What's new

Russia rejects MiG-29K for Kuznetsov

No upgrades yet. But they were overhauled in Ukraine.
See post #19 by mil-avia:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ig-29-ub-fighters-bangladesh-air-force-2.html

Ok.We had concerns in India as investigations had revealed that MiG-29 is structurally flawed in that it has a tendency to develop cracks due to corrosion in the tail fin. Russia has shared this finding with India, which emerged after the crash of a Russian Air Force MiG-29 in December 2008. A repair scheme and preventive measures were put in place and IAF has not encountered major problems concerning the issue since.

Was just wondering is Bangladesh took care of this issue. Must've done so during the overhaul in Ukraine.

LOL, every aircraft gets grounded in its life time, name one aircraft that has not been grouned, F-22 have been grounded for a whole year, and F-35 gets grounded almost every week so according to your retarded logic F-22 and F-35 are junks too right:rofl:

lolz i never seen f-16 fleet grounded completely .we use it since 1983 till date its active .never been grounded .:rofl:

now i can understand your pain lolz still junk will remain junk .now its not cold war era dude .world has better choices now in east and west thats why your junk stay in russia and you offer it free to every one.just look at tech of france EU USA and then look back red green blue painted junk .i think you forget with westren tech we kick A$$ of your air force in 80s? you lose 8 and pakistan 0 just because your pilots was flying on junk.what you expect from russian navy they have to buy from USA f-18 lolz they have no choice but to buy russian junk .

Ok Agree with you, now can you please come to topic??

now i can understand your pain lolz still junk will remain junk .now its not cold war era dude .world has better choices now in east and west thats why your junk stay in russia and you offer it free to every one.just look at tech of france EU USA and then look back red green blue painted junk .i think you forget with westren tech we kick A$$ of your air force in 80s? you lose 8 and pakistan 0 just because your pilots was flying on junk.what you expect from russian navy they have to buy from USA f-18 lolz they have no choice but to buy russian junk .

Russian jets have giving a bad image because of incompetent Arabs not because their is any thing wrong with. For example Mig-29 in the hands of East german pilots have beaten F-16 , F-15 many times in simulated combat, and USAF pilot have also admitted that Su-30mki is superior to F-16 and F-15.

i don't give a damn WH you are but its clear you just use insults abuses and flame because i disagree with you .all your posts which use abusing words are reported and you prove nothing but repeat again and again abuses .

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Hey, look its your super-duper F-16:rofl:

still more safe then any russian fighter .

i don't give a damn WH you are but its clear you just use insults abuses and flame because i disagree with you .all your posts which use abusing words are reported and you prove nothing but repeat again and again abuses .

First it you who started the insults, so you can go and report your self. Second if you can't take any criticism then stay out of subjects you have zero knowledge of.

still more safe then any russian fighter.

Nope wrong again

Su-30mki

A Su-30MKI aircraft crashed on 30 April 2009 in the Pokhran region of Rajasthan after it took off from Pune during its routine sortie, killing one of its two pilots. Defence minister A. K. Antony, stated that the likely cause of the 30 April crash was "failure of the fly-by-wire system". The Sukhoi fleet had then been grounded for around three weeks.[21] However it was found that this crash at Rajmathai village, around 170 km from Jaisalmer, in April was because of the position of the various critical switches of the aircraft. The switches were behind the pilots and they would have to turn them on and off without looking back. At one point, a wrong switch was turned on, leading to the crash on 30 April. Wing Commander PS Nara was killed in the mishap, while Wing Commander SV Munje was injured. After investigators identified the problem, a couple of difficult switches were sealed off.

Another Su-30MKI aircraft crashed on 30 November 2009 in Jathegaon, about 40 km from Jaisalmer. The pilots ejected after they saw fire alarm buttons glowing red.[21] Both the pilots are unharmed. This is second such crash of this fighter. The Sukhoi mishaps have come as a setback to the 12 year safety record IAF had achieved with the aircraft which was inducted into the force in 1997. As a result the entire fleet of Su-30MKIs was grounded while the cause of the problem was investigated. It was attributed to accidental ingestion of a foreign material in the engine intake.

your posts are personal attacks nothing more .let me tell you since 1994 we lose single f-16 in crash and in last 2 years india lose 2 su-30mki so? look at f-7 copy of mig-21 why they never fall apart? even mighty mig-19 copy A-5 fantan was in service since many years but only 2 crash in whole service life .then go back look mig-29 su-30 crash rate .

This is a B.S thread started by someone well known by his anti-Russian threads.

Like I my article I posted above proves that their is nothing wrong with Mig-29K, this is just about price that all.

someone can call your article B.S as well, there just different opinions, price is on issue but it also has to do with the fact that maybe the army does not satisfy the overall capacity of Mig-29K

this is not BS like your junk look at realty of this junk

Another MiG-29 Grounding
Attrition: Another MiG-29 Grounding

MiG-29 Still Grounded
Ú-Ãàçåòà - Ðîññèéñêèå èñòðåáèòåëè íà÷àëà èñòðåáëÿòü ñòàðîñòü

Russia grounded all MiG-29, Indian MiG-29K carrier-based aircraft orders

???????29 ???29K???????_??_???

Russian fighter force grounded after MiG29 crash
Russian fighter force grounded after MiG29 crash - Times Online

Navy for grounding MiG-29, IAF differs
Navy for grounding MiG-29, IAF differs - Hindustan Times

High command orders to ground all MiG-29, pilot died when jet crashed:Siberia.
High command orders to ground all MiG-29, pilot died when jet crashed:Siberia.

Russia Grounds MiG-29s after Fatal Crash
Russia Grounds MiG-29s after Fatal Crash | We Who Served

Its a standard practice for all countries. US grounded F-22 Raptor after crash. Planes are grounded till the reason of the crash is investigated and then they are cleared to fly again.

Similarly IAF had grounded Su-30MKI after its crash in 2009.

What the article is saying is that Russians feel that Su33 is superior to Mig29K

The Russian Navy has a fleet of 19 carrier-based fighters Su-33, a resource which will expire by 2015. Production of new Su-33s is possible but not cost-effective for small volumes. The MiG-29K is more convenient, as the Indian Navy had already ordered the aircraft, saving on development and production set-up. India paid $730 million for the development and delivery of 16 fighters, while 24 planes for Russia's fleet would cost about $1 billion.

Even Indian navy for that matter had sent RFI to Russia for Su33 apart from RFI for Sea Typhoon , Rafale M , Sea Gripen , F/A18 Super Hornet and F35
what that means is that even India is looking for a better Fighter for its NEXT GEN CARRIER navy than Mig29K , and they too consider Su33 upg to be better than Mig29K

Wrong again. After the initial 16 MiG-29K's the Indian Navy repeated the order with 29 more MiG-29K's which made 45 of them in total.

India was viewed as another potential operator of the Su-33. The Indian Navy planned to acquire the Su-33 for the its aircraft carrier, the INS Vikramaditya, the refurbished Soviet Admiral Gorshkov, which was sold to India in 2004. In the end, the rival MiG-29K was opted for, because of the Su-33's primitive avionics. The size of the Su-33 reported lead to concerns over the potential difficult in operating it off the Indian carriers, a constraint not shared by the MiG-29K.

GB

LOL, every aircraft gets grounded in its life time, name one aircraft that has not been grouned, F-22 have been grounded for a whole year, and F-35 gets grounded almost every week so according to your retarded logic F-22 and F-35 are junks too right:rofl:

the differances are F-22 and F-35 are the pioneer of 5th gen fighters so they are new, but mig-29 is a mature platform

the differances are F-22 and F-35 are the pioneer of 5th gen fighters so they are new, but mig-29 is a mature platform

MiG-29 is a mature platform where as MiG-29K is something new. Only couple of years old.

and there is a hell lot of difference between the two.

GB

Russian jets have giving a bad image because of incompetent Arabs not because their is any thing wrong with. For example Mig-29 in the hands of East german pilots have beaten F-16 , F-15 many times in simulated combat, and USAF pilot have also admitted that Su-30mki is superior to F-16 and F-15.

dont find pathetic excuses, also we witerness poor performance of Migs from Kosovor, central africa, north korea and your dear customer india...and simulated combat will always be simulated combats, at the end day real combat is the only way to tell.

MiG-29 is a mature platform where as MiG-29K is something new. Only couple of years old.

and there is a hell lot of difference between the two.

GB

ok any major changes in areodynamics? fly control system?``look at F-16 block60, F-18E/F and J-10B upgrades that all experienced major airframe changes yet none of them facing the problem Mig-29k faced and still facing...russia is living on Soviet's 'deposit' (not enough fund) as simple as that

ok any major changes in areodynamics? fly control system?``look at F-16 block60, F-18E/F and J-10B upgrades that all experienced major airframe changes yet none of them facing the problem Mig-29k faced and still facing...russia is living on Soviet's 'deposit' (not enough fund) as simple as that

Israeli Air Force F-16 (Arrow) was crashed in 2003 and all were grounded till further notice.

On 9th June 2011 F-16 of US air force was crashed and all the training flights/sorties were grounded till further notice.

In November 2007 US Airforce grounded F-15's till further notice post crash.

I can go on and on and on.

Mature or not, old or new its a standard practice to ground the fleet till investigation is complete and cause of crash is known.

GB

dont find pathetic excuses, also we witerness poor performance of Migs from Kosovor, central africa, north korea and your dear customer india...and simulated combat will always be simulated combats, at the end day real combat is the only way to tell.

No one finding any excuses its the truth.

Back
Top Bottom