What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PAR 5 may check again, the C-130J news at that time might not have disclosed. He definitely did a re-check on the VT4 -- first he said no, but after the re-check, confirmed it.
Remember he once claimed that Pakistan is looking for P1 Kawasaki as LRMPA?

C130 deal is real. I myself is aware of these negotiations since February. We started negotiating from acquiring surplus C130 airframes (eight in total) from a European nation and after many twists, we have reportedly ended up with new and surplus J's.

Last edited:
Still got a snapshot somewhere to show him his past claim once PN will finalize its LRMPA option.
C130 deal is real. I myself is aware of these negotiations since February. We started negotiating from acquiring surplus C130 airframes from a European nation. And after many twists, ended up here.
I remember I thought he just kidding

Updates are available but are not meant for open sources yet.
Chances of Russian Flankers in PAF are approximately zero.
Thanks,
No problem at all, I am quite positive though.

When can we expect a pic or atleast a video of Block 3 ? It has been an exhausting wait

@PAR 5 may check again, the C-130J news at that time might not have disclosed. He definitely did a re-check on the VT4 -- first he said no, but after the re-check, confirmed it.

Again. I do not have any confirmation that PAF is buying the C130Js. PAF wanted the C130H few years back but that as well did not come to pass. Mainly funding issues. So I stand by my original post

Still got a snapshot somewhere to show him his past claim once PN will finalize its LRMPA option.
C130 deal is real. I myself is aware of these negotiations since February. We started negotiating from acquiring surplus C130 airframes (eight in total) from a European nation and after many twists, we ended up with new and surplus J's.

I’ve never claimed that at any point. If I did, please produce the post for my information

Again. I do not have any confirmation that PAF is buying the C130Js. PAF wanted the C130H few years back but that as well did not come to pass. Mainly funding issues. So I stand by my original post

I’ve never claimed that at any point. If I did, please produce the post for my information
C130 H is 30 million a piece , why not go for E which is 11 million .....PAF has now basic maintenance facility of this aircraft.... again budget issue.

C130 deal is real. I myself is aware of these negotiations since February. We started negotiating from acquiring surplus C130 airframes (eight in total) from a European nation and after many twists, we ended up with new and surplus J's.
Lots of stored C130

http://www.c-130.net/aircraft-database/C-130/stored-aircraft/

upload_2020-6-10_12-1-11.png

C130H surplus ones out of EU are cheaper. PAF cannot buy new ones at this time
Well, New Zealand is retiring number of C130h. It's load of H retiring US armed forces.

Last edited:
I am in the camp where I will wait for more details as the story enfolds. However, the issue that is not up for debate is that the need for additional transport aircraft has existed for a number of years now. Even before the loss of C-130s in the last few years, we were stretched thin and those losses just exacerbated the issues.
Secondly, as @airomerix hinted, and we all understand, despite upgrades to avionics and slep, our C-130s are very old and the need for fleet replenishment is coming due sooner or later. We have multiple threads and posts comparing options for medium lift aircraft, both new and used, and C-130s usually top the list for both cost and capability.
In the next decade or two, where PAF will need to replace and not just augment its current transport fleet, it might buy additional C-130s again or may look at alternatives from China and/or Brazil. However, China currently does not have a good aircraft in the same class and Brazil's C-390 is still too new for a cautious PAF to jump the gun on. Once it's in service with more countries and in greater numbers, and it's operating costs more transparent, it could offer a second option for diversification (if deemed necessary).
Still I am glad PAF is taking this seriously. It wasn't long ago when I raised this issue and we were told by the some of the same members here that US has been withholding C-130s since they offer strategic airlift for Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom