What's new

Royal Enfield motorbikes rev up for Bangladesh market

He is just trying to ingratiate himself to the Pakistanis here by badmouthing RE.
His comment shows that he is from the 125 cc category, just promoted to 200 cc so feeling very cool about himself.
His type wont get a RE.

On the contrary I'm from punjab, every 2nd person I know drives RE. Lol

And I don't have inferiority complex like you to bad mouth or exaggerate in front of Pakistanis. I'm punjabi and that's enough flex for me.
I have ridden with RE 2 weeks so told you from my personal experience.

And you are just saying that I have just upgraded from 125cc tell me that you don't know shit about biking. While going uphill at sharp turns it's not the how big your cc is , its how efficiently and quickly u can decelerate and accelerate. Lmao
And there's another reason 4 RE shitty performance as compared to my bike read carefully let's see if you can pick the point, bt you r nt a biker but just gedi baaj who starts bike do gedi in market or girls college nd comes back.
No biking in mud real off reading or mountain biking.

Read my whole post carefully .

which RE they were riding ?? classic ones, interceptors,cafe racing or himalayan ? There many different varieties according to ones need. Himalayan should do better in ladhak region.

I think 1 was classic, 2nd I'm not sure. 1st bike tank if filled to full capacity would start leaking petrol from top, I was shocked I said what the fk and he was like its normal, u can't fill RE classic to brim it starts spilling if going full speed on rough roads. Lmao

Thats what I said the RE offroader of korean guy , was able to keep up with me. I think ur right its called himalayan . It was just launched a year before .
We stopped racing after he got frustrated and tried to overtake me from blind curve and nearly hit a bus. After that we talked the rest of way. That was the only golden moment of my trip.

By the way I loved the Himalayan RE but none of my bullet friends like it. They think it's not cool or real RE. So I doubt it would sell that much in punjab if others also think like this. But I feel Offroader is leaps and bounds better than other models that RE fans think very cool.

Last edited:
Many biker brothers have had a close save from accidents because the bike has a unique ability to shut off at any time. One rider was going on a highway at 90 KMPH and was about to overtake a vehicle and the bike's engine shut off at this point. Imagine this scenario. He barely got saved from a major accident.
And this is not one isolated incident, many people have suffered the same and they have documented it on youtube as well.

I rest my case. Safety be damned.

Indians themselves writing these words.

Buy these RE products and get killed.

Last edited:
RE is not for squids who want to race on tarmac roads. Hero, tvs and bajaj for you.

Listen my dark friend, I know numerous people in Dhaka who own the likes of over 1000 cc bikes (The Honda CB1100F is a popular model), which is not a road-legal bike locally.

800px-Honda_CB1100_at_the_Tokyo_Motor_Show_2009.JPG

They have to take it abandoned airports nearby and race them.

Some folks have the Gold Wing 1800. I have seen them myself. Those cost around 30 lakh Rupees (without Bangladeshi tariff, for your edification). Closer to a crore imported to Bangladesh, which cannot be made road-legal.

1024px-Honda_Gold_Wing_GL_1800_%28SC79_-_2018%29.jpg

Don't ever (EVER!) judge Bangladesh and their affordability limits by your Sanghi kanjoos standards. I don't have to appease Pakistanis - they know what Indian standards are what our standards are.

I wouldn't say your country is Bhikhari (that would not be polite) but our GDP per capita is higher than that of India, and so are our HDI standards in health, education and many other factors. We have zero open defecation rates for example, yours is closer to 40%.

And on top of everything - Indians are trying to sell to us. What's the point of bad mouthing a customer??

Customer is king. We decide what to buy, not you.

Some Indians would soil their pants if they knew what any (ANY!) new car in Dhaka costs. On average new vehicle duty is 300% for normal sedans and for Luxury large engined SUV vehicles like Range Rover, Infiniti, Lexus the duty is 800%.

So take your laughable 2/3 lakh 350/650cc bikes and big spender attitude elsewhere - we could care less.

Now go have your single chapati and onion dinner on your 10 rupee stainless steel plate.

Last edited:
Listen my dark friend, I know numerous people in Dhaka who own the likes of over 1000 cc bikes (The Honda CB1100F is a popular model), which is not a road-legal bike locally.

800px-Honda_CB1100_at_the_Tokyo_Motor_Show_2009.JPG

They have to take it abandoned airports nearby and race them.

Some folks have the Gold Wing 1800. I have seen them myself. Those cost around 30 lakh Rupees (without Bangladeshi tariff, for your edification). Closer to a crore imported to Bangladesh, which cannot be made road-legal.

1024px-Honda_Gold_Wing_GL_1800_%28SC79_-_2018%29.jpg

Don't ever (EVER!) judge Bangladesh and their affordability limits by your Sanghi kanjoos standards. I don't have to appease Pakistanis - they know what Indian standards are what our standards are.

I wouldn't say your country is Bhikhari (that would not be polite) but our GDP per capita is higher than that of India, and so are our HDI standards in health, education and many other factors. We have zero open defecation rates for example, yours is closer to 40%.

And on top of everything - Indians are trying to sell to us. What's the point of bad mouthing a customer??

Customer is king. We decide what to buy, not you.

Some Indians would soil their pants if they knew what any (ANY!) new car in Dhaka costs. On average new vehicle duty is 300% for normal sedans and for Luxury large engined SUV vehicles like Range Rover, Infiniti, Lexus the duty is 800%.

So take your laughable 2/3 lakh 350/650cc bikes and big spender attitude elsewhere - we could care less.

Now go have your single chapati and onion dinner on your 10 rupee stainless steel plate.
What is your car sales per capita ?mullu!
Also of motorbike per capita?

What is your car sales per capita ?mullu!
Also of motorbike per capita?

Whatever the car sales per capita, you couldn't afford one in Bangladesh for sure.

Be happy you are in India and can afford at least a cheap motorbike.

If you went to buy one in Bangladesh - you'd be closer to embracing Mrityu for sure Mrityunjay.

Over here 150cc bikes go for 2 lakh sometimes.

Last edited:
On the contrary I'm from punjab, every 2nd person I know drives RE. Lol

And I don't have inferiority complex like you to bad mouth or exaggerate in front of Pakistanis. I'm punjabi and that's enough flex for me.
I have ridden with RE 2 weeks so told you from my personal experience.

And you are just saying that I have just upgraded from 125cc tell me that you don't know shit about biking. While going uphill at sharp turns it's not the how big your cc is , its how efficiently and quickly u can decelerate and accelerate. Lmao
And there's another reason 4 RE shitty performance as compared to my bike read carefully let's see if you can pick the point, bt you r nt a biker but just gedi baaj who starts bike do gedi in market or girls college nd comes back.
No biking in mud real off reading or mountain biking.

Read my whole post carefully .

I think 1 was classic, 2nd I'm not sure. 1st bike tank if filled to full capacity would start leaking petrol from top, I was shocked I said what the fk and he was like its normal, u can't fill RE classic to brim it starts spilling if going full speed on rough roads. Lmao

Thats what I said the RE offroader of korean guy , was able to keep up with me. I think ur right its called himalayan . It was just launched a year before .
We stopped racing after he got frustrated and tried to overtake me from blind curve and nearly hit a bus. After that we talked the rest of way. That was the only golden moment of my trip.

By the way I loved the Himalayan RE but none of my bullet friends like it. They think it's not cool or real RE. So I doubt it would sell that much in punjab if others also think like this. But I feel Offroader is leaps and bounds better than other models that RE fans think very cool.
Wow you are from Punjab, so impressed.
Bet you have a photo of Manmohan Singh and the kanadian flag on your bajaj bike.
RE doesn't sell due to its reliability wrt other Indian bikes. If this has to be explained to a you , u should stick to hero.
But your friends seem more intelligent. They understand the reason ppl buy RE.
Himalayan is a offroader, RE's first.
You sound too stupid to explain stuff to.

And dont guess where i am from.

I rest my case. Safety be damned.

Indians themselves writing these words.

Buy these RE products and get killed.
I know you are a troll with issues but the 1st gen Himalayan in 2016 had challenges, more than i care to enumerate.
But then the bs4 model was introduced which resolved most of the issues and got upgrades like a ABS and fuel injection.
The bs6 model has switchable ABS.
Bd is in anycase not a prime market just a easily accessible one. The waiting times for the new gen RE is pretty long. In these Chinese virus times, a company not able to fulfill orders is a godsend.

Wow you are from Punjab, so impressed.
Bet you have a photo of Manmohan Singh and the kanadian flag on your bajaj bike.
RE doesn't sell due to its reliability wrt other Indian bikes. If this has to be explained to a you , u should stick to hero.
But your friends seem more intelligent. They understand the reason ppl buy RE.
Himalayan is a offroader, RE's first.
You sound too stupid to explain stuff to.

And dont guess where i am from.
I like my bike stock.
Punjabi don't give shit about politicians unlike you Kissing their asses.

I have seen my friends use RE so I know all the problems that comes with it.
As I said you don't know shit about bikes but buying it for the image. As I haven't heard a single technical thing about bike from you.

So when I gave you the review why you were so upset? when you know why everyone buys RE, Not 4 quality but image. it's a poor man's Harly Davidson.
And for your knowledge going to ladakh is not off reading, only amateurs call it off reading.

I like my bike stock.
Punjabi don't give shit about politicians unlike you Kissing their asses.

I have seen my friends use RE so I know all the problems that comes with it.
As I said you don't know shit about bikes but buying it for the image. As I haven't heard a single technical thing about bike from you.

So when I gave you the review why you were so upset? when you know why everyone buys RE, Not 4 quality but image. it's a poor man's Harly Davidson.
And for your knowledge going to ladakh is not off reading, only amateurs call it off reading.
You are too retarded too engage with.
I am a punjabi in punjab.

You are too retarded too engage with.
I am a punjabi in punjab.
Yup when you know nothing about bikes tell other person a retard.
But you don't sound punjabi from the way you talking.

Where you from punjab? I can tell you some guys who sell harly Davidson type super bikes second hand between 4- 8 lakh.
Go try them. You will understand than, what a big engine with great performance feels like.

I know you are a troll with issues but the 1st gen Himalayan in 2016 had challenges, more than i care to enumerate.
But then the bs4 model was introduced which resolved most of the issues and got upgrades like a ABS and fuel injection.
The bs6 model has switchable ABS.
Bd is in anycase not a prime market just a easily accessible one. The waiting times for the new gen RE is pretty long. In these Chinese virus times, a company not able to fulfill orders is a godsend.

Whatever ... grapes are sour. Read the following whitepaper below, for Bangladesh motorcycle market. Tired of educating people on these things. Number of motorbikes locally is 470,000, and is supposed to grow to a million units in three years or less. If you want to call it small, then so be it.

Our GDP per capita (PPP) is hovering around $4500, middle-class is expanding, motorcycle market is not going to be in a slump, even counting Covid.

I suggest you get off the RSS/VHP/Shivsena/"Mera Bharat Mahaan" bandwagon and pop the balloon of delusion. Bhakts jumping up and down about RE in India doesn't mean we have to as well.

A lot of items sold in India are part of the "Make in India" hype floated by Indian industrialists who want to fob off third-rate products on simple 'deshprem' concept. Calling Bull$hit on that.

Buy things on value-for-money, quality and merit. Not because it's painted in some Gerua color and because of some stupid patriotic ad - urging Indians to save some Indian industrialist's sorry butt. Eicher can go pound sand for all I care.

It's a machine for Allah's sake. It can have faults, All items made in India by semi-trained workers have faults. You cannot expect a poorly-paid, sandal-wearing, half educated worker in RE's Chennai factory to have the same level of trained attention to detail, natural mechanical aptitude and knowledge of efficiency and QA regimes as Japanese workers in Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorbike Industry in Bangladesh—The Next Big Frontier?
LightCastle Analytics Wing

LIGHTCASTLE ANALYTICS WING
July 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

In the backdrop of Dhaka city’s fabled traffic mismanagement and congestion, motorcycles offer a more affordable alternative to its counterpart – cars. The rising middle class of Bangladesh has been a significant driving force behind the motorcycle industry’s phenomenal rise as bikes are cheaper, easier to maintain and faster to navigate with than cars. Since 2010, the number of motorcycles in Dhaka alone has more than doubled to roughly 469,888 units.[1]

The origin of the industry’s boom is a multivariate question. The answer lies behind a series of events ranging from government tax initiatives, import policies, innovations within the tech industry such as the rise of ride-sharing apps and the growing middle class.[2]

Global Market
Across the globe, the motorcycle market is performing well. In the backdrop of emerging economies and the overall increasing purchasing power of people in developing nations, the market is projected to grow at 4.4% per year through to 2022.[7] This expected growth can primarily be attributed to a stronger and more robust global economy and the increasing availability of budget-friendly models.[7] The three main global regions in the market right now are North America, Western Europe and most importantly Asia.

North America represents a more mature market for motorbikes. However, demand is still expected to increase, partly inspired by the newfound economic confidence of the post-recessionary period.[7] People who previously put off purchasing motorbikes are now more likely to switch to newer models. Western Europe will also be friendly to motorbikes, particularly e-bikes, given their more eco-friendly nature. Asia represents the most important market for the motorcycle industry. Asia made up 80% of global motorcycle sales in 2017.[7] The rise of the Asian market is a result of improving economic and living conditions, the inability of most households to afford typical automobiles, government investment in rural areas, and ineffective and overcrowded public transportation.[7]

The rise of the motorcycle industry in Bangladesh carries all the hallmarks of the typical Asian motorcycle market boom

Market Projection
The motorcycle market size stands at approximately $476 million as of 2017 in Bangladesh.[2] The local industry has seen very healthy sales growth rates over the last few years. With an average growth rate of roughly 60% as of 2017, this trend is expected to carry through 2019 and into the foreseeable future.[3]

Motorcycle-Units-Solds-2015-2017.png
Source: Motorcycle Industry of Bangladesh: An Interview of Runner Motors – IDLC Monthly Business Review
The standout characteristic of this rise in sales is the newfound prominence of local manufacturers/assemblers within the industry. The government has reduced supplementary duties on imported parts to 20% from 25% used in local manufacturing of motorbikes, which has greatly reduced the cost of production.[2] Given that 70% of the parts used in motorbike assembling and manufacturing are imported, these cuts in supplementary duties represent a huge financial blessing to local manufacturers.[2] Additionally, motorbikes have been included in the existing VAT exemption which has helped bolster sales.[4] Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal added three new raw materials into the concessionary duty list for the fiscal year 2019-2020.[11] At the same time, imported motorbikes are subject to a protectionist tariff regime, which raises their price and makes them less competitive in comparison to locally manufactured motorbikes.[5] The reduction of registration costs from BDT 20000 to BDT 5000 for both imported and locally manufactured/assembled bikes has also helped the market grow further.[5]

In addition, another major driver behind the boom of the motorbike industry is the rising economic status of Bangladesh–in particular, the rising economic status of the middle class.[2] According to Mukesh Sharma, Managing Director and CEO of Runner Automobiles Ltd., the demand for motorbikes increases when GDP per capita adjusted for Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) exceeds $4000. He further mentioned that Bangladesh’s GDP per capita (adjusted for PPP) currently stands at around $4561, which explains why growth has come so quickly for the industry.[4] As the country’s middle class continues to grow in prominence, the industry will continue to experience growing sales.

The government of Bangladesh has also taken steps to empower the motorbike industry. Last year, it implemented the National Motorcycle Industry Development Policy 2018, which aims to diversify the country’s manufacturing and exports, creating jobs in the process. The policy is expected to raise the sales of motorbikes to 0.5 million by 2021 and 1 million by 2027.[6] According to Bijoy Kumar Mondol, CFO and company secretary of HMCL Niloy Bangladesh, the market is projected to grow to 1 million units within three to four years.[3]

Potential Stumbling Blocks
Despite the upward thrust the industry is experiencing right now, there still remains a few key issues that need to be dealt with if the local market expects to remain a catalyst for growth in the long run. Around 70% of the component parts used by local manufacturers/assemblers are imported, while only 30% are sourced locally.[2] Essentially, this means that the vast majority of the manufacturing process is being subjected to supplementary duties. In order to be competitive in the long run, local manufacturers need to establish local backward linkages by domestically manufacturing the majority of component parts. In addition, even though registration costs have come down, it is still high.

However, according to the National Motorcycle Industry Development Policy 2018, registration costs will be adjusted in accordance with the neighboring countries, keeping in mind the industry’s expansion.6 Additionally, financial institutions in Bangladesh do not provide adequate financing options to potential buyers of motorbikes. This lack of credit suppresses the demand to some extent, however, BRAC Bank and City Bank have recently started providing some financing options to potential motorbike buyers.[2] The biggest challenge the industry faces is competition from Indian brands, which collectively hold the lion’s share of the market.[2]

Bangladesh-Motorbike-Market-Share.png

FIGURE: Market Share of Motorbikes by Company / Source: IDLC Monthly Business Review

The Way Forward
The motorbike industry has great potential to become a source of growth in the country. The rise of ride-sharing apps have created a bustling market for economic means of transportation and has also generated employment for many.[8]

For the industry, becoming even more competitive than Indian brands by cutting costs and offering better value is a key step. Establishing backward linkages domestically should be a priority. Financial institutions can play a key role in this development by offering financing options that can stimulate demand and bolster sales. Perhaps the industry’s biggest scope lies in what may at first glance appear to be an unrelated area: the smartphone industry and the rise of ride-sharing apps.

Motorbike-Value-Cycle-800x138.png

As the middle class grows in Bangladesh, smartphone usage has also dramatically increased. It is the ninth-largest smartphone market by unique consumers and as of 2017, smartphone penetration reached half of the population at 51%.[9] This is expected to grow with a CAGR of 3% to 82% (107 million users) by 2025.[9] Ride-sharing apps such as Pathao and Uber have benefitted from the motorcycle industry’s growth as they have been able to reach more customers and have further increased demand for motorbikes, causing more people to purchase motorbikes in order to make money through these apps.[4][6] It makes sense to hypothesize that as smartphone penetration increases and ride-sharing apps soar in popularity, motorbike sales will continue to grow.

As things stand now, the local motorcycle industry should grow as long as the economy stays strong. However, if the government gives in to BGMEA’s demands for the competitive devaluation of the currency, the local motorcycle industry will be hit hard.[10] As local manufacturing is greatly dependent on imported parts, a devalued currency will raise costs, making motorbikes less affordable and competitive. Concrete efforts must be made to develop quality local vendors for component parts and build strong backward linkages to maintain/encourage the growth of this industry.

References

These are the bikes Bangladeshi Bikers look up to, Yamaha Boulevard 1800cc M109R (shaft drive) in cruiser category.

And 1300cc Hayabusa in Sports category.

Last edited:
As far as I’m concerned Royal Enfield and Old monk rum are the only two quality and classy products to come out of India.. it’s trusty a classic and comparing it to mass market bikes like Honda’s, Suzuki’s are Yamahas is just being salty and moronic.. Might as well say a Harley is as shit

But but , it's better than Honda ! Honda is actually no where closer to Royal Enfield! :undecided: , Oh shut up you Bangladeshi , you do not know anything about Bike riding.:shout: , you only need CT type bike for commuting , you do not deserve Royal Enfield !:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The bottom line is , this article were written and the complain was filed by Jamati Mullahs , to embarrass the land of Milk and honey! :sarcastic:

He is doing his holy duty by demonize everything of Kufra Evil Hindu including the bike they made. It is not his fault.

He is doing his holy duty by demonize everything of Kufra Evil Hindu including the bike they made. It is not his fault.

Real nice.

Branding people as Jamati if they question the quality of anything made in "Mahaan" India.

Make a half-a$$ decent bike for the money and we will buy it. The market is open, lower middle class people are buying Bajaj 150cc's in droves. At 1.5 lacs a pop.

RE ain't worth the bhakt hoopla when it shuts down in the middle of highway. I mean WTF?!?

You could get killed in these things. Get it right.

Back
Top Bottom