What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time this deal is taking to reveal, I'm afraid that these Super Hercules might grow into the Globemasters.

First it was FN SCAR being selected, then it is PAF C130J and now it is PA Cobra Zulus.

Reminds me of the very pertinent saying that While the TRUTH is pulling up its pants, a LIE travel around the world multiple times and back!
You are correct. Unlike the Scar-H case, current deals cannot be kept under the wraps. Sooner or later, the reality will reveal. And it will surely embarrass several names of this forum.

USAF bought more C-5s than required. Thanks for the multi state politics to keep people employed. Pakistan should have opted for C-5s. I bet some Congressmen and Senator's would have lobbied on Pakistan behalf for free to keep their home state manufacturing jobs alive.

USAF bought more C-5s than required. Thanks for the multi state politics to keep people employed. Pakistan should have opted for C-5s. I bet some Congressmen and Senator's would have lobbied on Pakistan behalf for free to keep their home state manufacturing jobs alive.
sir sorry to say . but bandy ko apni auqaat se ziada bheek nhi mangni chayee:D:P

First it was FN SCAR being selected, then it is PAF C130J and now it is PA Cobra Zulus.

Reminds me of the very pertinent saying that While the TRUTH is pulling up its pants, a LIE travel around the world multiple times and back!

In face of this organized "misreporting" and rumors...Only chinese are open to sell and due to circumstances PAF will be able to get latest.

nothing more..

Thinking out loud! please forgive me..

If J10 is coming it cant be used or old J10A/B why? because of the Engine(AL31)..if PAF is Buying J10 it has to be J10C (J10CE) now this version has Chinese Engine and ability to utilize PL15 to full envelope and working/operational AESA Radar.

Now I search a bit ask around ...PRC has 6th or 7th Batch (Usual 38-42 x aircraft batch? @Deino)
could shed light) under production already..and usually the deliveries are diverted in times of Emergency.

kindly elaborate, you do not believe in these rumors/statements at all that Pakistan will get C130 or the Zulu's or you are waiting for the official statement?

There is something called the "fog of war". As we get closer to a conflict between Pak-India, there will probably be a lot more rumours. Apparently FN-SCAR was selected, but Pak made the classic mistake of thinking people will just sell you a licence to their products for a reasonable price. I can see the same mindset on PDF among quite learned members. They imagine ToT is an easy affair and one can just buy their way to manufacturing quality weapons. Completely ignoring that if that was the case, Saudi Arabia would have been a superpower by now.

In the end I'm glad the deal got scuppered and will allow Pakistan to get it right and build their own gun, with their own caliber. This mindset change, if it ever happens, will be as important as Pak's nukes.

@MastanKhan I disagree - I think it was a blessing in disguise for Turkey. Otherwise, with F-35 leverage, Turkey would not be able to have an independent foreign policy for the next 30 years or more. And the worst part (and the best part) is the training of Turkish or Pakistani officers in the US - where they are indoctrinated without them even noticing. It's the classic backdoor of an imperial power over its surrogates.

Lets not go down our neighbor’s route and buy aircraft for which we spend 15 years trying to figure out training and logistics and have a nightmare fleet of hodgepodge types.

There is one problem with this anology - India has to pay hard cash for its purchases. These C-27Js would have come with CSF, CSF that otherwise will be wasted as by end of this year, I very much doubt US will give anything to Pakistan. Back to 1992 on the time machine.

One could have still rationalized the fleet - C-235s could have been sold to foreign countries and 20 C-27Js would have become the workhorse for PAF. If the C-130Js did get released eventually, they would have had considerable logistical commonality due to a number of key shared subsystems, most importantly the engines.

People seem to be putting the cart before the horse. No contracts can be signed until the issue of payment is squared away, which in this case means CSF.

Does anyone know the exact amount of CSF owed? I’ve heard various figures batted back and forth. And if there was movement on CSF, we would of heard something from the US by both Trump and Congress.

So until this issue is settled, all deals being talked about is just that, talk. At best, they are just MoUs.
I dont think you will get an answer to that on open forum. You may not even get answers on closed fora simply because CSF is a disputed figure. At the end of the day it will have to be sorted between US and Pakistan. It will be what US is willing to sanction vs what Pak is demanding. Depending on who holds a higher position and whether the other party can bribe someone in power it will have a calculation which will vary widely. This is my interpretation and I am a mere outsider so take it for what it is worth.
A

You are correct. Unlike the Scar-H case, current deals cannot be kept under the wraps. Sooner or later, the reality will reveal. And it will surely embarrass several names of this forum.
OPS

There is something called the "fog of war". As we get closer to a conflict between Pak-India, there will probably be a lot more rumours. Apparently FN-SCAR was selected, but Pak made the classic mistake of thinking people will just sell you a licence to their products for a reasonable price. I can see the same mindset on PDF among quite learned members. They imagine ToT is an easy affair and one can just buy their way to manufacturing quality weapons. Completely ignoring that if that was the case, Saudi Arabia would have been a superpower by now.

In the end I'm glad the deal got scuppered and will allow Pakistan to get it right and build their own gun, with their own caliber. This mindset change, if it ever happens, will be as important as Pak's nukes.

@MastanKhan I disagree - I think it was a blessing in disguise for Turkey. Otherwise, with F-35 leverage, Turkey would not be able to have an independent foreign policy for the next 30 years or more. And the worst part (and the best part) is the training of Turkish or Pakistani officers in the US - where they are indoctrinated without them even noticing. It's the classic backdoor of an imperial power over its surrogates.

There is one problem with this anology - India has to pay hard cash for its purchases. These C-27Js would have come with CSF, CSF that otherwise will be wasted as by end of this year, I very much doubt US will give anything to Pakistan. Back to 1992 on the time machine.

One could have still rationalized the fleet - C-235s could have been sold to foreign countries and 20 C-27Js would have become the workhorse for PAF. If the C-130Js did get released eventually, they would have had considerable logistical commonality due to a number of key shared subsystems, most importantly the engines.

Hi,

There was no blessings for Turkey for not getting the F-35---.

It is like saying---" oh jee---I got cancer---now I can develop a medicine to fight it---" Please---I am not being rude---.

Turkey was not limited for technology to use it on the F35's if the US had issues---.

The ral thing is that Turkey has no pilots---after it arrested the F16 pilots years ago---.

Maybe a turkish member can enlighten us.

Any confirmation news? Or do you think PAF is still open to acquiring some used ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom