What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Rheinmetall has 22 leopards 2, 88 leopards 1 in storage. However those tanks need to be refreshed before heading to Ukraine. The process will take 1 year. So Ukraine won’t get them quick from the manufacturer.
The most quicker way is Germany and other Leo operators send leopard’s direct to Ukraine from their panzer armies.

Let’s hope that Germany allows all the countries using Leopards to send them to Ukraine. Ukraine needs overwhelming force, not a few tanks this month and a few the next. Otherwise offensives will fail and this war will drag on U.K. is also sending around 30 AS90s 155mm self-propelled guns and will start training Ukrainian soldiers to use this kit in the next couple of days

Let’s hope that Germany allows all the countries using Leopards to send them to Ukraine. Ukraine needs overwhelming force, not a few tanks this month and a few the next. Otherwise offensives will fail and this war will drag on U.K. is also sending around 30 AS90s 155mm self-propelled guns and will start training Ukrainian soldiers to use this kit in the next couple of days
Will be decided next week. I think Germany will say ok. Ukraine wants leopards 2 than other western tanks because there are 3,500 leo2, if giving just 10 percent, Ukraine would get 350 immediately. The infra is there, the ammo is there. Training of Ukraine army can begin.
If also greenlighted by the gov, Rheinmetall can start mass production immediately. Ukraine would receive brand new leopards in 2 years. Germany once had 4,000 tanks. Those tanks were the backbone of the NATO.

The equation is simple. Once the Russians take the Donbass, and make no mistake, they will whatever the cost. Then the front will be fortified and a ceasefire negotiation will be offered. Should Ukraine refuse to accept the new reality, then I am afraid the poor people of Ukraine will suffer endlessly. Russia nor NATO will back down so surely there has to be a middle ground. IMO, the only solution is for Ukraine to give up the Donbass which they terrorised for 14 years. Otherwise, welcome to WW3 which will be nuclear.

Russia fires new waves of missiles at Ukraine and hits energy infrastructure

Screenshot_20230115-113434~2.png

Nonsense
F35 is too pricy to spare.
Tank as Leo2, Challenger2, Abraham is on the table.
Decision next week at the 50-country alliance meeting
Germany signals the greenlight for Leo2.
After tanks fighter jets as Mig29, F16 under discussion.

The Problem is, they will send old Leo 2A4.
They are mid-end 80s stuff.
Depends on which "Baulos".
Leopard 2A4 had 3 types of passive armor.
Type b & type c and I could bet most of the Leo 2A4 which will be send are equipped with type b.
What would be intelligent?
To upgrade all Leopard 2A4 to Leopard 2A7+ "Ukraine edition", Trophy APS, if Israel whine about that ... then Rheinmetall APS.
Same for Marder, not the best variants of this old vehicle will be send. There are good upgrades for Marder series.
Same for the Bradley. Murricans have since 1999/2000 the M2A3 (M3A3 I think came too at this point) variant, they send M2A2 ODS.
Now they are getting M2A4.
Why sending the old stuff, send them the best stuff.

Type b & type c and I could bet most of the Leo 2A4 which will be send are equipped with type b.
To upgrade all Leopard 2A4 to Leopard 2A7+ "Ukraine edition", Trophy APS, if Israel whine about that ... then Rheinmetall APS.
Same for Marder, not the best variants of this old vehicle will be send. There are good upgrades for Marder series.
Same for the Bradley. Murricans have since 1999/2000 the M2A3 (M3A3 I think came too at this point) variant, they send M2A2 ODS.
Leos did not fare well during turkey syria operation

THB, every tank without APS would have failed with these Turkish pathetic "tactics".
Static usage of tanks, no real covering screening through infantry (FSA democratic headchopper forces as securing force).
Even a modern variant of a tank, no matter T-90M, M1A2 SEP V2 (back then) or Leopard 2A7+ from Qatar would have been blown up.
Bad tactics + old tank (Leopard 2A4 with type b or maybe type c armor).

Most of Russia tanks come from Soviet area. Leopards even in lowest standard is good enough. If Ukraine receives western tanks it can break out the stalemate and regain territories.

The UK will deliver 10-12-14 Challenger 2's - that is pretty much confirmed. Additionally, they are sending a new batch of 30 x AS90's self propelled guns.

The news on the Apaches is wrong i suspect ? That would be BIG news. The Apaches will "complete" the combined arms approach on how the Challengers/AS90's should be used with the Apaches(and Warrior IFV etc ).

The UK will deliver 10-12-14 Challenger 2's - that is pretty much confirmed. Additionally, they are sending a new batch of 30 x AS90's self propelled guns.

The news on the Apaches is wrong i suspect ? That would be BIG news. The Apaches will "complete" the combined arms approach on how the Challengers/AS90's should be used with the Apaches(and Warrior IFV etc ).

I would be very surprised if the UK sent some of its Apaches. Quite expensive for the UK to risk losing.

I would be very surprised if the UK sent some of its Apaches. Quite expensive for the UK to risk losing.
Apache would be a different punch, unlikely UK sends such thing at this stage of the war. If then most likely in summer. Ukraine will adopt NATO concept of combined arms. And aviation is a must.

No tank can survive such a combat situation, just google "destroyed Challenger", images- there are many in, like M 1 and Russian tanks. No MBT can survive close combat situations without mutual support and infantry; no chance against modern anti tank missiles. The really interesting part is that Germany equipped the Kurds with "Milan" anti tank missiles, and trained them. The Milan is a French/German development of the 70`s, very reliable weapon, now old fashioned but still powerful. Such a missile with 50.000 ¿ costs can knock out a tank worth 5 mill ¿ over a distance of 2 km

Back
Top Bottom