What's new

Russia Offers India Participation In GLONASS GPS Satellite Project

Indian participation as in forking out buckets of $$$?

In return Russia will slap on an Indian flag sticker and provide token sharing of the satelites/signal.

In participating with Russia, India will always be the junior partner and subject to Russian whims and demands.
You should increase your post count per day. Many people will have good health because of you after all "Laughter is a good medicine".

Talk sense or refrain from posting.

we dont need soviet crap gps system. irnss-1 and irnss-2 are already integerated and ready in isro, only waiting for launch. why should we pay extra loll when we are having our own. ruskies keep ur offer.

we dont need soviet crap gps system. irnss-1 and irnss-2 are already integerated and ready in isro, only waiting for launch. why should we pay extra loll when we are having our own. ruskies keep ur offer.

Soviet Krap?
yuor comment is even more Krap

This attitude has already cost us so much. LCA, ring a bell.

Soviets are best in what they do. try to be part of them and learn rather than re-inventing the wheel. Even US is now dependent on Russians for manned space missions and you think GLONASS is crap which is supposed to be most important part of their defensive and offensive strategy.

I think a agreement should be made... Indian IRNSS satellites must be combined with GLONASS system.. It will save time and cost on both sides... Russia using IRNSS and India using GLONASS satellites... We will have full Co-Op in this case !! :)
GLONASS is an effective system and IRNSS is premature . Integration involves high costs and i think it is impossible because of political reasons . The better way would be we joining GLONASS system directly . :lol: Do you think Russia needs technical help from our side ? :lol:

This attitude has already cost us so much. LCA, ring a bell.

Soviets are best in what they do. try to be part of them and learn rather than re-inventing the wheel. Even US is now dependent on Russians for manned space missions and you think GLONASS is crap which is supposed to be most important part of their defensive and offensive strategy.

dude building a gps is not as complex as building a fighter jet. both the irnss-1 and irnss-2 are in isro, the software and the ground hardare and mission control is ready. Lauch date is approaching soon. the only reason i can see is that glonass will give us worldwide coverage, nothing else. but them russians should fix it themselves.... rather than spending money on glonass we can expand ours to bigger part of world.

We can have IRRS to target Pakistan and China and spy IO . Mean while we should take advantage of GLONASS that would be much better .

A positioning satellite is simpler than a spy satellite..its basically an atomic clock + transceivers hurtling in space at MEO..
But a spy satellite is different,more complicated and at LEO..
So IRNSS cannot be used for spying...sorry.

Soviet Krap?
yuor comment is even more Krap

sorry man dont want an advice from pakistanis. i saw ur comments on this thread, how do u feel when india will have its own gps??? i know its like pain in the ***, ehhh too bad for u.

A positioning satellite is simpler than a spy satellite..its basically an atomic clock + transceivers hurtling in space at MEO..

one question, since u seem experienced. can it be used to locate incoming missiles and threats?

Spying necessarily doesnt mean using camera :P I am not supposed to leak few methods but all i can say is mobile phones can be hacked and can be spied . It has to do with similar systems and in other way spy sats can be interlinked with IRNSS that give coordinates of enemy all the time in ocean . IRNSS is an indirect spy , just like US fighters , missiles and many secret systems use GPS .

Spying necessarily doesnt mean using camera :P I am not supposed to leak few methods but all i can say is mobile phones can be hacked and can be spied . It has to do with similar systems and in other way spy sats can be interlinked with IRNSS that give coordinates of enemy all the time in ocean . IRNSS is an indirect spy , just like US fighters , missiles and many secret systems use GPS .

you may leak a few buddy..
Lets see what classified top secret info you got ;)

As another member pointed out...The IRNSS may be used for upcoming drones,and they can be used for spying..

But then again same and more can be done with GLONASS...with the added bonus of GLONASS guidance already integrated in existing Indian weaponry ..integrating A totally new guidance system even if its India's own...will cost a lot.

you may leak a few buddy..
Lets see what classified top secret info you got ;)

As another member pointed out...The IRNSS may be used for upcoming drones,and they can be used for spying..

But then again same and more can be done with GLONASS...with the added bonus of GLONASS guidance already integrated in existing Indian weaponry ..integrating A totally new guidance system even if its India's own...will cost a lot.
no pm till 10,000 posts ...
Well i knew existence of secret anti tank missile , range of brahmos , location info on 2 nuclear bunkers , mki real capability despite its huge rcs , secret navy docs , mirage info ... and many ... that are not available to normal citizens ... Yes it will cost . You know how was US-Pak friendship once . But now ? Self reliance is the ultimate thing which every one aim :tup:

Takes it ,learn from it ,master it ..try to better it ..its a win win situation .

IRNSS & GLONASS are two totally different ball game, IRNSS is a constellation of 7 satellites just for the coverage of entire south Asian region & parts of Tibet, whereas GLONASS with it's 24 satellites give coverage of entire world, It is the second best system of GPS in the world after US. But yes we should extensively work on IRNSS, initially for 7 sats only & than it can slowly be increased to give a global coverage.[/QUOTE]

i know it , but what u r talking is just phase-1 , in phase-2 it will have wprldwide coverage

Back
Top Bottom