What's new

Russia brands Quran Translation by Elmir Kuliev as extremist

vK_man

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Russian system of justice once again shocked the whole world as the district court of Novorossiysk city recognized the Russian translation of the Holy Qur'an by the famous orientalist scholar Elmir Kuliev as an extremist book.

This decision is based on the announcement made by the Novorossiysk transport Prosecutor's Office that the translation of Kuliev contains "information which can be estimated as extremist;" such information pertains certain contexts that refer to the superiority of Muslims over non-Muslims.

Russia Prohibits Qur'an Translation, Act II - Europe - Politics - OnIslam.net

Interesting. Seems Russia is making it clear to the wahabbis that it will not tolerate them and their literature and the way they interpret . But I think that Ramzan Kadyrov and sufi factions will work out a deal with Putin and russian orthodox church by removing extremist quotes that call for killing of Infidel in Quran.

To me ,its a natural response,considering that Muslim are increasingly radicalising across the planet. Russia happens to be one of the first to take a step like this.

@he-man @Tshering22 @Chinese Dragon @jaibi @Imran Khan @Hyperion, @iajdani @Lightningbolt @griffin @Echo_419

@Jade @faithfulguy @Jaanbaz
@vostok @arzamas_16 @Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the translation from one guy. And those verses you talk about only apply to war.

Only the translation from one guy. And those verses you talk about only apply to war.

I think you should try to convince the russian court.The wahabbis use such quotes consistently to call for mass murder .

Again my man...... as I have stated on several occasions before.... nothing wrong with the Quran. People deliberately take things out of context, without reading the whole Sura / historical reasoning, what can one do about them?

Interesting. Seems Russia is making it clear to the wahabbis that it will not tolerate them and their literature and the way they interpret . But I think that Ramzan Kadyrov and sufi factions will work out a deal with Putin and russian orthodox church by removing extremist quotes that call for killing of Infidel in Quran.

To me ,its a natural response,considering that Muslim are increasingly radicalising across the planet. Russia happens to be one of the first to take a step like this.

@he-man @Tshering22 @Chinese Dragon @jaibi @Imran Khan @Hyperion, @iajdani @Lightningbolt @griffin @Echo_419

@Jade @faithfulguy @Jaanbaz

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think that banning a book considered sacred by 1/6th of the world is a wise move. This just fuels the extremists who keep reminding the Muslims that non-Muslims/West wants to destroy their religious and cultural heritage. To me it is counterproductive: give Chechnya, Palestine and Kashmir a sense of normalcy and safety and that would break the terrorit's back more effectively than anything else.

Again my man...... as I have stated on several occasions before.... nothing wrong with the Quran. People deliberately take things out of context, without reading the whole Sura / historical reasoning, what can one do about them?

I do partly agree and disagree also.But muslims must stop listening to wahabbis or such actions will become common place in several nations.

I think you should try to convince the russian court.The wahabbis use such quotes consistently to call for mass murder .

it's only the translation from 1 guy, there will still be quran translations. Although I see no point as the verses in all qurans is the same. Quran is not an easy book. You gotta look around the verses not just 1 specific verse. You gotta read all verses to truly interpret it. If you only brainwash a kid with 1 verse you can use it for good or for evil. That's the power of the quran. That's why in the quran it says to read it by yourself and never let anyone interpret it for you. Most of these terrorists are poor kids who have had the quran interpreted for them.

I do not think that banning a book considered sacred by 1/6th of the world is a wise move. This just fuels the extremists who keep reminding the Muslims that non-Muslims/West wants to destroy their religious and cultural heritage. To me it is counterproductive: give Chechnya, Palestine and Kashmir a sense of normalcy and safety and that would break the terrorit's back more effectively than anything else.

Russia already has banned the hadith and sira . From what I know Sufis are working out something with Putin and united Russia get it unbanned .From what I am reading that some of quotes for killing might be removed.

That's an idiotic knee-jerk reaction on their part, a shortcut if you will. You just don't go "ban" stuff, you need to counter it in this day and age with equally potent propaganda, for example get 100 aalims to declare the teachings of "abdul-wahhab" as harram. What will they do next, in 10 years time, when very low orbit satellites will be streaming internet signals, under no states control? Then what - how will they control the flow of information then?

Russia already has banned the hadith and sira . From what I know Sufis are working out something with Putin and united Russia get it unbanned .From what I am reading that some of quotes for killing might be removed.

Russian orthodox Church is rapidly growing in strength. Also, Russia never accepted the western values of liberalism and its attendant disease of political correctness.

Only a strong religion, and its followers imbued with faith can confront another hostile religion. Western nations are powerless as they have no tools to get under the skin of the enemy. The pious platitudes about equality, liberalism and economic advancement cut no ice with religious zealots who are into a completely different paradigm. Their slogans are just as useless as allurements of heaven and redemption would be for a western atheist.

But Russia and religious countries like India are suitably empowered - for they fight faith with faith.

Russia has had a history of supressing Muslims due to her traditional rivalry with Turkey and then Britian which had considerable Muslims. The Soviets banned all religious propogation; following the breakup of USSR the Chechnyan rebels also gave Russia a reason to suppress Muslims, sadly, the war on terror has given Russia greater leverage to oppress Muslims.

Russian orthodox Church is rapidly growing in strength. Also, Russia never accepted the western values of liberalism and its attendant disease of political correctness.

Only a strong religion, and its followers imbued with faith can confront another hostile religion. Western nations are powerless as they have no tools to get under the skin of the enemy. The pious platitudes about equality, liberalism and economic advancement cut no ice with religious zealots who are into a completely different paradigm. Their slogans are just as useless as allurements of heaven and redemption would be for a western atheist.

But Russia and religious countries like India are suitably empowered - for they fight faith with faith.

India does not have guts like Russia .Russia has been a fighter nation like none. There is no comparison to Russia my friend. But yes, the reaction of Russia is a bit overboard and I am hearing that backdoor negotiations are underway.

Russia has had a history of supressing Muslims due to her traditional rivalry with Turkey and then Britian which had considerable Muslims. The Soviets banned all religious propogation; following the breakup of USSR the Chechnyan rebels also gave Russia a reason to suppress Muslims, sadly, the war on terror has given Russia greater leverage to oppress Muslims.

Tell me man , jews(implicitly) and muslims(explicitly) have been attacking it since its existence.Russians are a paranoid people .Provoking them has always been deadly and has ended normally with total genocide and destruction of the enemy. My advice to muslim people is to reject wahabbism and embrace sufism. It will change a lot of perception of the russian people.

India does not have guts like Russia .Russia has been a fighter nation like none. There is no comparison to Russia my friend. But yes, the reaction of Russia is a bit overboard and I am hearing that backdoor negotiations are underway.

Styles may be different, but outcomes will be same.

The Russians rush to the fronts, the Hindus adopt a passive posture, but always convinced of the correctness of their faith. And the value of their passive strategy is apparent from its historical successes.

The West may Islamize, because religion and church have been largely destroyed. But Human's need for faith and religion is eternal. So they will take what ever is available and is more convincing. And Islam is aggressive and increasingly familiar in Europe.

Vk, the thing is that people are free to believe what they want, even the Jews have sects that believe they should murder any Arab kid who even threatens them. Like I said, idiots are everywhere. It is only that the terrorists have had had money and infrastructure to make it possible. The problem is not religious it is sociological. By most stats I have seen terrorist recruitment has gone down drastically, they are tactically more challenged now but there is a problem when the international community pushes the Muslims to feel secluded and unsafe then naturally they cling to such ideologies and act on them. I have said it so many times: this is a symptom, not the problem.

Tell me man , jews(implicitly) and muslims(explicitly) have been attacking it since its existence.Russians are a paranoid people .Provoking them has always been deadly and has ended normally with total genocide and destruction of the enemy. My advice to muslim people is to reject wahabbism and embrace sufism. It will change a lot of perception of the russian people.

Back
Top Bottom