What's new

Russia Competes With China for Arms Sales to Pakistan

I certainly hope we don't induct any Fulcrums or Flankers, since our neighbour has plenty of knowledge on those systems since they've been operating them for decades.

Let's try engaging with my statements/opinions rather than useless personal attacks. Grow up, please. I don't even know who @War Thunder is. I'm just trying to improve the level of this forum and the population at large from emotionally reactive infants to mature intellectuals. Peace.

Aye Aye Commander in chief of angry birds.

If US offers a counter deal of F-21 vipers then we must accept it no natter what tech Russians develop.hardware they supply has reliability issues and maintenance cost is high... Just look at indian Mig-21's .they lost around 700 out of 1000 jets.American tech is way ahead .

Pakistan should just try and buy a couple of Rafales. They are already trained in using them so, it will just be easier to integrate them into our arsenal.

Finally a step in the right direction, at least Russia will not abandon you in the middle of a conflict. Plus indigenization is the key. It should go on along with the acquisition of modern defence armament.
Yeah ..Pakistan Airforce Lags Behind IAF in matter of service ceiling of MIG 27s ..
so in my personal opinion MIG 35 will provide edge over Indian MIG 27s

There is little Russia can offer that China can not beat. That too at a better price, better ToT/maintenance, and without the threat of the information on the system being given to India.

Russian helicopters are well priced and of decent quality and capability. Russian cold weather gear is probably better. Russian made guns are also a reliable purchase at a modest price. although sights and add-ons can be purchased from anywhere.

The only real system Pakistan should consider is a small batch of the latest Pantsir air defense system to counter PGMs near sensitive sites. especially after their experience in Syria, Russia may have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Apart from S-400, Su-35 and T-90 tanks, Pakistan does not know exactly what is in store of Russia, Pakistan needs to look deep into and buy radars, refuelers, civilian equipment, etc,

I donot know what Pak Army is generating this $9 billion from. Already the nation is totally indebted with high prices.

Pakistan is an emerging arms trade market, and its demand for Russian weapons may amount to a whopping $8-9 billion in coming years.

Apart from S-400, Su-35 and T-90 tanks, Pakistan does not know exactly what is in store of Russia, Pakistan needs to look deep into and buy radars, refuelers, civilian equipment, etc,

I donot know what Pak Army is generating this $9 billion from. Already the nation is totally indebted with high prices.

Pakistan is an emerging arms trade market, and its demand for Russian weapons may amount to a whopping $8-9 billion in coming years.

Much of the budget comes from companies owned by the military. Our budget is bigger than $9 billion but that's the official record. This is a good development for Pakistan. Competition increases greater quality.

Back
Top Bottom