What's new

Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China

China Defence Discussions relating to Pakistan's ally, and a new emerging power. Discussion strictly on the military over view, weapons development, and defence industry. If the letter was followed in spirit the likes of you would not be able to post at all. :mod:

what's the problem of you? don't Rajeshs like curry? you guys feel ashamed of that?

I followed the theme of this board strictly. hope curry friends learn how to contribute to the forum positively than post china-bashing stuffs.

Don't feed the troll guys his ego is hurt badly.
I am wondering what will happen to HQ-9 which was ready to be exported to Pakistan. ;)

It is as popular as Rajesh's curry in Indian restaurants in China :chilli:

I wish I could have a try on real Rajesh's curry. Last year I went all the way to the only indian restaurant in my city. to my disappointment, every thing there is dull except the stupid indian bellboys wearing red scarfs

I wish I could have a try on real Rajesh's curry. Last year I went all the way to the only indian restaurant in my city. to my disappointment, every thing there is dull except the stupid indian bellboys wearing red scarfs

Apparently they don't serve good Chinese food in your city, which is why you had to go scouting for something Indian. And unfortunately for you, the only Indian restaurant also did not offer much. What remote corner of China are you hanging by? Xinjiang? :bounce:

S-300pmu2 ordered 5-6 years ago, and is 15 battalions, not 15 batteries.

Last edited:
Chinese abm technology is "secret" yet somehow you have arrived to the conclusion that it's "superior" to the S-300, on what grounds do you make these claims, esspecially when the Chinese recently ordered S-300?

It is a secret as any military fan, including you and I, and any serious millitary websites such as Jane would admit, if being honest. Therefore, all we have here is an educated guess based on logical deduction, depending on each individual's related knowledge in the field, oke?

As for S-300, one doesn't need to look beyond what China actually fielded in 80s, 90s, post-2000, to able to deduct logically what prossible true level China is at currently, even without an offical annoucement which we all know will always come after years of induction.

Now S-300 was what China's interested in in the 90s. Unless you assume that China's R&D and related finance stagnated after 90s ( in reality, exactly opposite, they've been sky-rocketed since then), there's no point for you to falsely claim or sinuate that S-300 alike is the best that China currently has.

Talk about a vague statement with zero credibility, mind telling us how you came to this conclusion or who these so called "followers" are?

As I said earlier, all "conclusions" ( mine and yours) are an educated guess indeed based on PLA track record of recent past already known to the public, of which you have the same credibility as I do. Which version of educated guess, yours or mine, is more likely closer to the truth depends solely on which is more logical.

Reality check, you just bragged about having superior technology dispite the fact that you yourself have acknowledged that the Chinese capabilities are "hidden."

The same rationle as above when deducting an educated guess concering China and India in the field.

Make no mistake when doing a reality check, any technological advancement, millitary tech in this case, is ultimately based on following key factors:

* IQ level and size of IQ pool of a nation, a permanent factor, which determine which is the general level of sceintists a nation can produce over the time, hence underlying the general level of advancement of basic sceinces ;

* incremental R&D invesment in the area, based on a given starting point;

* Needs and desire(policy-making) to do so

( with above 3 factors, the fact that even poverty-stricken North Korea could come out with a N bomb by itself speaks the volumn)

* sophistication of general economic development level (which helps significantly, but not a must. e.g. ex USSR)

Anyone with half a brain can see clearly what China has been doing after 90s up to now in aforementioned 4 key factors with or without an official announement from PLA, except you and some Indians somehow implied otherwise.

I think we are clear here?:coffee:

Last edited:
lol clueless fanboys with weak argument and nothing to back up their claims with.

lol clueless fan boy who got nothing to back up .... sounds like some one is stressing out and has a really bad burn in their pants!!!!!!!!!:lol:

lol ok people still dont get it its like this..... for countries who have a arms supplier it is their girl friend! now when countries become self reliant it mean that certain country aka china say to their girl friend russia that hey ill rather jerk it i dont want to be with you ..... now the seniro is that china hurted the russian feelings and like a goood rich boy friend he still keeps in touch with his girl friend aka russia as in sending her flowers chocolates ECT and what dose russia do ? gives back love ... which is for rightee now the s-300 system ... do you guys get it you always keep in touch with your armsupplier!!! no matter how good you are

China's true capabilities are always hidden according to China's military doctrine. No one dare to disclose China's current capabilities, only second best or third best techs mostly. Anyone who follows China's missle tech will tell you that China's ABM is definitely beyond S-300, and probably far beyond. Yet i am not sure if it's close to or the same as S-400 currently.

As for some Indians' usual bragging that India somehow is "ahead" of China here and there, it is truely laughable! China is at least a decade ahead of India regarding missiles-related stuffs in ALL departments.

Kid (really cant think of any other name to call you by, after reading that brilliant post of yours).

One of the major functions of superior military technology is deterence, so countries that have them like to flaunt them. It gives them a psychological edge over their enemies. So it is only stupid to presume that China is hiding its true capabilities & buying inferior Russian equipment, to hoodwing the world. If that is really the Chinese militray doctrine, then Good Luck.

China in the past has tried to sell all the military euipment that anyone would buy. If they really had such High Tech systems, why would the Chinese shy away from making a quick buck.

Iran which enjoys good realtions with China is not asking China for SAM's instead they are practically begging the Russians to give them the systems that they have already paid for. Try reasoning with the above logic & you might have a Eureka moment.

lol ok people still dont get it its like this..... for countries who have a arms supplier it is their girl friend! now when countries become self reliant it mean that certain country aka china say to their girl friend russia that hey ill rather jerk it i dont want to be with you ..... now the seniro is that china hurted the russian feelings and like a goood rich boy friend he still keeps in touch with his girl friend aka russia as in sending her flowers chocolates ECT and what dose russia do ? gives back love ... which is for rightee now the s-300 system ... do you guys get it you always keep in touch with your armsupplier!!! no matter how good you are

one could know how the discussion will evolve by only having a look at the title

Back
Top Bottom