What's new

Rumors: Finally AH-1Z are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think USMC uses stingers with their AH-1Zs I'm sure Pak would too.

humko-maro-humko-zinda-mat-chhodo-saalo.jpg

Question? When did we get type certified on the AH-1Z birds? No PAA contingent has gone to the US for it, so far.

We got trained for Cobras, Block 52s before we started receiving them / flying them.

We have people in China who have been flying Z-10, for a good while now, so converting to that bird won’t surprise me. So, I am really interested in finding out as to what’s the plan here?
Is it necessary to break news of training courses also? If you are seeking the timing of PAA pilots training of AH1Z, search out the timeline of 2015-16. The time when Pakistan ordered to upgrade facility in Multan was the time when we were receiving the requisite training.
Similarly, was there any news when Pakistan sent its pilots to Russia for getting their grip over Mi35?
Or are you aware where where people of PA, PAF and PN are deployed for receiving specialized course training for mastering the new capabilities which will be adding in upcoming half decade? Ask yourself.

No one can afford to grant a clear cut military advantage to any country in our region.
I find it strange maybe naively so but i always believed that US wants a counterweight to China and India fit that role perfectly. Pakistan was considered as a nuisance and a hindrance towards that goal.
On a side note can one assume that this change maybe because all the hype that was created around India and its superiority fell flat first after 26th February and now with this recent spat between India and China. Can this have forced the americans to go back to the drawing board and they might dont want to lose Pakistan at all.

Is it necessary to break news of training courses also? If you are seeking the timing of PAA pilots training of AH1Z, search out the timeline of 2015-16. The time when Pakistan ordered to upgrade facility in Multan was the time when we were receiving the requisite training.
Similarly, was there any news when Pakistan sent its pilots to Russia for getting their grip over Mi35?
Or are you aware where where people of PA, PAF and PN are deployed for receiving specialized course training for mastering the new capabilities which will be adding in upcoming half decade? Ask yourself.
We have not yet sent in pilots to get trained on AH-1Z. AFAIK. There’s never been any conversions on the type. It’d not be a breaking news, such conversion happen pretty overtly. It’s not an underhand deal between GOP and USG.

I find it strange maybe naively so but i always believed that US wants a counterweight to China and India fit that role perfectly. Pakistan was considered as a nuisance and a hindrance towards that goal.
On a side note can one assume that this change maybe because all the hype that was created around India and its superiority fell flat first after 26th February and now with this recent spat between India and China. Can this have forced the americans to go back to the drawing board and they might dont want to lose Pakistan at all.

Pakistan's importance is there due to whatever happens in Afghanistan, and it's location at the mouth of Strait of Hormuz.

Thus, the end of argument.
Except I do know PAA and PAF. Anyway, would like to see this deal happen. I hope what you’re saying turns out exactly the way it’s been said so far. :)

Pakistan's importance is there due to whatever happens in Afghanistan, and it's location at the mouth of Strait of Hormuz.
And Pakistan's ability to offer supplementary gateway to a state which is already challanging American hegemony.
A Pakistan in the club of China is the end of American hegemony if not in Asia, then atleast in South Asia.

Except I do know PAA and PAF. Anyway, would like to see this deal happen. I hope what you’re saying turns out exactly the way it’s been said so far. :)
Let's hope for best.

US have realized that Indian aren’t Going to do jack Sh!t. Indians are not stupid to fight China for the US, but Americans knows that India’s will happily fight Pakistan. US is hoping that India can be use to blockade Chinese access to Arabian ocean (via CPEC). Currently there are 3 USN AC in South China Sea. US have enough Naval power to economically chock and blockade China’s Pacific coast. But CPEC is the Chinese back door (a life line).

Currently there are 3 USN AC in South China Sea. US have enough Naval power to economically chock and blockade China’s Pacific coast.

On the contrary, one also may question the concentration of so many high value assets in such a small area, within the range of one of the world's powerful airforce, along with powerful long range anti ship missiles...

Let's hope they are not waiting for some Gulf of Tonkin incident.

This is 2yrs back now. Fail to see the logic that we invested in infrastructure but didn't get ur men trained, training part starts way before production/delivery of the assets.

Even recently we had PAF engineering crews in training in US with pictures on twitter. So fail to see why any one can doubt training portion on AH-1Zs skipped.
https://quwa.org/2018/02/20/pakistan-prepares-for-inducting-ah-1z-attack-helicopters/
AH-1Z-Infrastructure-768x379.jpg

Last edited:
Roughly speaking, from what distance can Zulus destroy tanks across the border?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom