What's new

Russia, India sign contract to supply S-400 missile defense system – senior official

This has to be one of the quickest deals in Indian procurement history, if indeed it has indeed been signed. From planning to signing stage in less than a year.
There have been quicker than these too, Kornet, Konkurs, and more recently additional 40 Su30MKI.

Was not expecting it so fast but the neighbourhood is becoming dangerous and this is much needed.

I believe talks have taken place and a contract is expected by the end of the year.

No substantial agreements would be signed with Russia under a BJP regime. Forget about FGFA or S-400s for at least another 3 years. If Modi/BJP comes back to power again in 2019 then forget until 2024 or later or never (as we are seeing Congress mukt Bharat..)
You want congress to be in power instead?

You want congress to be in power instead?

My point was not about Congress rather about BJP.

1) BJP is a West leaning party hence would not engage with Russia. There may be some smaller deals but nothing substantial should be expected

2) Congress is dying and that vacuum would be filled by AAP which is BJP's B-Team

3) BJP & AAP would have a field day with complete power.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

US has fired 60cruise missiles on Syria, what were Russian s300s were doing that time.

US has fired 60cruise missiles on Syria, what were Russian s300s were doing that time.
I heard that U.S. had given prior intimation of the missile attack to the Russians who had then deactivated the S-300s.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom