What's new

Russia links S-400 ADS sale to the fledgling PAK-FA deal.

This deal exposed Indian pathetic indigenous military abilities and once again, exposed the flaw of deeply rely on foreign weapon procurement.

Source: Russia links S-400 ADS sale to the fledgling PAK-FA deal. | Page 5
The missiles they are going will be ABM capable and new. The israelis are providing the radar, the russians the 2 types of missiles with various seekers.
The Indian RnD runs separately but open architecture meaning, Indians will eventually use their own.
I also suspect limited Anti stealth capability.
Its a generation ahead of the current S-400 system.

PAK FA development is going to continue with or with out India, anyone thinking otherwise is a clueless idiot.

Source: Russia links S-400 ADS sale to the fledgling PAK-FA deal. | Page 5
I know. A lot people don't know what Pak-Fa is. I only wish they fix the engine,stealth issue. I suspect they bought the B-2 engine stealth data.

The missiles they are going will be ABM capable and new. The israelis are providing the radar, the russians the 2 types of missiles with various seekers.
The Indian RnD runs separately but open architecture meaning, Indians will eventually use their own.
I also suspect limited Anti stealth capability.
Its a generation ahead of the current S-400 system.

I know. A lot people don't know what Pak-Fa is. I only wish they fix the engine,stealth issue. I suspect they bought the B-2 engine stealth data.
India should get Ultra/Terra radar, one scary beast
41534.jpg

Last edited:
That I have no doubt about- But the feet dragging by RuAF in orders- make me skeptical that It might follow the path of Su-30/37/35-

What some people here don't understand is that all our Mig-29 and Su-27 are going to need replacing in 2020s, Mig-35s and Su-35s are simply not going to make the cut anymore in a time period when the US will have hundreds of F-35s and fully pressing ahead with their 6th gen program, PAK FA is simply not ready yet, head of the VVS himself said couple of weeks ago, once Sukhoi is finished with its development, VVS will buy PAK FA as fast Sukhoi can roll them out of the production line, the only reason why we are trying to get India aboard is to reduce the cost for us, because franky speaking their is nothing India can offer us technology wise.

What some people here don't understand is that all our Mig-29 and Su-27 are going to need replacing in 2020s, Mig-35s and Su-35s are simply not going to make the cut anymore in a time period when the US will have hundreds of F-35s and fully pressing ahead with their 6th gen program, PAK FA is simply not ready yet, head of the VVS himself said couple of weeks ago, once Sukhoi is finished with its development, VVS will buy PAK FA as fast Sukhoi can roll them out of the production line, the only reason why we are trying to get India aboard is to reduce the cost for us, because franky speaking their is nothing India can offer us technology wise.

Briefly ...Russia need India only for Money....You want India to invest $25 billion in this project....Let me know what you would done if you have been to India's position...???...Please answer honestly if you can.

Briefly ...Russia need India only for Money....You want India to invest $25 billion in this project....Let me know what you would done if you have been to India's position...???...Please answer honestly if you can.
Russia is the seller. India is the buyer. If both sides cannot agree on the deal, then no deal. I just failed to see any big deal in this.

Well starters I would tone down my demands for one, the main problem here is India wants to get full technology transfer so they can go ahead with their own 5th gen program, and were not ready to shoot ourselfs in the foot in the long run for a few billion in the short term.

Well starters I would tone down my demands for one, the main problem here is India wants to get full technology transfer so they can go ahead with their own 5th gen program, and were not ready to shoot ourselfs in the foot in the long run for a few billion in the short term.

Any Source, which indicates that India is asking for PAK FA technology, that could be used in its 5th Generation fighter plane AMCA.

1. Engine tech -- So why didn't India asked Russian help in its Kaveri in its first place and never choose Russian engine over US F414.
2. Aircraft Design -- It is been designed by ADA, and AMCA is the ADA project, not the HAL and FGFA would be the JV of HAL and Sukhoi. Which Indian organisation is dying for the Russian PAK FA tech. could you name some, let me guess

1. DARE -- Are they asking for the Russian EW Suite, OLS-35, RWR, Littering Pod, MAWS, navigation system, communication sat com.
2. LRDE -- Are they dying to get the Radar tech from Russia, heck they should have dumped Israel, and BEL and should have begged Zhuk to give them Radar Tech. Or they dying to get the Gan based T/R module or the Radar computer or its algorithm from Russia.
3. ADA --- Are they dying to get Control law, FBW, landing gear, accutators, fuel pumps from Russia
4. TAML/TATA/DRDO --- Are they dying to get state of the art LO RCS composites or the Titatium alloy composition from Russia.

Both FGFA and AMCA are two different Project of two different organisation HAL and ADA/DRDO and different role in IAF i.e Airsuperiority and DPSA respectively and their is no link between them, nor India have ever asked any tech for its own indigenous 5th Gen fighter plane project AMCA.

So tell me Frankly what would be status of

1. Su 30SM if India wouldn't have gone for 250+ Su 30MKI
2. Mig 29K
3. Admiral Gorshkov Carrier if India haven't buyed it
4. T-90
5. And PAK FA if India dumped FGFA.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @Ankit Kumar Brother some people are happy and some people sad and starts specullating things. If I categorize them

1. People who think Russia is blackmailing India, and now S-400 is linked with FGFA.
2. People who think Russia have dumped the whole export of S-400 and FGFA.
3. People who think both S-400 and FGFA are coming to India.

I am interested in category 2. So i will devide into two group
a. People who want India to buy Israeli Arrow, or US THAAD, and F-35.
b. People who want India to develop both indigenously.
c. People who are happy because they feared both S-400 and FGFA

Everything is Speculated, and everyone is making theories from the news.

Last edited:
It's difficult to compare S400 with the known S300 and now Russia will have S500 so I think the S400 is not the perfect defense system.

This is a post I agree to.

Are you trying to give me this link to show ADA is asking for the assistant in AMCA, then before posting have you read the matter first. For AMCA, thrust vectoring have been planned, and one russina OEM have proposed India, to provide thust vectoring nozzle for any engine in IAF. For F-414 epe which have been planned for AMCA, ADA are trying to explore various posibilities i.e Russian KLINIK, European Ej2000 TVC, and GE, and who told you modifying US engine is so easy without the GE permission, and the most likely it will be GE, who already have such plan.

It's difficult to compare S400 with the known S300 and now Russia will have S500 so I think the S400 is not the perfect defense system.

India is having its Nirbhay system.

And India is working to place Ballistic missiles interceptors.

Are you trying to give me this link to show ADA is asking for the assistant in AMCA, then before posting have you read the matter first. For AMCA, thrust vectoring have been planned, and one russina OEM have proposed India, to provide thust vectoring nozzle for any engine in IAF. For F-414 epe which have been planned for AMCA, ADA are trying to explore various posibilities i.e Russian KLINIK, European Ej2000 TVC, and GE, and who told you modifying US engine is so easy without the GE permission, and the most likely it will be GE, who already have such plan.

All talk and speculation from you .

All talk and speculation from you .

Why are you so confused. F414 INS engine will get TVC for MK2. The same engine is proposed for AMCA, and GE had AVIN project for the TVC in the past, and have proposed for the development of 3D TVC.

And what do you find speculation from me. Pls be specific.

Back
Top Bottom