What's new

RUSSIA starts work on second 5th generation fighter.

true it has never taken down the raptor or the jsf but they try to test them so that they can beat the technology that the raptor or jsf uses thats the <plasma stealth>

also true that whatever people say might not be right always and it applies also to the us technology.

:agree:

Plasma stealth isn't used on the Raptor or JSF, plasma stealth means that the radar of the aircraft is neutralised as well as other sensors, it makes the aircraft blind.

Of course what people say might be incorrect for technology from all countries.

Plasma stealth isn't used on the Raptor or JSF, plasma stealth means that the radar of the aircraft is neutralised as well as other sensors, it makes the aircraft blind.

Of course what people say might be incorrect for technology from all countries.

thanks sir for the info i didnt know that the raptor didnt use plasma stealth.
i thought all 5 th gen fighters have stealth technology as for russian aircrafts its plasma mirror technology.
thanks

thanks sir for the info i didnt know that the raptor didnt use plasma stealth.
i thought all 5 th gen fighters have stealth technology as for russian aircrafts its plasma mirror technology.
thanks

Plasma stealth is an exclusively Russian idea if I am right, I think even they have given up on it for their next generation aircraft. The PAK-FA will probably use similar ideas to the F22 to achieve stealth, (I am hoping it will look like the YF-23). There is also the possibility that they will make a low observability but not necessarily full stealth aircraft, while it would not be on a Raptor level it would allow them to get a good cheaper aircraft that would still be very capable but allow them to put it into service in large numbers. The Mig 29's need to be replaced for one and while the Su's are being upgraded this theoretical aircraft would allow them to replace some of them with something even more capable.
I know they want something to match the Raptor but with the price of oil down and the Russia economy not looking that brilliant it would be more realistic. They need more time to catch up on avionics technology anyway, Russian scientists are good but they lost a lot of expertise in the 90's and early 2000's.

Plasma stealth is an exclusively Russian idea if I am right, I think even they have given up on it for their next generation aircraft. The PAK-FA will probably use similar ideas to the F22 to achieve stealth, (I am hoping it will look like the YF-23). There is also the possibility that they will make a low observability but not necessarily full stealth aircraft, while it would not be on a Raptor level it would allow them to get a good cheaper aircraft that would still be very capable but allow them to put it into service in large numbers. The Mig 29's need to be replaced for one and while the Su's are being upgraded this theoretical aircraft would allow them to replace some of them with something even more capable.
I know they want something to match the Raptor but with the price of oil down and the Russia economy not looking that brilliant it would be more realistic. They need more time to catch up on avionics technology anyway, Russian scientists are good but they lost a lot of expertise in the 90's and early 2000's.

sir, i agree totally with your idea but about the pakfa and mig's 5 th gen fighter there is no shortage of funds,as india and brazil is pouring loads of money into it.also avoinics will be from israel which will be developed by india and israel jointly.
:cheers:

sir, i agree totally with your idea but about the pakfa and mig's 5 th gen fighter there is no shortage of funds,as india and brazil is pouring loads of money into it.also avoinics will be from israel which will be developed by india and israel jointly.

So there could be some input from what technology the Israelis get out of the JSF for the India version. Interesting.

So there could be some input from what technology the Israelis get out of the JSF for the India version. Interesting.

sir its going on for ages,everybody uses the backdoor policy,the russians use many american technology<without proper rights>,the chinese uses russian technology,the indians are smarter they want to make a russian plane with the help of israeli technology and brazilian money.

The service life of the engine and equipped with a digital control system, will reach 6000 hours, the thrust vector will deviate vertically by + / -15 degrees, and horizontally by + / -8 degrees.
Monocrystal of blade turbine engine will be covered with anti-corrosion system, a new generation of development Ural plant Prado, which significantly increase the lifetime of the engine. Regarding the development of electronic equipment and aircraft avionics export, Russia has every right to engage in their development of the Indian DRDO. India itself will develop the electronics with an open architecture and integrated EW. In addition, the Indian aircraft will be equipped with a digital fiber-optic system, as opposed to digital elektrodistantsionnoy SU T-50 aircraft. Such a system would be established jointly by the DRDO and the Brazilian company EMBRAER. Radars with AFAR will be developed with the French company THALES, Israel Aerospace Corporation, the Russian company «Fazotron», the Swedish Ericsson and the European defense association EADS. The cost of two FGFA currently estimated at 65 million U.S. dollars.

sir its going on for ages,everybody uses the backdoor policy,the russians use many american technology<without proper rights>,the chinese uses russian technology,the indians are smarter they want to make a russian plane with the help of israeli technology and brazilian money.

India is also spending its share and it is a joint effort where everybody is chipping in and everyone will profit out of it. Indian version will have 2 seater and Israeli and French electronics and radar systems.

the new missiles for pakfa

Russia's new-generation PAK FA fighter — being developed by the Sukhoi Design Bureau — will have not only feature a new airframe, radar, avionics and engines. It also will be equipped with new-generation weapons that are being evolved in two parallel paths: the continued modernization of existing missiles with stepped improvement of their capabilities; and the design of next-generation weapons.
GosMKB Vympel, Russia's leading air-to-air missile design bureau, is busy evolving a full spectrum of missiles for the PAK FA, ranging from short-range weapons to long-range variants. In 2010, Vympel expects to complete its development of the short-range Izdeliye 760 missile — which is a significantly modernized version of the R-73 weapon, outfitted with an inertial flight control system and course correction receiver, improved rocket engine and with new multi-mode infrared seeker. The Izdeliye 760 is expected to be a close counterpart to the Western-built ASRAAM and Sidewinder AIM-9X missiles.
Three years later, the new-generation K-MD short range missile (also to be designated the Izdeliye 300) is to be operational. When compared to Izdeliye 760, the new missile will have longer range and will be capable of being launched from any direction; it will be also more resistant to jamming. The K-MD will be fitted with a new imaging infrared seeker enabling identification of target according to memorized images. The seeker's lock-on range will be two times greater than the seeker for the Izdeliye 760 missile. A new adaptive warhead will be introduced, and the missile's control will be performed with aerodynamic surfaces, as well as a thrust-vector engine nozzle.
Russia's most modern medium-range air-to-air missile is the R-77 (Izdeliye 170) and its export derivative RVV-AE (Izdeliye 190). A phased modernization of this weapon, designated the K-77-1 (Izdeliye 170-1), is now being tested. In addition, the K-77M (Izdeliye 180) missile is currently under development as a second step in the R-77's modernization. The most visible change in the Izdeliye 180's external appearance compared to the R-77/RVV-AE is replacement of its latticework fins by more common flat aerodynamic control planes. This reduces aerodynamic drag and cuts down on the radar cross-section. The missile will be fitted with a modernized active radar seeker and new double pulse solid-propellant engine. Its maximum range will be 2-3.5 times more than the Izdeliye 170 (R-77) missile, depending on the launch altitude. The Izdeliye 180 is expected to be better than the AMRAAM AIM-120C7 missile, and equal to its successor versions, with a service-ready date targeted for 2010.
A future medium-range air-to-air missile as a follow-on to the Izdeliye 180 also is in development, but no additional information has yet to be released about this weapon.
Russia is the only country developing ultra-long range air-to-air missiles able of reach targets at distances of up to 400 km. Two such missiles are competing to be a basic weapon on the PAK FA fighter: the Izdeliye 172 (K-100) from Novator, and the Izdeliye 810 from Vympel.
All air-to-air weapons on the PAK FA (including the largest Izdeliye 172 missile) are designed to be carried in the aircraft's internal weapons bay. To allow these weapons to be deployed from the internal bay, Vympel is designing two types of ejection release units capable of carrying 300 kg and 700 kg loads
The PAK FA also is expected to carry its basic complement of air-to-ground weapons internally. These include the modernized Kh-58Ush long-range anti-radiation missile, the newly-developed Kh-36 short-range anti-radiation missile, the new short-range electro-optical Kh-38 missile, as well as the UAB-250 and KAB-500M guided bombs. Heavier weapon types will be carried on the aircraft's external pylons.
:agree:

according to VVS CINC PAK-FA project documentation transferred to plant-manufacturer.

Estimated Performance:
----------------------------------
Dimensions (m):
- wing 14,2; S=78,8 m2
- length 22
- height 6,05
Weight (kg):
- max 37000
- normal 26000
- empty 18500
Fuel (kg): 10300
Combat load (kg):
- max 7500
- AA max 2260 conformal
Speed (km/h):
- max 2100; M2,0;
- rate of climb 350 m/s
- min 0 OVT
- cruise 1300
Alt (m): 20000
Flight range (km): 4000/5500 (2x2000kg)
- supersonic 2500
Runway (m): 350 (w/o OVT)
G-force (g): 10-11
EPR: 0,05 m2
Wing overload (kg/m2):
- max 470
- normal 330
Thrust-to-weight ratio:
- max 0,84
- normal 1,19
Fuel rate: 2,55 kg/km
Flight time: 3,3 h

Engine: AL-41F
- thrust 2x15500/2x9800
- compressor: diameter 932mm, 3 steps
- weight 1350 kg
- pressure increase 4,2-4,5
- life time 4000 hours
- overhaul life 1500 hours
- nozzle:
weight: 380 kg
deviation angle +-16 deg in any direction, +-20 deg flat
deviation speed: 60 deg/sec

Electronics:
N050(?)BRLS AFAR/AESA
Freq: 3mm
Diameter: 0,7m
Targets: 32 (8)
Range: 400 km; EPR 3 m2: 160 km; azimut +-70 deg; 90/-50 deg
Power: 4000 Wt
Weight: 65-80 kg

Armament: ? 2x30mm gun
Hardpoints: ? 8 (conf.), 2*4

this is the official parameter ttransferred to the manufacturers. current pakfa production no is 3 sheduled to fly in 8/2009 <official report>

be3140c00bc0ca5a8cb1beb1d9bef775.jpg

the original mig prototype

the production will start as soon as mig enters the UAC and funds are made available.

be3140c00bc0ca5a8cb1beb1d9bef775.jpg

the original mig prototype

the production will start as soon as mig enters the UAC and funds are made available.

Is that the MFI? I thought that was cancelled? Does Russia have the funds to develop both this and the PAK-FA, let alone put them into production?

Is that the MFI? I thought that was cancelled? Does Russia have the funds to develop both this and the PAK-FA, let alone put them into production?

sir the russians like me are crazy we can stay without food but not without their fighters.russians just like their fighters< just kidding>

the economic condition is bad everywhere including but its certainly better than what the west thinks.mig had the flight trials of this aircraft long ago but they do not have funds,the cancellation of the algerial order cost mig to go into the red, moreover mig dosent have any significant orders other than the indian mig29 fulcrums for the navy,so they couldnot implement the plans.
moreover it lost the indian market to sukhoi recently.
recently the uac has being formed and russia plans to modernize its fleet considering the war situation that took place recently.so the russian goverment is pumping billions into the defence sector.

the sukhoi pakfa- is already on its way with major components ready and being tested 3 prototypes are being built with scheduled flight in aug 2009 .
money for the pakfa is not a worry as india is investing heavily and the contract is already signed.
for the mig project money was still a problemrecently, the goverment has ordered to replace the old mig in the airforce with a more modern lighter plane so mig got into action recently. still more money needs to be pumped to get the project going talks are scheduled with friendly countries to invest.
one adventage of the mig design is that it had already conducted flight trials so once the funds are ready its wont be long to integrate the rest.

mig is trying to get india s hal into the project with the mca<not mrca>project
but india having invested in pakfa and mrca tender its hard.
i think pakistan can help in this regard they can collaborate with mig and jointly develop a 5th gen fighter of world class capability china is not an option they are happy copying and improving the sukhois to meet their demands. its a golden oppurtinity for pakistan to get into the russian market.
thanx

Back
Top Bottom