What's new

Russia Competes With China for Arms Sales to Pakistan

There's a genuine need for deep striker especially for maritime role so one squadron can be good. But I would say a better option will be somehow to acquire RD33MK/93MA engines technology through ToT or at least license production.

You have hit the nail on the spot ... u need deep strike aircraft of planes for long range CAPs on sea board side while keeping your tankers and Ew assets at bay from enemy approach ...
This plane is a beast.. 4++ .. less the. su57

they politely refused in the past when Musharraf asked for Sukuis in is personal meeting with Putin
Mushy was squarely in anti-Russia camp...basically a stooge so what else did he expect.. ? and I think since then dynamics have changed quite a lot.

Anything short of S-400 is pointless. Su-35 is a tough one. Better to go for J-11D instead.
SU 400 and SU 35 are very expensive heavy price tag and top line Russian items with strategic political implications so I dont see such possibility in our life time

so in reality JF 17 block 3 or J10C and eventually J-31

I am not sure why posters are declaring Russian Migs as low quality. Mig 21 is a vintage design and old platform of the bygone era around the time of our parents were born or just kids, how many jet crashes do we see in Russia if Russian jets are so bad?
they are made for rough surface and sturdy fuselage that wont disintegrate in case of crash landing and the runway doesn't need to be brushed and vacuumed like the western jets

even Americans admire grudgingly how sturdy and reliable Russian transport helicopters are for example
so heavy duty Russian transport helicopters yes please if they are as good as world proven & reliable Mi 17 platform.

The best choice for PAF is to buy new or second-hand F-16s, if possible.
200.gif

Anyone who comes with a similar idea will get same treatment!

hai kaisa yeh Mig 35 compare to su 35?i know mery bhai ko waisy F 22 sy neechy koi cheez kam hi passand aati hai but bata du :)
Shorads bhool jao china se agyenhein

hai kaisa yeh Mig 35 compare to su 35?i know mery bhai ko waisy F 22 sy neechy koi cheez kam hi passand aati hai but bata du :)
Mig wese hee ajj kal kaam ke ate nhi sukhoi ziyada ache hein migs ka zamana 90’s ka tha

Hey...look here

MiG 35 CPFH (cost per flight Hr) is $15600 where as Rafale has $ 28000, SU-35 @ $36000.

Many more :

Well Russia shot itself in the foot many many ways:
1. letting india whisper in its ears
2. russian weapon platforms not performing up to par against american & israeli raids
3. russian weapon platforms getting smacked down by PAF's Chinese weapon platforms on Feb 27th.

Who pouring money in eygpt they r in bad shape than Pak

No idea, the Gulf? But there is no way Pakistan can afford up front payments for such expensive jets.

Mushy was squarely in anti-Russia camp...basically a stooge so what else did he expect.. ? and I think since then dynamics have changed quite a lot.

The thing is bro not enough has changed, also we have to look at dynamics here. The Russians simply do not have the economy to finance complex R & D and can only produce their top of the lines systems in small numbers. The Indians also have their ear and it was only a matter of a year back when silly statements were made by the Russians regarding weapons purchases.
Pakistan is far better off with China and maybe purchasing other items from friendly states such as Italy, Sweden, UK etc.

Back
Top Bottom