What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Sure, they redefined their goals and narrowed those, they will try to push to Odessa and with eventual success of that they will declare "victory", they are somehow on half way of it.

By my understanding, land locking of what remains of Ukraina and permanent crippling of UAF would be conditions for declaring victory.
Landlocking of Ukraine will never be allowed , eventually it will come down to negotiation with Ukraine have to give up Donbass , landlocking Ukraine would mean a fight for Ukraine survival of existence and they will fight to death

Russia is murdering, raping, looting, torturing, their way through Ukraine. There are thousands of examples from the very beginning of this war. A barbaric nation that needs to be destroyed and remade in the image of the Germans and Japanese after WW2. Their crimes would make Nazi Germany proud.

In the early days of the war I felt bad for the Russians getting incinerated, then all the photos and videos of Russian crimes came pouring in, and my feelings completely changed. Russia is a terrorist state, a barbaric nation, that needs to be bulldozed. Just as Nazi Germany and the Empire of Japan before it.
Does this golden rule apply to Israel, US of A? Or when they commit war crimes, kill children, bomb entire villages and cities, is politics only?

Putin
He is undisputed king of Russia.
He controls military, justice, parliament, executives, economy, people. And the rest. There is no opposition.
Anyone who has different opinion will land in one of numerous gulags.

1. There is no opposition to Putin ? There is the Communist party of Russia which is the second-largest party there and is strongly opposed to a lot of Putin's policies but on the question of Ukraine it is with Putin's government. And we have seen USSR flags freely flying among the Russian soldiers in Ukraine.

2. In Ukraine OTOH, months ago Zelensky banned 11 opposition parties including putting at least one opposition leader under house arrest. Zelensky has also executed a few of his own people for "treason". Many Ukrainian civilians are being forcibly drafted into the military and those who complain after getting in are going to destinations unknown, to places much worse than gulags. Just a few among things.

So who is the dictator here ?

Lastly, to those who have posted to me I will write to them tomorrow.

Putin
He is undisputed king of Russia.
He controls military, justice, parliament, executives, economy, people. And the rest. There is no opposition.
Anyone who has different opinion will land in one of numerous gulags.
or is dead from radioactive poison.

I agree, US was defeated everywhere except Granada.

You disrespect the Murica prowess at war and slaughter by innuendo Murica won only at Granada

Murica scored resounding victories at Panama and Nicaragua that you failed to recognise.

Victories in WW2 at Europe was 90% won by Stalin and Zhukov who took out 85% of Hitler military might leaving Murica to take on a few divisions of invalids at R&R at Normandy.

And China killed 2 million japs in China when China had barely any arms and relied on swords and spears
1609563618066-png.702511

and suicide charges and Murica taking out 200,000 japs in Pacific war :enjoy:
Details here

And the way Murica shouted and trumpeted that they single handed won the war. :omghaha:

1. There is no opposition to Putin ? There is the Communist party of Russia which is the second-largest party there and is strongly opposed to a lot of Putin's policies but on the question of Ukraine it is with Putin's government. And we have seen USSR flags freely flying among the Russian soldiers in Ukraine.

2. In Ukraine OTOH, months ago Zelensky banned 11 opposition parties including putting at least one opposition leader under house arrest. Zelensky has also executed a few of his own people for "treason". Many Ukrainian civilians are being forcibly drafted into the military and those who complain after getting in are going to destinations unknown, to places much worse than gulags. Just a few among things.

So who is the dictator here ?

Lastly, to those who have posted to me I will write to them tomorrow.
Putin is Russia. He treats Russia like as personal car garage.
His loyal parties in parliament want him as “Pravitel”. In German language it means “Führer“. Actually Putin presidency will expire in 2024, but now extended to 2036. I won’t be surprised if his parliament will extend his Pravitel further to 2090.

Landlocking of Ukraine will never be allowed , eventually it will come down to negotiation with Ukraine have to give up Donbass , landlocking Ukraine would mean a fight for Ukraine survival of existence and they will fight to death
I know it would be matter of life and death but what do you mean it willl not be allowed, by whom exactly?

Last edited:
So. After some 160+ days of fighting, who is winning?
Tactically? No one. Not the Ukrainian, not the Russian.

For Russia, their goal, at least for now is to occupy the entire Donbas, they had not been able to do it.

For Ukraine, their goal is to kick out Russia in all occupied territories. They had not been able to do it either.

Strategically, Russia had already lost. The ultimate goal of this war is to stop Ukraine from joining EU and NATO and stop NATO expansion and knock out Ukrainian government and install a Pro-Russian government, both of which are out of reach for Russia, in fact, Finland and Sweden have a very high chance on joining NATO and Ukraine for EU. As long as Ukraine exist as an independent country (ie Kyiv was not overrun) they are going to remain hostile to Russia, which mean Russia strategically gained a Hostile neighbour and 1200KM NATO border if and when Finland joined NATO.

Not to mention Russia economy is shot to shit right now, it will take them at least 2 decades to recover, if it was ever possible. And it is impossible for Russian economy to recover as long as Western Sanction put in place, either the west withdraws Sanction or Russia have to wait until China overtook combine US and EU economy to be able to recover......

Putin is Russia. He treats Russia like as personal car garage.
His loyal parties in parliament want him as “Pravitel”. In German language it means “Führer“. Actually Putin presidency will expire in 2024, but now extended to 2036. I won’t be surprised if his parliament will extend his Pravitel further to 2090.

Are you saying that the Russian Communist party is a loyal of Putin ? As for his presidency I will say that this war will change Russia politically and in other ways, for the good of Russia.

I know it would be matter of life ajd that but what do you mean it willl not be allowed, by whom exactly?
It's virtually no chance for Russian to attack Odessa.

When Russia lost Snake Island, that basically negate all the chances to launch a seaborne invasion to Odessa, and if you look at the map of Ukraine, the only way other than an amphibious assault is to get over the fork in Mykolaiv, and then travel some 200 miles toward Odessa over land. That included the heavily defended Southern command. Even if Russia manage to put enough man, it will take them years to get that far.

On the other hand, as we speak, Ukrainian had the tempo in the south, they are the one counter attacking, it would be considering a blessing if Russia did not lose Kherson, let alone march north toward Mykolaiv.

It's virtually no chance for Russian to attack Odessa.

When Russia lost Snake Island, that basically negate all the chances to launch a seaborne invasion to Odessa, and if you look at the map of Ukraine, the only way other than an amphibious assault is to get over the fork in Mykolaiv, and then travel some 200 miles toward Odessa over land. That included the heavily defended Southern command. Even if Russia manage to put enough man, it will take them years to get that far.

On the other hand, as we speak, Ukrainian had the tempo in the south, they are the one counter attacking, it would be considering a blessing if Russia did not lose Kherson, let alone march north toward Mykolaiv.
Exactly but i do not see it heavily defended, not many settlements before and after Mykolaev, if russians manage to capture Mykolaev/Zaporozje region it is realistic to expect that Odessa will be next.
Regarding ukrainian counterattack on south i see them as moral booster and for propaganda purposes, nothing happened for 2 months now as was it announced to be major offensive for retakin Kherson.

Tactically? No one. Not the Ukrainian, not the Russian.

For Russia, their goal, at least for now is to occupy the entire Donbas, they had not been able to do it.

For Ukraine, their goal is to kick out Russia in all occupied territories. They had not been able to do it either.

Strategically, Russia had already lost. The ultimate goal of this war is to stop Ukraine from joining EU and NATO and stop NATO expansion and knock out Ukrainian government and install a Pro-Russian government, both of which are out of reach for Russia, in fact, Finland and Sweden have a very high chance on joining NATO and Ukraine for EU. As long as Ukraine exist as an independent country (ie Kyiv was not overrun) they are going to remain hostile to Russia, which mean Russia strategically gained a Hostile neighbour and 1200KM NATO border if and when Finland joined NATO.

Not to mention Russia economy is shot to shit right now, it will take them at least 2 decades to recover, if it was ever possible. And it is impossible for Russian economy to recover as long as Western Sanction put in place, either the west withdraws Sanction or Russia have to wait until China overtook combine US and EU economy to be able to recover......

This has been a massive strategic loss for Russia. Their in a much worse position today than before the invasion. It’s going to take Russia decades to recover.

Exactly but i do not see it heavily defended, not many settlements before and after Mykolaev, if russians manage to capture Mykolaev/Zaporozje region it is realistic to expect that Odessa will be next.
This is Mykolaiv

Вид_сверху_на_Николаев.jpg

First of all, this is a city in the level of Mariupol, but unlike Mariupol, the only way to get over Mykolaiv is the bridge you see in the NW. And that was covered by the entire west bank.

For Russia to take Mykolaiv, they would have to launch an attack even greater in strength and more importantly, had to attack Mykolaiv straight on. They tried it once in the beginning when Ukraine was not at all up to their task to defend Mykolaiv, yet the Russian is beaten back.

Yes, if Russia took Mykolaiv, then they will have a relatively easy road to Odessa, that is still not at all a cake walk. However, that's the key, because Ukraine WILL defend Mykolaiv tooth and nail more or less like they did with Mariupol, and even if Russia had enough men to try and take it, it will be with very heavy casualty. Which mean there is an open question whether or not Russia would have enough men power to continue had they taken Mykolaiv

This has been a massive strategic loss for Russia. Their in a much worse position today than before the invasion. It’s going to take Russia decades to recover

Not sure they will ever recover.

The west now know Putin cannot be trusted, that honey moon you saw where Putin and Co having their happy days is over. The west are going to move away from Russia, and if they did so, there are no market left for Russia...

We will see, topografic conditions of the city are obstacle to defenders as much as to attackers, hard to resupply and manouvre.

Back
Top Bottom