What's new

Russia against developing military ties with Pakistan

sudhir007

Reaction score
Russia against developing military ties with Pakistan | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

Russia is not developing military cooperation with Pakistan, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Friday.

"I would like to stress that Russia is not maintaining military cooperation with Pakistan as it takes into account the concerns of [our] Indian partners," Putin said after a meeting with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

In the 1990s, Pakistan was the chief purchaser of T-80UD tanks produced by Ukraine.

India and Pakistan resumed talks on normalizing bilateral relations for the first time in many years in 2008, but the peace hopes were shattered when a coordinated terrorist attack hit the Indian city of Mumbai in November 2008, claiming at least 166 lives and wounding more than 300 people.

India then blamed the Pakistani-based Lashkar-e-Taiba movement for the assault and said it wanted to see a "visible response" from Islamabad.

New Delhi has a long history of military ties with Moscow. The current cooperation program comprises about 200 joint projects, including the transfer of technology for the licensed assembly of T-90 tanks in India, the production of BrahMos missiles and the purchase of Smerch MLRS by India.

Earlier on Friday, Russia and India signed a $1.5-billion contract on the supplies of 29 more MiG-29K Fulcrum-D carrier-based fighter jets to New Delhi.

The two countries signed a contract stipulating the supply of 12 single-seat MiG-29Ks and four two-seat MiG-29KUBs to India in January 2004. The contract is part of a $1.5 billion deal to deliver the Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier, currently being retrofitted in Russia for the Indian navy.

Russia is not developing military cooperation with Pakistan, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Friday.

Can anyone please explain RD-93 and JF17 vs the above given statement. I know Ruskies are our friends and they did block the sale of RD-93 for JF17 to Pakistan by China but then lifted the sanction...Am i reading too much into it or GOI is upto something???

Relax dude, Everything is under control... All is well

Hahaha.. I know buddy and i am not excited either...I was just trying to solve the puzzle....We all know there were some level of noise in New delhi and Ruskies due to Gorkshov and India's new proximity to US...This was attributed to one of the reason of ruskies lifting sanctions against selling RD-93 to Pak... Now that New Delhi and Moscow have managed to put everything under the carpet this specific news catched my attention...

Anyways 3 idiots is a nice movie and really liked the line "ALL IS WELL" :cheers:

Russia against developing military ties with Pakistan | Top Russian news and analysis online | 'RIA Novosti' newswire

Russia is playing its cards well... Pakistan doesn't need anything directly from Russia. We get what we need through Ukraine and China. And Russia doesn't/can't block those two countries from moving forward with these transactions. Thus, the Russians have their cake (i.e. sell indirectly to Pakistan) and eat it too (i.e. continue to maintain plausible deniability with the Indians)

Russia is playing its cards well... Pakistan doesn't need anything directly from Russia. We get what we need through Ukraine and China. And Russia doesn't/can't block those two countries from moving forward with these transactions. Thus, the Russians have their cake (i.e. sell indirectly to Pakistan) and eat it too (i.e. continue to maintain plausible deniability with the Indians)

But one must admit that Russia will not do anything silly to piss off India and vice versa - too much at stake for both the countries

After all they are our all weather allies :chilli:

Russia is all about the money .. which we fortunately have none off.. We will continue to deal with strategic partners till we can get on our feet.. thats where our money is.

All national alliances are not as shallow as that of USA and Pakistan. There is a concept of goodwill and credibility in such relationships. Thats why India pays a couple of billion over and above the planned cost and Russia does not feel insecure about growing Indo US ties..

Well Russia is a good Country.If not for their engine our PAF would be in a very very very deep trouble.

In future we can expect cooperation as India gets Closer to US.But even then the ties wouldn't get much further.Russia is all money which unfortunately Pakistan does not have.

are you saying China is not developing fighter aircraft way better than the SU-33?

When there is a smoke....... There is a fire

Russia never needed to give such a statement in past We had diplomatic relationships with russia almost closer to none. So why Putin needed to give this statement in first place?

Who knows if there are some confidential talks going on between Pakistan and Russia after strong ties of India and America?

History is changing itself once again :D

Well Russia is a good Country.If not for their engine our PAF would be in a very very very deep trouble.

In future we can expect cooperation as India gets Closer to US.But even then the ties wouldn't get much further.Russia is all money which unfortunately Pakistan does not have.

India and Russia's relations have seasoned through different weathers. Russia(USSR) helped us alot in past and every Indian respect Russia for that. Now since India is economically growing up we will make sure that we do our bit to help Russian Economy as well. As they say we are all weather friends and will remain the same..

BTW I am a great fan of VLADIMIR Putin. He is the guy who gave strength to Russia and brought it back to centre stage . Every Nation should salute a leader like him.

When there is a smoke....... There is a fire

Russia never needed to give such a statement in pas. We had diplomatic relationships with russia almost closer to none. So why Putin needed to give this statement in first place?

yes you had.... do you expect something from someone for whom you were responsible for disintegration...:no:

And the irony is you already are against west...:bounce:

So remains china........... stick with them till we dont resolve indo chinese issues.

Back
Top Bottom