ayatollah iranian….i dont think you are chinese at all actually.

First of all, if the Russia can do it, they would have done it already, it's been 6 months since this war.

Secondly Russia don't have a lot of the Scud in Storage. Estimate between 150-300, it' can't do much to a city size of Kyiv.

And finally, doing so will most definitely condemn by the West, they may supply their own tactical missile to Ukraine, ATACMS or Tomahawk missile both were previously not on table may be on table. Considering US have acknowledged that they had transferred HARM missile to Ukraine, nothing is impossible.
I doubt 150-300. they built those missiles at USSR era like candies and they didn't use them . they must be somewhere. the missile stored without any fuel or oxidizer so it can be stored for a lot of time and still be OK
and i really don't see any difference from carpet bombing and scud storm

I doubt 150-300. they built those missiles at USSR era like candies and they didn't use them . they must be somewhere. the missile stored without any fuel or oxidizer so it can be stored for a lot of time and still be OK
and i really don't see any difference from carpet bombing and scud storm
First of all, they were built in Ukraine, not Russia.

Second of all, they discontinue SCUD like 20 years ago when they were replaced by Iskander, it's lucky if they have 200 stored somewhere they can use.

Thirdly, you have to be blind to not see the different between SCUD storm and carpet bombing. A SCUD carries 600-900kg (Depends on type) warhead. A B-52 carrying 18-24 Mk-84 2000lbs bomb (24 with external pylon), 50+ Mk-82 500lbs bomb. Which mean each B-52 payload would be equal to 48-60 SCUD missile. 4 B-52H would probably get the entire payload of 300 SCUD. Can you see the different?

B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg

Last edited:
MoD Russia, [8/11/2022 4:45 PM]
🗓 Top News Today

⚡️ Russian Defence Minister General of the Army Sergei Shoigu (https://****/mod_russia_en/3230)has made working visits to defence industry enterprises in the Moscow and Tula regions, during which he checked the progress of the state defence order.

💥 Active Allied Forces' offensive operations (https://****/mod_russia_en/3225) have eliminated more than 50 per cent of the personnel in 14th and 66th mechanised brigades of AFU in Artemovsk and Avdeyevka directions. Mass desertions and self-willed abandonment of positions by the nationalists are being recorded.

💥 As part of counter-battery warfare (https://****/mod_russia_en/3225), 3 platoons of Grad multiple-launch rocket systems, 2 artillery platoons of Acatsiya guns and 3 platoons of D-30 howitzers have been suppressed at firing positions in Umanskoye, Krasnogorovka and Novgorodskoye in Donetsk People's Republic.

📹 Footage of combat operation of Mi-28 multipurpose attack helicopter crews (https://****/mod_russia_en/3222)of Western MD’s army aviation in the special military operation zone, of Russian paratroopers during reconnaissance and search operations (https://****/mod_russia_en/3224), as well as of the live fire of Grad multiple rocket launcher systems (https://****/mod_russia_en/3223)of the self-propelled artillery regiment of the Central Military District have been published.

⚠️ Units of the 44th Artillery Brigade of AFU shelled the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant from Nikopol' using 152-mm guns. (https://****/mod_russia_en/3238)The strikes partially damaged the auxiliary thermal power plant and the equipment of the splash pools of the nuclear reactor cooling system. Only thanks to the skilled, competent and effective actions of the units of the Russian Armed Forces in covering the nuclear power facility, the critical infrastructure of the nuclear power plant was not affected.

⚠️ Russian Federation's Joint Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response continues to record numerous facts of criminal actions by Kiev regime against civilians (https://****/mod_russia_en/3239), as well as the use of civilian infrastructure for military purposes by Ukrainian armed formations.

#MoD #Russia #Ukraine
@mod_russia_en

First of all, they were built in Ukraine, not Russia.

Second of all, they discontinue SCUD like 20 years ago when they were replaced by Iskander, it's lucky if they have 200 stored somewhere they can use.

Thirdly, you have to be blind to not see the different between SCUD storm and carpet bombing. A SCUD carries 600-900kg (Depends on type) warhead. A B-52 carrying 18-24 Mk-84 2000kg bomb (24 with external pylon), 50+ Mk-82 500kg bomb. Which mean each B-52 payload would be equal to 48-60 SCUD missile. 4 B-52H would probably get the entire payload of 300 SCUD. Can you see the different?

View attachment 870158
you see , as a person who first handily experienced scuds destruction and destruction made by mk-82 250kg bombs by 500kg you probably meant mk-83 500kg bombs i assure you there is a lot difference there.
by the way b-52 is a relic of past with its 15km max altitude 800km cruise speed and literally no maneuverability and its capability to be seen like a Christmas tree on any radar , well its better only be used for delivering cruise missiles

and its correct that they stopped producing them 20 years ago , but also they didn't used them either

▫️Operational-tactical aircraft are flown from temporary airfields to accomplish their missions.

▫️Su-35S fighter crews continue to destroy enemy targets using a wide range of aerial weapons in the course of flight missions.

▫️The crews use precision guided missiles of various air-to-air and air-to-surface classes to destroy AFU aircraft, radar stations and air defence complexes.

▫️The aircraft are operated during daylight hours and at night in all weather conditions.

@mod_russia_en

Last edited:
you see , as a person who first handily experienced scuds destruction and destruction made by mk-82 250kg bombs by 500kg you probably meant mk-83 500kg bombs i assure you there is a lot difference there.
by the way b-52 is a relic of past with its 15km max altitude 800km cruise speed and literally no maneuverability and its capability to be seen like a Christmas tree on any radar , well its better only be used for delivering cruise missiles

and its correct that they stopped producing them 20 years ago , but also they didn't used them either
Your question is what is the different between SCUD Storm and Carpet Bombing? Not whether or not Russia or US can effective do Carpet Bombing.

Also, I meant Mk 82 and Mk 84, I just messed up the unit

As for whether or not Carpet Bombing is effective, if this is US, it is, because we will have air superiority and we don't just fly B-52 alone, we will fly Iron-hand and Wild Weasel mission on enemy AA defence, making sure if they turn on their radar, they will eat HARM. That's why we still use B-52 like they would back in the 60s. For the Russian, I have already stated my opinion.

And finally, don't know if you know, explosive, like every chemical, have use by date. Most explosive shelf-life expired in 15-20 years. And then you also have electrical circuitry, all these have to properly maintain in order for them to be use after in storage for some time. It's harder to maintain like you said, it's not just pull them out of storage and it will still be mint condition. You won't be expected to pull a car out of 20 years storage and start it in the first go, let alone missile,

And for a person who had order both carpet bombing and copperhead strike, I know the different too

As for whether or not Carpet Bombing is effective, if this is US, it is, because we will have air superiority and we don't just fly B-52 alone, we will fly Iron-hand and Wild Weasel mission on enemy AA defence, making sure if they turn on their radar, they will eat HARM.
remember , Yugoslavia and F117, remember Iran and RQ-4 , there are air defense system that don't need radar for getting a lock on the aircraft or the Radar can be turned on just before or after firing the missile.
And finally, don't know if you know, explosive, like every chemical, have use by date. Most explosive shelf-life expired in 15-20 years. And then you also have electrical circuitry, all these have to properly maintain in order for them to be use after in storage for some time.
the warhead will be kept separately in storage and the part about electronics if they are not powered is debatable
You won't be expected to pull a car out of 20 years storage and start it in the first go, let alone missile,
depend on storage , i expect just change battery acid and car oil and it work after fueling it , if the storage is not a barn.

remember , Yugoslavia and F117, remember Iran and RQ-4 , there are air defense system that don't need radar for getting a lock on the aircraft or the Radar can be turned on just before or after firing the missile.

That's why you people can never win a war,

You don't expect to fight a war without casualty, We expected to lose some of the aircraft when we fight, if you think taking one F-117 (Which was 18 years old tech by the time it was shot down by the way) and RQ-4 would stop the US Air Force. Well, you probably need to think again. We will just go at you time and time again until you either run out of radar or you are too afraid to switch them on.

In WW2, we lost 10,000 B-17 and B-24, over 100,000 crew lost to keep bombing Germany daylight. We lost 3000 fix wing and 30 B-52 to fly arc light mission in Vietnam. That's how you dominate the sky. If you expect to fight a war without any casualty, then probably you should never be in the Military.

You may get a few F-16, or B-52. But if a few of those get thru, that lost would have been justified.

the warhead will be kept separately in storage and the part about electronics if they are not powered is debatable

depend on storage , i expect just change battery acid and car oil and it work after fueling it , if the storage is not a barn.

That's not how this work. Well, at least if this was a US Missile.

You don't break down the warhead because you will expose the circuitry and you also run a risk that when you put the warhead back in the missile it will fry your circuit. That's why we keep the Engine on the plane when we store them in Davis-Monthan. Maybe Russian stuff are a lot easier to maintain? I don't know.

and lol, you probably never restore old car before....Oil change and battery may work if you store for a few year (probably 5 or less) 20? You will most likely need an engine rebuilt or at least a dissemble and wash if you want it to function properly. Unless you are storing them in one of those Intel Facilities that store Computer CPUs.

And finally, again, do you think if Russia have 300+ usable Scud, wouldn't they had use them already? Instead of using repurposed S-300 missile? Dude, there is a reason why they didn't months into the war.

According to Ukraine defense, someone was smoking, then accidentally blowed up the air base.

So never smoke near a bomb!

I think it’s a joke but you never know. Like the sinking of the Moskva. It was a storm that ignited the fire onboard. When trying to stop the fire they blowed up the ship.
no war going on in Ukraine either: its a massive earthquake caused by a lot of smokers :)

Last time you faced a corrupt dying dynasty ruling over an agrarian society of illiterate peasants. Today you are facing the largest industrial power on earth with 1.4 billion educated citizens.

If you want to give us the opportunity to whoop your *** in round 2, bring your troops over. We always love a good bout of revenge. Do you even have enough working ships to sail your tiny armies over?
May be round #2 should be tried against Vietnam first and teach them a lesson? After 20 years of thrashing by US B-52s, in 1979 the Vietnamese still managed to draw a stalemate with China in the border. Want to start teaching a lesson in your backyard first?

You talk like a north korean or ayatollah iranian….i dont think you are chinese at all actually.
Oh I'm all about taking revenge against Europeans if they decide to interfere again. If that doesn't sit well with you, piss off and stay in your corner of the globe.

Back
Top Bottom