What's new

Russia lifts embargo on weapons supplies to Pakistan

This is great new in a while, Mi 35 is good but now that our defence relations with Russia are on the rise Pakistan should negotiate for Mi 28N.

Pakistan needs gunships, no doubt about it.

The Vietnam era Cobras were retired by US. They were regenerated and handed over to Pakistan. Report I have read about them are not favorable. They need a lot of maintenance and parts supply is limited. They are very noisy too as the rotor has only two blades.

Mi-35 is an old technology helicopter. Pakistan Army should be looking for Mi-28 instead. It needs a dedicated gunship, not a combination of transport and attack helicopter.

This truly is a very good news & Pak Defence needs Transport & attack helicopters, I truly hope MI 28 Havoc is also on the table as Pakistan Defence desperately needs a heavy weight attack helicopter.

Hopefully we will see some real good defence deals in coming days.

Russia Lifts Embargo on Weapons Sales to Pakistan
  • The Moscow Times
  • Jun. 02 2014 17:47
  • Last edited 17:47
Mi-35s_helicopters.jpg

USAF / WikicommonsRussia is negotiating the sale of a number of Mi-35 attack helicopters to Pakistan.
Russia has lifted an embargo on weapons deliveries to Pakistan and is negotiating the sale of a number of Mi-35 attack helicopters to Islamabad, Sergei Chemezov, head of state-owned technology corporation Rostec, told Itar-Tass on Monday.

The potential delivery of weapons and military hardware to Pakistan from Moscow could create tension between Russia and India, which has a long-standing rivalry with neighboring Pakistan. Historically, Russia has sold more weaponry to India — Russia delivered just 70 Mi-17 transport helicopters to Pakistan from 1996 to 2010.

In 2012, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the defense industry, seemingly took offense to Indian journalists asking him whether Moscow could supply Pakistan with weapons in future.

Russia "always cooperates with India to ensure safety in the region. We have never created problems for India, unlike other countries. If someone says differently, spit in their face," Rogozin said, Vedomosti reported.

Boris Volkhonsky, head of the Asian sector of the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies, said Monday that although India has always tended to react badly to the idea of arms being supplied to Pakistan, he doesn't expect collaboration between Moscow and Islamabad to cause problems.

"I do not think that India will have any objections. After all, India and Pakistan both buy weapons from the U.S., and this has not bothered them," Volkhonsky told RIA Novosti.
Russia Lifts Embargo on Weapons Sales to Pakistan | Business | The Moscow Times

Russia may supply ‘night hunter’ to Pakistan
Chemezov points out negotiation on Mi-35 helicopters

russia-may-supply-night-hunter-to-pakistan-1401711808-3549.jpg

MOSCOW – Russia has lifted an embargo on sales of weapons and military hardware to Pakistan and is planning to supply Islamabad with attack helicopters, said Sergei Chemezov, the chief executive officer of the Rostec, the state defence corporation of the country.

“Such a decision was made. We are negotiating the sales of Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan,” Chemezov said on Monday. A source with the Foreign Affairs Ministry in Islamabad told RIA Novosti news service that there had never been an embargo on Russian sales to Pakistan in the first place.

It was rather that cooperation between Islamabad and Moscow was limited due to Russia’s intensive trade with India. Russia has been supplying its Mi-8 helicopters to Iran, among others. In 2012, the two countries struck a deal worth $4.3 billion for the export modification of Russia's nigh-time strike chopper Mig-28N, dubbed night hunter and for Mi-35 attack helicopters, a total of 40 aircraft.

Russia may supply ‘night hunter’ to Pakistan

Can some body explain the difference between MI-25 and MI 35 according to wikki they are pretty much the same and by the way Indians on their forums are taking it as stab on the back

Mi 28 & MI 35 is what Pakistan defence should go for & transport Helicopter is what Pak Defence needs.

Hope to see some real good defence deals with Russia.

Any news on Airforce?

Last edited:
Wk2YBol.jpg

Russia scraps arms trade embargo on Pakistan
Russia scraps arms trade embargo on Pakistan

June 02, 2014, 4:39 pm

hr.png

iPXplYo.jpg

MOSCOW- Russia has lifted an embargo on sales of weapons and military hardware to Pakistan and is planning to supply Islamabad with attack helicopters, the head of Russia's state defense corporation Rostec said today.
"Such a decision was made. We are negotiating the sales of Mi-35 helicopters to the country," Rostec CEO Sergei Chemezov said. A source with the Pakistani Foreign Ministry told RIA Novosti there had never been an embargo on Russian sales to Pakistan in the first place.
It was rather that cooperation between Moscow and Islamabad was limited due to Russia's intensive trade with India, Pakistan's long-term rival in the region.
Russia has been supplying its Mi-8 helicopters to Iran, among others. In 2012, the two countries struck a deal worth $4.3 billion for the export modification of Russia's nigh-time strike chopper Mig Mi-28N, dubbed "Night Hunter" and for Mi-35 attack helicopters, a total of 40 aircraft.

I would like to use the Mig 21 example on those who are dismissing Hinds for being designed during the cold war era. there are so many examples of weapons, equipment and the vehicles that are based on the classical design and they are just working fine.

Now addressing all the respectful elite Defence Analysts and defence equipment procurement planners

guys do you know how old Cobra's are? they date back to Vietnam war. and what about Mig 21? on which our F-7 s are based...

Oh Daaaa.. but our cobras and F-7s are armed and equipped with photon torpedo and automatic ice cream makers.. ... why are you so stupid to compare our space age cockroach killers with Russian "junk"?

well geniuses... these Hinds also come with a mix of some old but proven and deadly weapons and new engines, navigation systems and ball busting fear factor and fire power that one can dream of. our Cobras are over used to exhaustion and our Huey's are having to cover for them..

these Hinds will not only make love to the innocent taliban but will also carry evil SSG troops that will put Jihad on the arses of those who will miss the Hind love

on serious note, the Pakistan army considers Indian Hinds a major threat while moving or in defensive positions and every soldier and every officer is briefed and trained and briefed and reminded with charts and books and classes and lectures on how to avoid its wrong side and how to defend against its attack and how to target and take it out without loosing life in the process.

Last edited:
Can some body explain the difference between MI-25 and MI 35 according to wikki they are pretty much the same and by the way Indians on their forums are taking it as stab on the back
So much for the mythical "Indian influence" on russia.
And wow they can buy Eurocopter instead of Kamov Ka52, They can choose Rafale over Mig35.
And if Pak Buy from Russia its back stabbing. :)

I would like to use the Mig 21 example on those who are dismissing Hinds for being designed during the cold war era. there are so many examples of weapons, equipment and the vehicles that are based on the classical design and they are just working fine.

Now addressing all the respectful elite Defence Analysts and defence equipment procurement planners

guys do you know how old Cobra's are? they date back to Vietnam war. and what about Mig 21? on which our F-7 s are based...

Oh Daaaa.. but our cobras and F-7s are armed and equipped with photon torpedo and automatic ice cream makers.. ... why are you so stupid to compare our space age cockroach killers with Russian "junk"?

well geniuses... these Hinds also come with a mix of some old but proven and deadly weapons and new engines, navigation systems and ball busting fear factor and fire power that one can dream of. our Cobras are over used to exhaustion and our Huey's are having to cover for them..

these Hinds will not only make love to the innocent taliban but will also carry evil SSG troops that will put Jihad on the arses of those who will miss the Hind love

on serious note, the Pakistan army considers Indian Hinds a major threat while moving or in defensive positions and every soldier and every officer is briefed and trained and briefed and reminded with charts and books and classes and lectures on how to avoid its wrong side and how to defend against its attack and how to target and take it out without loosing life in the process.
Well what you think How many helicopters we may order ?

Cobra using wire guided, nothing top of line fire and forget , so can easily induct in Russia attack helo. Cobra has completed its life. In 2014 Pakistan army need huge number of gunship to secure Pak-Afghan border. So, Russian helo will be seen soon in Pak army.

Well what you think How many helicopters we may order ?
Mister
we should order at least 25 helicopters
I dont care about the looks.. and on the equipment side I would really like to have military grade (meaning very powerful) night vision equipment to track the enemy movement Sir.

sir I am telling you that Augusta based Turkish helicopter is an expensive and useless toy against insurgency and the Chinese Z-10 is unproven .... thing. I dont want to be rude to Chinese Mister.

Sir if it was up to me I would have used Napalm and pesticides to deal with Taliban so no need for cool looking helicopters Mister. 25 are enough mister

Mister
I dont care about the looks.. and on the equipment side I would really like to have military grade (meaning very powerful) night vision equipment to track the enemy movement Sir.

sir I am telling you that Augusta based Turkish helicopter is an expensive and useless toy against insurgency and the Chinese Z-10 is unproven .... thing. I dont want to be rude to Chinese Mister.

Sir if it was up to me I would have used Napalm and pesticides to deal with Taliban so no need for cool looking helicopters Mister. 25 are enough mister
and also explain the difference between MI-25 and MI-35 and I think we should order 36

Pakistan army aviation has Russian helicopter maintenance setup for decades and that Biggest Plus.

Amazing reply to Mister. Loved Napalm bit! :D

Mister

Wannabe Talib, eat lead!

wanna be white boy watch your mouth. Jihad is not a evil thing that you can use in derogatory remarks.

Back
Top Bottom