What's new

Russia ready for war as Putin assumes presidency

Russia doesn't have the same influence or power the USSR had. Putin's pressing the wrong buttons by going head to head against the US on this one. Though I have to agree, my respect for Russians has certainly gone up:tup: thanks to Putin. I hope diplomacy can be exercised though. Iran is not an isolated little state like Saddam's Iraq or Taliban-Afghanistan. Any kind of conflict will certainly have devastating far-reaching effects.

Really ?

These days Russian Youth is more interested in doing DRUGS than fighting WARS. Where is Putin going to recruit soldiers ? The republics are gone.

Russia is not the USSR, yes for sure. But they are certainly back on the rebound. The gloomy 90's are gone, they have strong leadership, a growing economy, and their importance is rising again for sure.

There is one thing you have know about Russians mate. Those who underestimated them always signed their own death warrants in the process. Napoleon, Hitler, need I say more? :azn:

The Russians won't risk a war with US for Iran - They will eventually sell out Iran to the dogs for some benefits ( Missile Shield etc..)

I think Russia will ultimately sell off Iran, she will not intervened if Iran is being invaded.

The Russians won't risk a war with US for Iran - They will eventually sell out Iran to the dogs for some benefits ( Missile Shield etc..)
How is Russia 'selling of' Iran. When did Russia 'buy off' Iran. Did Russia make them Irani's start their nuclear programme and support terrorists against Israel.

Hi, this article is a part of paid subscription of DEBKAfile, which I have. Normal users don't have access to it. I'm posting it here because it may be interesting as it is related to Iran.

Putin Assumes Presidency as Russian Forces Go on War Alert

Vladimir Putin will be re-anointed President of Russia at a ceremonial handover of office in the Kremlin Monday, May 7, He will take over from Dmitry Medvedev who moves down to the post of prime minister.

As president, Medvedev enjoyed a measure of freedom from the restraints of the powerful Putin and during his tenure there was an easing in the climate of Russian relations with the United States. This contrasted sharply with the frictions with Washington and enhanced Russo-Iranian dialogue in 2007-2008 which marked Putin’s two stints as president.

Still, although Prime Minister Putin insisted that foreign policy was the province of the president, there was always the sense that the former and future president lurked powerfully behind the Medvedev presidency.

Another view on the arcane power structure in the Kremlin holds that neither Putin nor Medvedev are omnipotent, certainly not on loaded issues like Iran’s nuclear program and the turbulence in Syria, for which decision-making is attended by a team of diplomats and intelligence figures.
Prominent in this team are the influential presidential aide Sergei Prikhodko, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, Foreign Intelligence Chief Mikhail Fradkov, and others.

But while the West is trying to second guess Russia’s future policy for Iran and Syria, Moscow and the Russian military appear to be collecting themselves for a clash of arms in the Persian Gulf in aniticipation of the US and Israel launching an offensive on Iran with GCC ground, naval and air forces and air forces taking part.

Russia upgrades military alerts for US-Israel strike on Iran

Moscow fears this eruption of hostilities will have a knock-on effect on Russia’s national security. And so its military units in the Caucasus have been upgraded and the Caspian Sea fleet of missile cruisers anchored off the coast of Dagestan placed on the ready. The Russian base in Armenia, its only facility in the South Caucasus, is also on alert.

In a commentary published in April, Gen. Leonid Ivashov, President of the Academy of Geopolitical Science, wrote, “A war against Iran would be a war against Russia.” He called for a “political-diplomatic alliance” to be forged with China and India. Operations were underway throughout the Middle East to destabilize the region and “proceed against China, Russia and Europe.”

The war against Iran, Ivashov wrote, would “end up at our borders, destabilize the situation in the North Caucasus and weaken our position in the Caspian region.”

DEBKA-Net-Weekly’s military sources report that, opposite US military concentrations on the Yemeni island of Socotra and Masirah Island off Oman, the Russians are engaged in their own military buildup for war at their 102nd Military Base in Gyumri, Armenia, where two divisions of the Russian Special Forces-Spetsnaz are stationed. This base is a component of the Russian Transcaucasian Group of Forces.

Russian forces geared for intervention

Gyumri is the capital and largest city of the Shirak Province in northwest Armenia. It is located about 120 km from Yerevan. Of critical concern for Moscow is the effect on the South Caucasus of a war against Iran. Armenia, the Kremlin’s only ally in this region, has close economic links with Iran, whereas neighboring Georgia and Azerbaijan maintain military and economic ties with the United States and Israel.

Most of all, Moscow fears Azerbaijan, which shares borders with Iran, Russia, Armenia and the Caspian Sea, may line up with Israel and the United States for the war against Iran. Since the mid-1990s, this republic has been an important American military and economic ally in the South Caucasus, hosting several US military bases.

Putin is therefore assuming the presidency with a Russian military already geared up for possible military intervention in the Caspian Sea, Black Sea and Caucasus regions – just in case he decides that a US-Israeli attack on Iran imperils Moscow’s interests in the area.

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

these reumors are in the news from many days

A Better question is.... 'S=19', you PAID for THAT ?! WOW !!! Send me some money and I'll make up some goofy stuff for you to post.:bunny:

S=mc2 :P :tongue: :lol:

How is Russia 'selling of' Iran. When did Russia 'buy off' Iran. Did Russia make them Irani's start their nuclear programme and support terrorists against Israel.

terrorists against Israel !!! terrorists against terrorists ???

some western news stations would have a big day with this article they would say russian monsters want to invade europe and the us and they want a world war just like in the boring amircan movies but the facts are
1 in the cuban missiles crisis it was the sovit union who wanted peace the amircan cowboy wanted a nuclear war
2 the us invaded alot of countrys and occupayed while russia started one war gorgia and that becouse us and isreal were arming them to threat russia
3 how many bases does the us have around the world and how many does russia have

Wake up...:coffee:

Russian_economy_since_fall_of_Soviet_Union.PNG

well he really deep in heart wanted and Prayed another Yeltsin for Russia

Putin is the BEST THING to happen to the U.S. as far as Russia is concerned. As long as he is dictator, Russia will remain the underachieving, corrupt joke it is now. Putin is an ANCHOR around the neck of Russia. LONG LIVE PUTIN !!!:usflag:

Yes,that's why U.S scared to his butt of him being elected.That's why U.S did everything to show Putin the 'bad guy'.
Whatever he is,Putin is the worst thing that can happen for U.S.

^^^Our stomachs will roast in hell! A quote from the last regime that fought you, for what, 8years? How many did you lose for no advances?
Weren't you supporting Iraq with your equipment and forces?Weren't those damn Arabs supporting Iraq with their money?Didn't you sanction us in such a time that we couldn't even build a toy gun?So you see it is too much different now.

I think Pakistan should develop much better relations with the Russians and other ex-Soviet states as they are not against Pakistan at all.

Back
Top Bottom