What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Americans would want someone to take them off their hands.

They do. Because of US Army - USAF politics. USAF doesn't care about tactical airlift capability below C-130J. US Army has made a big deal about it. PAF would have done a favour to USAF by taking them off their hands. USAF is looking at its global force projection capability and least interested in the minutae.

does it have soft kill or hard kill capabilities

C-27J's have soft kill capabilities.

Not sure what thread to put this as its a speculation - there is a speculation that Pakistan is getting J-10s.
There was a rumour from @TheTallGuy and perhaps someone else I am not familiar with - that PAF "CAT A" pilots are in Chengdu. Also @Khafee had a month or so ago stated that PAF pilots were training or familiarizing in China on a new platform.

I think someone made the connection - PAF top tier pilots + Chengdu = J-10.

I apologize in advance for being off topic and for committing the crime of engaging in speculation.

Not sure what thread to put this as its a speculation - there is a speculation that Pakistan is getting J-10s.
There was a rumour from @TheTallGuy and perhaps someone else I am not familiar with - that PAF "CAT A" pilots are in Chengdu. Also @Khafee had a month or so ago stated that PAF pilots were training or familiarizing in China on a new platform.

I think someone made the connection - PAF top tier pilots + Chengdu = J-10.

I apologize in advance for being off topic and for committing the crime of engaging in speculation.
What is Khafee saying on the C130's?

What is Khafee saying on the C130's?

He said they are coming but remember, his info isn't the latest. For all we know the deal could have fallen through. It's not that he is lying or "spreading rumours", he is sharing what he heard. It's insider information. However, deals can fall through even in the last minute, even after contract signing... see Turkish F-35s... they even had pilots trained.

Let's see if the C-130Js do end up in Pakistan. Hope but nothing is for certain. @Tipu7

C-27Js would have been available from the Boneyard. Brand new or nearly brand new. As EDA... and basically for pennies to the CSF. Would have met a large number of the requirements. And would have arrived in Pakistan long ago.

PAF is now playing at the 11th hour and perhaps they can get the C-130Js before the door closes. Let's see though.

Lets not go down our neighbor’s route and buy aircraft for which we spend 15 years trying to figure out training and logistics and have a nightmare fleet of hodgepodge types.

On that note @Arsalan I cannot see why Pakistan wants C-130Js and won't budge for something smaller. Perhaps 90% of the work the PAF engages in at the national level can be done cheaper by C-27Js which would have been easy to acquire as the US was holding back on the C-130s due to strategic airlift considerations.
Commonality of platform, rugged platform capable of working of unmade air fields, commonality of engine with plenty of spares available worldwide and a truckload of experience seem to be the reasons for having C130s. As to newer models, they are more economical than older ones. I cant think of any other platform so commonly available and in use world wide.
A

Last edited:
He said they are coming but remember, his info isn't the latest. For all we know the deal could have fallen through. It's not that he is lying or "spreading rumours", he is sharing what he heard. It's insider information. However, deals can fall through even in the last minute, even after contract signing... see Turkish F-35s... they even had pilots trained.

Hi,

That deal fell thru the sheer ignorance of respectable Mr. Erdogan---.

People seem to be putting the cart before the horse. No contracts can be signed until the issue of payment is squared away, which in this case means CSF.

Does anyone know the exact amount of CSF owed? I’ve heard various figures batted back and forth. And if there was movement on CSF, we would of heard something from the US by both Trump and Congress.

So until this issue is settled, all deals being talked about is just that, talk. At best, they are just MoUs.

Reactions: SQ8
Even C 130 new models can fulfill our requirements by comparing size of our country.
C17 obviously will have advantage in terms of logistic support but its is expensive too.

First it was FN SCAR being selected, then it is PAF C130J and now it is PA Cobra Zulus.

Reminds me of the very pertinent saying that While the TRUTH is pulling up its pants, a LIE travel around the world multiple times and back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom