What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this will ever b delivered.

If any general makes payment and then that money gets stuck that general shud be tried for treason and shot

if chinese Y-8 are cheaper go for them instead of expensive c130 and save money for other weapons procurement
Y-8 is cheap but not advance. Y-9 is the modernise one but I think the price is not cheap. Venezuela has the chance to go for Y-9 bit they opt for Y-8 mainly for the price tag.

=" than a fickle friend who couldn't do more than lipservice and building a liberary!!!"

This one is hilarious.

i remember reading Panzerkiel's posts in another thread, where he was having a conversation with Joe Shearer about northern areas, and how pakistan extensively used c130s to airlift a large number of troops. i really doubt that the y-9s will be able to deliver that type of performance consistently without requiring heavy maintenance.
Y-9 is the standard workhorse for PLAAF, higher payload than C-130J, digitalize cockpit and has in service for more than a decade.

None of this will ever b delivered.

If any general makes payment and then that money gets stuck that general shud be tried for treason and shot
Air Marshal...

Reactions: Mrc
Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.
5 are brand spanking new IA. 4 that will come in the next few months IA, are also -30 J's but EDA.

Wow!! Now thats some news. Especially about the AH-1Z as i personally have considered them kaput! Seemed unlikely!! If this is true about AH-1Z then that is a good news, especially considering that we are likely to get these with MMW radar. Plus this thing about C-130J make the whole thing even sweeter. I hope this turns out to be true and becomes a reality soon.

Looks like Khafee was right, no?
About? I don't remember him talking about C-130J but i do remember him confirming a deal confirmed for 36 F-16 Blk 70, Blk 52 up gradation and i think 18 older F-16!! This was all claimed with absolute certainty and there were members on the forum who guaranteed it just one can guarantee there is a day after night. The whole thing was really blown out of proportion.
In my experience, there is never certainties in international dealings, specially not in military procurement related dealings, specially in case of USA and Pakistan but...... anyway.

Right now, lets forget those F-16s, they might be in transit right now. :P

It will be Blk-70 not 72 :D This is confirmed.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Sir please do confirm and inform the members about difference between"a consideration" and "sure they are coming, look one just took off!!" :P :D

Sir, 26 units of TPS-77 MRR's are confirmed
26 units? That is a big number!! Do we need this many to cover our air space? Yes i know we will like to have a few back up options or spares but how many? 5 times what is required?

Does that mean Turkey and Pakistan will have engine clearance on TAI T129 helicopters and we will see those too In PAA soon

View attachment 639866
That is not just about Pakistan but Turkey too. Turkey was denied license to export to Philippines as well.

GE engine configuration is standardized now ..so it will be cheaper ..GE engine is better
Anyway

They have to earn some money..dont be

With USA withdrawing and need someone to keep things in control this was all but expected ..
Khalidzad was here today..
Will it be possible for PAF to change the engines to GE ones on the existing F-16s? Esp Blk 52?

If that technically possible @airomerix @Blacklight

Last edited:
Are you afraid that the Pakistan army under pressure from the general public in pdf will cancel the expenditure on more weapons and divert the scarce resources which Pakistan has to the poor and needy ?

No, that is not the fear. The issue is if say, advanced negotiations on a weapon system is taking place with the Americans, this information leaking can go to infected Indian ears and Indian lobbies in the US can try to put a wrench.

Wow!! Now thats some news. Especially about the AH-1Z as i personally have considered them kaput! Seemed unlikely!! If this is true about AH-1Z then that is a good news, especially considering that we are likely to get these with MMW radar. Plus this thing about C-130J make the whole thing even sweeter. I hope this turns out to be true and becomes a reality soon.

About? I don't remember him talking about C-130J but i do remember him confirming a deal confirmed for 36 F-16 Blk 70, Blk 52 up gradation and i think 18 older F-16!! This was all claimed with absolute certainty and there were members on the forum who guaranteed it just one can guarantee there is a day after night. The whole thing was really blown out of proportion.
In my experience, there is never certainties in international dealings, specially not in military procurement related dealings, specially in case of USA and Pakistan but...... anyway.

Right now, lets forget those F-16s, they might be in transit right now. :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Sir please do confirm and inform the members about difference between"a consideration" and "sure they are coming, look one just took off!!" :P :D

26 units? That is a big number!! Do we need this many to cover our air space? Yes i know we will like to have a few back up options or spares but how many? 5 times what is required?

@Khafee broke this news months ago on his site. You're one of the haters who got him banned aren't you? Even now your band is still playing... have some sense know when to eat the humble pie.

Looks like Khafee was right, no?
People here think that getting military hardware is as easy as going to Departmental store and buying groceries....Khafee shared information to the best of his knowledge but even some senior members who claim to know all made fun on him, they should all come forward and apologize....

No, that is not the fear. The issue is if say, advanced negotiations on a weapon system is taking place with the Americans, this information leaking can go to infected Indian ears and Indian lobbies in the US can try to put a wrench.

@Khafee broke this news months ago on his site. You're one of the haters who got him banned aren't you? Even now your band is still playing... have some sense know when to eat the humble pie.
Ohh bahi i didnt got him banned!!
I do not ban people because i do not agree with them!! :lol: NO ONE DOES!

I respect Khafee for his experience and knowledge. I just confronted him about the certainty factory, have pages long private conversations with him and going to drop him an email as well :)
I am not aware if he talked about C-130J, i just remember the F-16 issue and even on that my disagreement was not about the possibility but about the certainty of the claims!!

Ohh bahi i didnt got him banned!!
I do not ban people because i do not agree with them!! :lol: NO ONE DOES!

I respect Khafee for his experience and knowledge. I just confronted him about the certainty factory, have pages long private conversations with him and going to drop him an email as well :)
I am not aware if he talked about C-130J, i just remember the F-16 issue and even on that my disagreement was not about the possibility but about the certainty of the claims!!

Cheers bro. Check out his website and see the date of the C-130J leak.

This is what @Khafee wrote on 23rd April, 2020. Later he mentioned mix of both used and new :

Breaking News - WDF Exclusive - PAF has signed a contract for 9 C130J's

Delivery will start within 60 days for used ones. Payment is via CSF

You're delusional for assuming we trust the Yanks blindly. We rejected their F-21 (aka F-16 Blk-72) deal despite significant ToT and complete local production. They threatened us with sanctions and even offered both Patriot & THAAD to derail our S-400 deal but we still defied em. Javelin ATGM was rejected in favor of Israeli Spike ATGM but eventually Spike was cancelled as well favoring DRDO's Nag ATGM and the list goes on

From the very start, we're well aware that we'd fight our battles alone expecting little to no help from outside. Your dealings with the US and how Uncle Sam ditched you refusing to provide additional F-16s or AH-1Zs along with kicking out Turkey from the F-35 program have all been cautionary tales

In Laddak , China was waiting for you to fight your battle but ... nothing happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom