What's new

Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
Russia and China may soon sign a $4-bln contract on the delivery of 48 Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighter jets to the Chinese air force, Russia’s Kommersant business daily said on Tuesday.
“The sides have practically agreed on the delivery of 48 Su-35 multirole fighters, worth $4 billion, to China,” Kommersant said citing a source in the Russian defense industry.
According to the paper, the only obstacle remaining is Moscow’s demand that Beijing should guarantee the protection of copyrights on the production of Su-35s without proper licensing.;)
“Moscow is not only aiming to ensure its presence on the Chinese [combat aircraft] market, but also attempting to prevent the potential copycat production of Russian aircraft for subsequent sales to third parties with predatory pricing,” a Russian government source told Kommesant.;)
China has a record of building advanced combat aircraft based on Russian and other foreign designs, and relied almost entirely on copies of Soviet designs until the Sino-Soviet split in 1960;)

The Chinese Chengdu J-10 fighter is based heavily on the cancelled Israeli Lavi fighter demonstrator, the Shenyang J-11 is a replica of the Su-30 Flanker-C, and the Chinese/Pakistani Chengdu FC-1 uses Russian engines and other technology from the MiG-29. The J-15 is a Chinese-built derivate of the Sukhoi T-10K-3, a carrier-borne fighter prototype which China acquired from Ukraine.:D
The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology."

Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China | World | RIA Novosti

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

163955136.jpg

I bet with you Russian will sell su-35 to China. India could prevent them from selling us by forfeiting the Rafle bidding and buying Russian Jets.:bunny:

As I told before that Chinese Fighter Jets like J-11B and J-10B have very poor performance especially poor engine spool up time,poor avionics quality,radars are faulty.All in all they are similar in quality to i-phone and DELL copies.
J-20 won't be in service for another 10-12 years at the minimum.
As regards to Engine China can't even make a 20,000lbf engine(So they use RD-93's) for JF-17,let alone a 35,000lbf engine.

Su-35 is needed to save PLAAF from becoming 100% obsolete.

I bet with you Russian will sell su-35 to China. India could prevent them from selling us by forfeiting the Rafle bidding and buying Russian Jets.:bunny:

thks u for bringing india:laugh:
article says enough and we have MKI with our own needs and with our requirement:laugh:
but now i hope china will abide with rules signed in contract;)

Either there are some major issues with J-11 and J-10 (I hear J-10 was very sucessful. Can some Chinese forumer tell me about this issue?) or China just wants to mess with India....

Either there are some major issues with J-11 and J-10 (I hear J-10 was very sucessful. Can some Chinese forumer tell me about this issue?) or China just wants to mess with India....

india has nothing to deal with this issue and cant say about the chinese aircraft

Of course it is more successful than Su-35, it has produced some hundreds, while Su-35 only produces 3 so far.

China’s Sukhoi Submission
By Trefor Moss
March 4, 2012

China is executing an ambitious defense modernization plan designed to make the country militarily self-sufficient by around the 2020s. So with a range of domestic fighter aircraft development programs in train – including the stealthy J-20 – it seems that buying new fighter jets from Russia probably wasn’t part of that plan.

Nonetheless, the Chinese have asked Russia to sell them the new Sukhoi Su-35 “Super Flanker” fighter aircraft, according to Alexander Fomin, deputy head of Russia's Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation. Cited by the Russian media, Fomin said that Beijing had filed a request for the S-35s – as well as S-400 air defense systems – back in 2011.

China isn’t transparent about defense procurement, so nobody knows for sure whether buying the Su-35 has always been part of its strategy, or whether it’s an admission of failure. But it’s been a decade since China has ordered any foreign jets – Russian Sukhoi Su-27s and Su-30s – for the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF), leading many aviation analysts to conclude that the Chinese would only return to the international market if they had no choice.

Now, with both India and Japan ordering advanced new fighter aircraft, the PLAAF may have determined that it needs the new Russian jets as a stopgap while the Chinese aerospace industry continues to work through some critical technology challenges, notably aircraft engines and radar systems. By ordering the Su-35, China’s defense planners would essentially be demonstrating that they aren’t willing to gamble on the J-20 and the other advanced planes that the Chinese defense industry is working on.

Russia’s motivation is also complex. The Su-35 is a new aircraft that hasn’t yet entered active service with the Russian Air Force, and the Russians are reluctant to sell it to the Chinese because of their track record of reverse-engineering earlier model Sukhois and then churning out copies. Equally, the Russians are aware that the day is fast approaching when China will no longer need to import Russian defense technology, and they may be eyeing the Su-35 sale as a last hurrah in the Chinese marketplace.

If China really is interested in ordering the Su-35, Moscow will certainly be wary of Beijing’s rationale. It won’t want to sell the Chinese only a handful of aircraft, just so that they can clone some of the Su-35’s fanciest technology, in particular its advanced radar set. It will be looking instead for a serious commitment for the procurement of several squadrons.

The acquisition would make good sense for the PLAAF: the Su-35 would be the most effective aircraft in its inventory and serve as a powerful force multiplier. At the same time, it would be a setback for China’s self-sufficiency drive, and an admission that the dream of total self-reliance is still some years away from being realized. China is busy recasting itself as a defense exporter, rather than an importer. But the need for an advanced frontline fighter like the Su-35 might force Beijing, just this once, to break its own rules.

China

What is Su-37, Su-47? im sorry i don't know a lot about jets. i did look it up but couldnt find a trusted website, i only found wikipedia

If we purchase some Su-35 it is just for some political reason.

Just like how we vetoed for Syria, since we have no core interest in Syria.

Seriously i doubt Russia could even deliver these planes to us by 2020, the 4 billion is like a gift to them to pledge an alliance.

As I told before that Chinese Fighter Jets like J-11B and J-10B have very poor performance especially poor engine spool up time,poor avionics quality,radars are faulty.All in all they are similar in quality to i-phone and DELL copies.
J-20 won't be in service for another 10-12 years at the minimum.
As regards to Engine China can't even make a 20,000lbf engine(So they use RD-93's) for JF-17,let alone a 35,000lbf engine.

Su-35 is needed to save PLAAF from becoming 100% obsolete.
what is your opinion about daily crashes of iaf jets?
i never hear about Chinese lose of su-30mkk
be realistic they are hardworking nation
they build their own j-10 and j-20 with in 10 years and your tejas is still in trials

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom