What's new

Russia Competes With China for Arms Sales to Pakistan

Better to go for J-11D instead.

The Chinese built flankers are illegal copies of Russian flankers. Russia may tolerate China using these copies domestically but the exports are prohibited. We have had this discussion before in PDF.

The Chinese built flankers are illegal copies of Russian flankers. Russia may tolerate China using these copies domestically but the exports are prohibited. We have had this discussion before in PDF.
And you joined March 12, 2019?

China is in a much stronger position to do as they please with the Flanker copies. Russia was unhappy when they found out their Flanker was copied but it was the Ukrainians who gave the blueprints. Russia doesn't really have much control over the Flanker-copy airframe. Russia is not in the position to dictate China; they both need each other - especially now with NATO in their backyard.

Anyway, we'll see how things roll. Chances are PAF will not even opt for a twin-engined airframe.

We need to stop the daydreaming here and come back down to reality.

No funds.
No history of operating Russian jets, also meaning no infrastructure.
Quality issues.
Maintenance costs and serviceability.
Indian lobby.

Basically Mig-35 is the closest thing Pakistan can get as it can be bought highly customized and engine is nearly same as JFT but quality of product is also important factor other then finance.

Major B.S, why would Pakistan want Mig-35? Same engine as JF-17? Didn’t Russia offered mig-29 ten years ago?

If we are going for any deal, I would say No less than SU-35 and S-400

Mig-35 is now 4+ gen bird and also fully multirole capability is there now, which was not available in past when Mig-29s were offered, but Mig faces built quality issues.

The timing of this report is suspicious... I don't it is true or the motivation behind revealing this info..

bhai reason? may be we will get Augusta westland 139?
I personally think MiG 35 may be a better option than Su35 because AESA radar and relatively smaller size but I'm not sure about its performance. However it however RD33mk engine which is similar to RD93. Egypt I guess bought 24 of them ...

If we go for Mig-35 then Mig-35D should also be purchased both may be able to replace Mirages of PAF.

If we go for Mig-35 then Mig-35D should also be purchased both may be able to replace Mirages of PAF.
There's a genuine need for deep striker especially for maritime role so one squadron can be good. But I would say a better option will be somehow to acquire RD33MK/93MA engines technology through ToT or at least license production.

There's a genuine need for deep striker especially for maritime role so one squadron can be good. But I would say a better option will be somehow to acquire RD33MK/93MA engines technology through ToT or at least license production.

First some one please compare Mig-35/35D with J-10C so we can find out which one is better for our needs.

It is not a bad plane at all.
D version is good we should buy in good number with AESA to replace all mirage jetts

Fake news.

Russia will never sell us anything unless IAF goes for western fighters for their MMRCA (in 100+ numbers).
Knocking Russia out of sales race.
India not gonna buy any American jet either I believe they will continue with Rafale Jett further mingle with SU 30s

We need to stop the daydreaming here and come back down to reality.

No funds.
No history of operating Russian jets, also meaning no infrastructure.
Quality issues.
Maintenance costs and serviceability.
Indian lobby.
Who pouring money in eygpt they r in bad shape than Pak

Fake news.

Russia will never sell us anything unless IAF goes for western fighters for their MMRCA (in 100+ numbers).

Knocking Russia out of sales race.
Ever heard of rafale?

Who pouring money in eygpt they r in bad shape than Pak
KSA

D version is good we should buy in good number with AESA to replace all mirage jetts
I have not done complete study yet so can't say for sure.

Last edited:
Unless we boost exports to Russia, this all speculation. Honestly, I see no reason why a few billion dollars per year of fruits, garments, and sports equipment can't be exported to Russia within he next few years. If that happens then we need to look at Russian weapons. 2 or 3 billion per year in exports to Russia can buy alot of tanks and jets over time.

Back
Top Bottom