What's new

New fighter for PAF Doctrine?

Armchair

Jun 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
Give it to the brown sahibs to want to buy another gora piece of equipment. Just as they stalled the JFT program and attempted to kill it with more F-16s.

Although it is hard to put so much into a one line comment.

Khurram2349

Jun 11, 2014
Country
Pakistan
Give it to the brown sahibs to want to buy another gora piece of equipment. Just as they stalled the JFT program and attempted to kill it with more F-16s.

Simple equation : More U.S. F-16s = More risk of flying equipment of your known enemy = More Commission for some ruling elite !!!!!

Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Aug 22, 2016
Country
Pakistan

Although it is hard to put so much into a one line comment.
They should pivot to developing a Westernized sub-variant of the JF-17 -- i.e., Leonardo Grifo-E or Vixen 1000E and MBDA Meteor. Definitely not ideal, but at least it keeps the JF-17 moving (in a parallel direction) while also adding a necessary capability for the PAF to see, acclimate to (for defending against), and deploy offensively.

If they really want to buy something, make it the Gripen E/F. If only to ruin that as an option for India for its single-engine requirement, and maybe to secure Saab's design help for Project Azm (since Saab was offering help to other FGFA/NGF projects). If there's corruption, let's make it semi-useful at least.

Last edited:

Vapnope

Nov 11, 2015
Country
Pakistan
They should pivot to developing a Westernized sub-variant of the JF-17 -- i.e., Leonardo Grifo-E or Vixen 1000E and MBDA Meteor. Definitely not ideal, but at least it keeps the JF-17 moving (in a parallel direction) while also adding a necessary capability for the PAF to see, acclimate to (for defending against), and deploy offensively.
Don't you think Pl15 with blk 3 will do the same job as Meteor with blk 3?

Haris Ali2140

May 20, 2019
Country
Pakistan
Don't you think Pl15 with blk 3 will do the same job as Meteor with blk 3?
But what about the rest of the equipments like EW, ECM etc. F-16 is a big plane and it will always have more punch. We need more F-16s or something in the same category. And we money for none.

Aug 19, 2012
Country
Pakistan

Nomad40

Jan 3, 2020
Country
Pakistan
I mean amerikan factories are shut and Boeing is not producing what it has to produce so if trump can get his factories and workers in shape than Yeah, PAF has decent chances.

already discussed in another thread and these folks took all our discussion from here and put it up as theres.....not cool.....:tsk:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/operation-swift-retort-by-alan-warnes.657584/page-2#post-12159951
Okay just saw the SWIFT RETORT BY ALAN WARNES , Over here we discuss about the new fighter that might come in as a part of our counter Rafale Doctrine.

Guys no copying Posts and if so please Site the member.

welcome to the new and my first thread @Foxtrot Alpha.

Cheers.

StormBreaker

Nov 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan
F-35

But most of it stays the same No?
I am not sad over this fact, PAF is either lucky or too clever since decades.

Every decision or most, seems rewarding in some way or other in near or far future, Falcon EW, F-16, Thunder, F-7, Erieye, ZDK, PAC and Thunder local assembly and manufacturing.

If PAF seems to be slow and observer in these times, I am rather satisfied, they take their times, monitor the enemy and take measures accordingly.

New aircraft type sooner is inevitable though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Top Bottom