What's new

RQ-170 footage released

You are correct. I have no answers to gibberish. Everything you said have been addressed before. If you are serious about debating this, look up those past comments/explanations and give us your own comments/explanations base on extensive personal experience with them. Else...
a drone will never land in enemy territory, neither by it's AI or operator, this is a fact you can't deny. so all system failure scenarios are dismissed.

@gambit Sorry to bother you again, but about the RQ-170 the landing gears looks like the t-6 texan. Does it provide a safe (or cheap) structural advantage of the aircraft? What advantages and disadvantages does these types of landing gear has. Thank you and cheers.

MDX-120724-AC15277-x.jpg
No way to tell. The Texan's main landing gears retracts laterally. The RQ's retracts in the longitudinal or fore/aft. And for the flying wing, not much room for anything other than the bicycle configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
This gambit is actually being serious, I actually though he was joking.

You are talking to a guy who thinks something with mass "m" falling from 40-45000 feet will loose it's wings in perfect symmetry and no other damages.

80 year olds virgin defected Vietnamese laws of physics.

This gambit is actually being serious, I actually though he was joking.

You are talking to a guy who thinks something with mass "m" falling from 40-45000 feet will loose it's wings in perfect symmetry and no other damages.

80 year olds virgin defected Vietnamese laws of physics.

Free fall? nobody is talking about free fall, RQ-170 has the capability to auto rotate, there is a clear "stitch" line between wings and fuselage which make it a weak point

http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/233629-rq-170-footage-released-16.html#post3900316

bigbeast1.jpg

From looking at this aircraft it uses old techniques to neutralize the aerodynamic problems. This is one weird aircraft I have to say. Sorry for reviving this thread :D.

I was wondering what this photo was about till today they put a caption on it.
13617393951.jpg

tracking RQ-170 by RG defense in 1388=2010

they have worked one year to prepare an ambush for it's capture.

also in full version of "hunt of Tabas" documentary Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said ,Ayub was flying 400km in Israel air space not 70. he added "we and so Hezbollah knew the position of Israel optical cameras installed on discovery balloons, so i guess Hezbollah has chosen that flight path on purpose to give Zionists a message."
i guess we have to wait for ayub footage too.

I was wondering what this photo was about till today they put a caption on it.
13617393951.jpg

tracking RQ-170 by RG defense in 1388=2010

they have worked one year to prepare an ambush for it's capture.

also in full version of "hunt of Tabas" documentary Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said ,Ayub was flying 400km in Israel air space not 70. he added "we and so Hezbollah knew the position of Israel optical cameras installed on discovery balloons, so i guess Hezbollah has chosen that flight path on purpose to give Zionists a message."
i guess we have to wait for ayub footage too.

They should actually post a video of the footage of tracking the drone. Not a pic of a blob.

They should actually post a video of the footage of tracking the drone. Not a pic of a blob.
it's a video actully and is part of a documentary video called "hunt of Tabas"(persian="شکار طبس") I just captured a frame.
in fact all of this thread is based on this documentary video, it's full version released on 24.2.2013.
if you search you may find it.

Tabas hunt documentary (story of capturing RQ-170), English dubbed

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Tabas hunt documentary (story of capturing RQ-170), English dubbed

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Superb video.... Pakistan and other Muslim countries should be doing research on this UCAVs with Iran...

Back
Top Bottom