What's new

Russia, Pakistan Discuss Joint Naval Drills Expected This Week

somnath

Reaction score
Country
India
MOSCOW, April 21 (RIA Novosti) – Russian and Pakistani naval representatives have discussed the possibility of joint exercises, which could be held as early as this week, a Russian military spokesman told RIA Novosti Monday.

A detachment of Russia’s Pacific Fleet called at the port of Karachi on Saturday, including the Udaloy-class destroyer Marshal Shaposhnikov.

"Representatives of the official delegation of the Pacific Fleet visited the training centers of the Pakistani Navy and participated in a meeting on possible joint drills such as PASSEX," Cpt. 1st Rank Roman Martov said, adding that if approved, the drills would be held at the conclusion of the detachment’s visit to Pakistan later this week.

The Russian and Pakistani officers also held a roundtable during which they discussed the problem of piracy in the region. The Russian mariners shared their many years of experience in combating piracy in waters near the Horn of Africa.

The five-day visit to Karachi of the Pacific Fleet detachment was the first such visit in the history of relations between the Pakistani and Russian navies, Martov said.

Russia, Pakistan Discuss Joint Naval Drills Expected This Week | Defense | RIA Novosti

If you ask me then I would say that it is a good move for better relations between both countries. USA has joint exercises with India so why not we with Russia? It will also help to create better relations with Russia.

After everything Pakistan pays for after USA war on terror, Russia seems to be getting close to Pakistan. We should increase trade between both countries. But we should not repeat the same mistake as we did in the past.

First time in the history of two nations? It just shows we have not been doing the right thing in ignoring Russia, which is a big power in the region.

In recent past turkey,china,japan,russia and now uae ships visited pakistan.this is really a big move in the region.

Russia .. Dnt trust em .. Unless India does something really stupid to piss off Russia .. I Dnt see any defence co-op with Russia .. Apart from tht it's better to have relations with every country .. Instead of playing ally n shit..

P.S:Personally I don't like Russia nor trust em ..

Russia, Pakistan Discuss Joint Naval Drills Expected This Week

Russian and Pakistani naval representatives have discussed the possibility of joint exercises, which could be held as early as this week, a Russian military spokesman told RIA Novosti Monday.

Pakistan-and-Russia.jpg

A detachment of Russia’s Pacific Fleet called at the port of Karachi on Saturday, including the Udaloy-class destroyer Marshal Shaposhnikov.
“Representatives of the official delegation of the Pacific Fleet visited the training centers of the Pakistani Navy and participated in a meeting on possible joint drills such as PASSEX,” Cpt. 1st Rank Roman Martov said, adding that if approved, the drills would be held at the conclusion of the detachment’s visit to Pakistan later this week.
The Russian and Pakistani officers also held a roundtable during which they discussed the problem of piracy in the region. The Russian mariners shared their many years of experience in combating piracy in waters near the Horn of Africa.
The five-day visit to Karachi of the Pacific Fleet detachment was the first such visit in the history of relations between the Pakistani and Russian navies, Martov said.

Russia, Pakistan Discuss Joint Naval Drills Expected This Week | PAKISTAN DEFENCE NEWS BLOG | Pakarmedforces.com

last year when i joined in PDF, i said many times that there is strong possibility of future alliance among China, Russia, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India. just after 1 year, it seems legit of my prediction :coffee:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, i say if these things better, ditch America and go with Russia

It's not a wise option. Why to ditch one country at the cost of other, should have learnt lessons from history therefore must establish good relations with both countries.

Back
Top Bottom