What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. The FMS were blocked because both the Obama and Trump Administration assessed that Pakistan wasn’t doing enough to degrade the Taliban or helping the war in Afghanistan sufficiently to justify continued American financial support.

In my 30 years paying attention to the role anti Pakistan lobbyists play in determining US policy towards Pakistan, your posts are the most clueless and off the mark I have ever read.

Looks like Khafee was right, no?
He was right but his timings were not correct. He shared the news when talks were in initial phase of discussion, and you know very well that majority of our such deals collapse in early stages due to numerous problems and involvement of Indian lobby due to pre mature leakage of news on public forums is one of it.
Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.
And this is the 'Aviation Part'. The options for Ground forces is a separate story.

5 are brand spanking new IA. 4 that will come in the next few months IA, are also -30 J's but EDA.
The things moved from acquiring new cargo platform to acquiring surplus C130H from Europe to acquiring New C-130J alongside surplus ones, all within three years!
PAK-US defense relations are such twisty.

In my 30 years paying attention to the role anti Pakistan lobbyists play in determining US policy towards Pakistan, your posts are the most clueless and off the mark I have ever read.

Well, it seems like you haven’t been paying any attention. Please go ahead and educate us how the Indian lobby blocked funds/equipment to Pakistan.

I am keenly waiting.

Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.
Bhai F16s ke hawaly se bhi achi news sunado

Given the current Sino-India developments, is the US asking for anything in return?

Last time US approved two sqns but PAF opted one and didn't purchase next 18 then US approved another 8 but stop by Trump due to CSF issue. Now the line is clear US got what they want in Afghanistan. Shouldn't be an issue now
Simply we should stay away from US...
Focusing on indigenous solutions will be much more fruitful.
Yes we can buy a squadron or two but honestly should opt for 1 squadron of block 70s that too only because it'll be easier to get our rest of fleet upgraded to 70 standard easier in future and also newer versions of weaponary.
US cooperation should be mainly focused towards trade and countering Chinese influence in Pakistani economy...

If they are coming for free via Coalition support fund or something then good. Otherwise if we have to pay for it, Why not go for Y-9 Strings free? Even it is inferior to C130-J it will fulfill PAF needs at much lower costs.
i remember reading Panzerkiel's posts in another thread, where he was having a conversation with Joe Shearer about northern areas, and how pakistan extensively used c130s to airlift a large number of troops. i really doubt that the y-9s will be able to deliver that type of performance consistently without requiring heavy maintenance.

That'd be weird though, breaking from the existing engine commonality? Only rationale for that I can think of is that it'd set-up the logistics line for the PAF to acquire used F110 F-16s from AMARC?
GE F-110 would give more options for PAF in future.

I thought pakistanis don't trust uncle sam anymore. Y'all should've gone for the Shaanxi Y-9
We trust them but are cautious by keeping our eyes open. Indians trusted them blindly hence thought they would back them up against China. Remember USA is in no position to fight an other war where it will need to be in direct conflict as the citizens are now fed up of fighting for such a long time.

GE engine configuration is standardized now ..so it will be cheaper ..GE engine is better
Anyway
Sir,
It could be cheap only if we are acquire in higher numbers because we will be needing support infrastructures to over haul these engines.

While more expensive to set up a second supply chain, a silver lining in having both PW and GE could be more opportunities for our engineers working on Project AZM. The Turks plan to use the GE F110 as the initial engine for their T-FX project.
Turks are also going to use this engine for Hurjet and yesterdays South Korea was supplied with the initial order for these engines that would power the KF-X.

Something tells me that PAF is also looking at the GE F-404. If true then we could possibly have some F-18 for the NAVY or the Growlers for PAF.

Personally I will pick Trump over Biden, say whatever you want but Trump is unpredictable and he can play out both ways evil or good, he embarrass Modi and India when he mentioned about how Modi Asked him to be a mediator between Pakistan and India over Kashmir , Biden is from the Obama Creed, you know those Liberals who bite you harder but be sweet on your face ..

P.S don't tell my wife that I picked Trump over Biden, or else she will kill me :P
As a business man he is a man who like to gamble and then remain realistic, as an actor he is living in fools paradise which is nothing more that fantasy. When you have these two traits then you tend to be intoxicated by fantasy but then cool down over some period to return and live by reality on ground. This is why Trump is no more unpredictable rather he can be manipulated and convinced easily.

Biden if elected would need to work very hard in trying to solve domestic issues compromising on international matters. Hence he too will remain under lot of influence of different lobbyists. So first impression would be the last impression.

@Blacklight
Any news about tankers?

OK, Am I the only one questioning this? I am calling BS on this. No aviation Journo has reported this, no DSCA notification, no DoD contract notification. Just fan boys seeking attention on the forum. This is FAKE NEWS.

Only country buying C-130Js is New Zealand (5 of them)

I guess the PPEs we sent to US recently was to put butter and smooth out things. Good PR in US-PAK relations is vital to get along with the respective populations.

OK, Am I the only one questioning this? I am calling BS on this. No aviation Journo has reported this, no DSCA notification, no DoD contract notification. Just fan boys seeking attention on the forum. This is FAKE NEWS.

Only country buying C-130Js is New Zealand (5 of them)
Why are you so noisy?
Just sit back and wait...
People reporting this belong to the actual Airbases where preprations are being made for their arrival. News will be there in due time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom