What's new

Russia objects to Indian notes ban, threatens ‘counter steps’

Sully3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Russia has threatened to take “counter steps” and lodge a diplomatic protest over the Indian government move to ban big currency notes, which they say has hit their embassy’s operations in Delhi, Russian government sources have told an Indian TV channel.

Sources said that Ambassador Alexander Kadakin is waiting for a reply to his letter written to the Ministry of External Affairs on December 2. Moscow, say sources, may summon the Indian envoy this week and lodge a strong protest over the Rs. 50,000 withdrawal limit imposed by the Reserve Bank of India on their spending.

In his letter to the Ministry of External Affairs, Kadakin has said the spending limit set by the government is “totally inadequate for operational expenses”. “How can such a big embassy in Delhi function without cash?” asked the envoy.

Russian government sources have described the curbs as “a violation of international charters”.

The Foreign Ministry has not officially commented yet but sources said that they are waiting for the recommendations of an inter-ministerial task force that was set up to look into the problems being faced by embassies and NRIs.

http://nation.com.pk/international/...s-to-indian-notes-ban-threatens-counter-steps

its fair to say all is not well between the one time good friends.

: the actual words were.....

“Please just imagine if we in Moscow mirror this order of SBI (State Bank of India) when 50,000 roubles will not be enough to pay for a decent dinner in a restaurant, not to mention functioning of such a big embassy as ours in New Delhi or India’s in Moscow.”

the media twist it to give a different color...

Last edited:
It's winters now & vodka is expensive in Delhi lol we should give some concession to Russian embassy. Genuine problem hai bhai [emoji23]

diplomat can't use plastic money?
Its their money. Who are you to tell them how to use it.

Govt. Is your mai baap. You are slave not them. They are not here to be a regular indian centuries old slave mantility bhakt.

Intolrence stupidity slave mantility illogicity criminality everything is rising.

Its their money. Who are you to tell them how to use it.

Govt. Is your mai baap. You are slave not them. They are not here to be a regular indian centuries old slave mantility bhakt.

Intolrence stupidity slave mantility illogicity criminality everything is rising.

Your bakhts are used to replying to everything keeping Pakistan in mind .............. they went gaga when Pakistan High Commission said the same thing few days ago. The wisdom is rising in your part of the region.

Your bakhts are used to replying to everything keeping Pakistan in mind .............. they went gaga when Pakistan High Commission said the same thing few days ago. The wisdom is rising in your part of the region.
What are you ranting anout. Talk some sense.

Haan toh?

What is your point. Who are you to keep a tab on how they should get their salary.
Indian are slave to govt. They are not indian they didnt el3ct.

Either country should block all nri tourist traveller and embassies. Or give them freedom of their own money.

Nothing. If you could see my flags I am not an indian ........ and I may be saying the same thing that you said. Don't let your domestic problems harm outsiders.

Nothing. If you could see my flags I am not an indian ........ and I may be saying the same thing that you said. Don't let your domestic problems harm outsiders.
Oh i am on mobile.

I agree to you then. Problem is i am frustrated with people now a days. And their gimmick statement use card use mobile use net bank use rtgs.
I say Use your plastic on my arse to wipe your card. To hell with you.
Its not easy. I work hard to earn in this slowing economy and then i cant us3 money. Wtf

Oh i am on mobile.

I agree to you then. Problem is i am frustrated with people now a days. And their gimmick statement use card use mobile use net bank use rtgs.
I say Use your plastic on my arse to wipe your card. To hell with you.
Its not easy. I work hard to earn in this slowing economy and then i cant us3 money. Wtf

I don't know about India but most people in Pakistan don't have bank accounts, forget mobile banking or net banking. Such steps should have been taken with a parallel option available for innocent citizens so they don't suffer. This looks like a decision taken in haste without considering all the cons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom