What's new

Rohingya!

No sanctions or even proposed sanctions. Any resolution against MM gets vetoed. End of story.

Take all the press statements you want to the bank, you can even have one for each Rohingya that enters to BD...or have just one big one. All worth the same.

Again just need to watch the results on the ground now.
Are you a stupid or something? UNSC is just your mama's kitchen or what?
They start by asking something to be done. If not done then they will start squeezing the grip. Sanction and military intervention are the very last resort.

I did not find the exact deliberation of the UNSC but no mention of ARSA. Thats a great victory for Rohingya.. ;) They did not equate ARSA attack and Govt response.

10:20 AM, September 14, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 10:38 AM, September 14, 2017
176 ethnic Rohingya villages now empty after all residents fled: Myanmar presidential spokesman
capture_103.jpg

Newly arrived Rohingya refugees wait for their turn to collect building material for their shelters at the Kutupalong camp in Bangladesh on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. Photo: AP
Associated Press, Bangkok

Myanmar presidential spokesman has said 176 ethnic Rohingya villages are now empty after all residents fled.

http://www.thedailystar.net/world/r...m_medium=newsurl&utm_term=all&utm_content=all

10:20 AM, September 14, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 10:38 AM, September 14, 2017
176 ethnic Rohingya villages now empty after all residents fled: Myanmar presidential spokesman
capture_103.jpg

Newly arrived Rohingya refugees wait for their turn to collect building material for their shelters at the Kutupalong camp in Bangladesh on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. Photo: AP
Associated Press, Bangkok

Myanmar presidential spokesman has said 176 ethnic Rohingya villages are now empty after all residents fled.

http://www.thedailystar.net/world/r...m_medium=newsurl&utm_term=all&utm_content=all

It's funny you see because Bangalis joined our enemy India to rape, kill and fight their own Pakistani Muslim brothers and here we have some Pakistanis defending Bangalis. I'm not sure if these people are actually serious. I hope not.

@MastanKhan (related a bit to your stance) every now and then an opportunity knocks at the doors of spineless Pakistanis and they start looking sideways, searching for a new daddy to look to. india used its influence in Bangladesh and tried isolating Pakistan, and it succeeded ..... now an opportunity arises to counter that mend ties between two nations ......... but ignorant racist Pakistanis still refuse to forget what happened in 1971 (when most of them weren't even born then), imagine the defeat new Dehli would feel when they loose Bangladesh ....... but what to do, can't help narrow minded racists to think broader ....... they think they are doing a service to Pakistan by lending unconditional support to a new daddy but in reality they have zero knowledge of region and whats happening in this region. I am sure they aren't even aware of customer locking concept ......... the CPEC was first step to it ..... but somehow that too translated into slavery. Global influence and using that influence to make our voice being heard and earn respect for Pakistan are alien terms for them ......... they want to live in a pond with their eyes closed and thinking now we have found a new daddy and nobody is going to hurt us. Laughable or pitiable I find it hard to make my mind.

Are you a stupid or something? UNSC is just your mama's kitchen or what?
They start by asking something to be done. If not done then they will start squeezing the grip. Sanction and military intervention are the very last resort.

I did not find the exact deliberation of the UNSC but no mention of ARSA. Thats a great victory for Rohingya.. ;) They did not equate ARSA attack and Govt response.

LOL, nothing will happen. Its plain as day to see. I have seen UNSC operate this way multiple times....especially when they clearly failed on bringing any simple resolution in the past on same issue:

http://www.un.org/press/en/2007/sc8939.doc.htm

It's a bit of double-jeopardy situation with a little optics thrown in to assuage a bit....but in the end more Rohingya coming your way. If UNSC were serious they would have mentioned a time frame and what the threatened sanctions are. 400,000 soon to be 500,000 is not some small number of people that they simply can treat as a slow ask and squeeze the grip later style method. Either you are going to punish and reprimand a state actor with something real, or you aren't....and merely giving them a few words of displeasure they can safely ignore.

Saying there is no mention of ARSA, is saying there is no mention of Burma in the sentence talking about the violence. Clearly no blame has been assigned to one side exclusively. This means China and Russia will continue to arm Burmese long term to deal with the issue (they are both free to support MM govt against ARSA explicitly like the Chinese ambassador to BD himself said*)...because there is no arms embargo or even censure on the matter....and not even a threat of those...AFTER 400,000 have already fled....AND more on the way.

But hey if you want to cling onto this, go ahead. You were the guy crying its time to time to time to....and nothing happened. Watch the same with this as well. BD is such a used and abused piece of $#%# that its not even funny anymore.

*http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017...lames-rohingyas-for-current-crisis-in-myanmar

@MastanKhan (related a bit to your stance) every now and then an opportunity knocks at the doors of spineless Pakistanis and they start looking sideways, searching for a new daddy to look to. india used its influence in Bangladesh and tried isolating Pakistan, and it succeeded ..... now an opportunity arises to counter that mend ties between two nations ......... but ignorant racist Pakistanis still refuse to forget what happened in 1971 (when most of them weren't even born then), imagine the defeat new Dehli would feel when they loose Bangladesh ....... but what to do, can't help narrow minded racists to think broader ....... they think they are doing a service to Pakistan by lending unconditional support to a new daddy but in reality they have zero knowledge of region and whats happening in this region. I am sure they aren't even aware of customer locking concept ......... the CPEC was first step to it ..... but somehow that too translated into slavery. Global influence and using that influence to make our voice being heard and earn respect for Pakistan are alien terms for them ......... they want to live in a pond with their eyes closed and thinking now we have found a new daddy and nobody is going to hurt us. Laughable or pitiable I find it hard to make my mind.

Hi,

When the citizens of a nation are lost---all is lost---.

Bangladesh is happy with its independence and we should also be happy that they have found what they were looking for.

but ignorant racist Pakistanis still refuse to forget what happened in 1971 (when most of them weren't even born then)
:rofl: right, while they still demand official apology from us to this very day but we are the ones living in the past?

Pakistan Needs To Apologize For War Crimes, Says Bangladesh Government- Express Tribune

Anyhow, as regards the Rohingya, I have no issue in providing them food and medical assistance. Certainly no one wants to be in that kind of situation. And yes, as a Muslim I do sympathize with them. But Pakistan is in no position to contradict big daddy China what with all the big investments the Chinese have made in Pakistan.

Whether you like that or not its the reality.

Hi,

When the citizens of a nation are lost---all is lost---.

Bangladesh is happy with its independence and we should also be happy that they have found what they were looking for.
I think it was an unnatural union with two parts separated by more than 2500 km of hostile enemy land and big differences in language, culture and climatic conditions. Today, they are taking care of themselves and we are happy with that. However, the need is both countries to have good relations however the current anti-Pakistan stance of their govt is detrimental and now Bd is finding itself isolated and in hot waters.

Last edited:
Mark Farmaner,
Contributor Director,
Burma Campaign UK

Only One Person Can Stop Ethnic Cleansing In Myanmar, And It Isn’t Aung San Suu Kyi
Min Aung Hlaing should be treated as a pariah by now.
09/13/2017 03:42 pm ET
59b844ce1a00007100f06591.jpeg

SOE ZEYA TUN / REUTERS
General Min Aung Hlaing in Yangon,
Myanmar. July 19, 2016

LONDON — If you haven’t been paying much attention to events in Myanmar recently, you might be shocked or surprised by Aung San Suu Kyi. Yes, her response to the violence in Rakhine state, on the country’s west coast, has been extremely disappointing. No, she shouldn’t be denying that human rights abuses are happening. Yes, she should be speaking out in defense of the Rohingya. No, you can’t take away her Nobel Peace Prize; there is no mechanism for doing so. No one knows for sure why she has taken this attitude towards the Rohingya, so stop asking.

Having got that out the way, let’s focus on what’s happening to the Rohingya right now, and what can be done about it.

The military in Myanmar, led by commander-in-chief Min Aung Hlaing, has launched a major military operation against Rohingya civilians using the pretext of hunting
down militants who attacked government buildings, including police stations on Aug. 25. Since the offensive began, almost 400,000 Rohingya have fled to Bangladesh. According to Rohingya sources in exile and on the ground in Myanmar, there are an estimated 100,000 or more who have been internally displaced. Perhaps 5,000 people have been killed.

While the world focuses on Aung San Suu Kyi, the man responsible for these horrific abuses gets little condemnation.

Horrific human rights violations have been committed — executions, beheadings, people being deliberately burned alive in their homes. Even children are being deliberately targeted by the military, security forces and armed militias and mobs. It’s not surprising that the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, described the military attacks against the Rohingya as a “textbook example of ethnic cleansing.”

But while the world focuses on Suu Kyi, the man responsible for these horrific abuses doesn’t get mentioned in government statements or the vast majority of media articles. Min Aung Hlaing is calling the shots. Articles about Suu Kyi are exactly what he wants to see; with more focus on her and none on him, he has more freedom to carry out his ethnic cleansing campaign.

Under Myanmar’s military-drafted constitution, Suu Kyi does not have control over the army. It is independent of her civilian-led government. The army controls the police, security services, prisons, border affairs and most of the civil service, and also appoints 25 percent of the members of parliament. Because 75 percent of MPs need to vote in favor of a constitutional change, Min Aung Hlaing effectively has a veto. He leads a second government in Myanmar, one armed with guns.

Min Aung Hlaing is guilty of ethnic cleansing and under investigation for war crimes, but he is embraced by the international community. This must change.
Min Aung Hlaing should be well known and treated as a pariah by now. He leads an army with one of the worst human rights records in the world. Even before this latest military offensive, it was under investigation by the U.N. for possible war crimes and crimes against humanity against the Rohingya and other ethnic groups in Myanmar. Even after reforms began, Min Aung Hlaing’s army has been engaged in domestic conflicts, most recently in Kachin State and Shan State, where his soldiers killed civilians.

Min Aung Hlaing is guilty of ethnic cleansing, he is under investigation for war crimes and crimes against humanity and he is the biggest obstacle to democratic reform in Myanmar. Nevertheless, not only is he not facing international pressure, he is embraced by the international community.

Last October, President Obama lifted most of the U.S. sanctions specifically targeting Myanmar’s military. In Europe, the British government provides the military with training at British taxpayers’ expense. Earlier this year, Min Aung Hlaing was given red-carpet treatment by the governments of Germany and Austria. They discussed military training and took him on tours of factories supplying military equipment. He was also taken to visit suppliers of military equipment on his visit to Italy last year. The European Union even invited him to address their prestigious annual meeting of military heads of EU countries.

Every tool available — diplomatic, legal, economic — must be employed to apply maximum pressure on Min Aung Hlaing.
In Asia, Min Aung Hlaing has completed visits to India and Japan this year, even meeting prime ministers in those countries. As he began his campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya, he met military heads from Vietnam and Thailand to discuss closer military ties.

The international embrace of Min Aung Hlaing, despite his record on human rights, must have played a part in his calculation that he could carry out this campaign of ethnic cleansing and get away with it. So far, he appears to have calculated correctly.

This must change. It is time his sense of impunity ended. Every tool available — diplomatic, legal, economic — must be employed to apply maximum pressure on Min Aung Hlaing. Military training and cooperation must be stopped and replaced by a policy of critical engagement. Visa bans, not red carpets, should be rolled out by the international community. Countries should impose unilateral arms embargoes until a U.N.-mandated global arms embargo can be negotiated. Countries with existing arms embargoes should expand those embargoes to cover supplying equipment of any kind to the military. Military-owned companies should be targeted with sanctions, taking care to avoid hurting the general population. The Security Council should refer the situation in Myanmar to the International Criminal Court.

There are no shortage of options for pressuring Min Aung Hlaing to stop his campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya. All that is lacking is political will. The lives of the Rohingya and other ethnic groups and the prospects of a genuinely democratic Myanmar depend on that will being found.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/myanmar-rohingya-aung-san-suu-kyi_us_59b83175e4b02da0e13cf59f

That in fact is not correct and over simplification to deal all of them in a single sentence. Over generalised and illogical approach I must say.

Pakistan is not helping Checkens and nothing is going on in Chechnya at the moment, it has an establishment govt for more than 10 years and working properly...so the red-herring # 1 got shot down :sniper:

Pakistan supports Palestine like most of the countries in the world and it is limited to the diplomatic support. Pakistan is not involved militarily there at all. Iran is helping Palestinians militarily.
Kashmir is an unfinished agenda of the partition and the UN has recognised so Pakistan supports Kashmiri freedom struggle.
For Rohingya, no one is asking for sending Pakistan army to Burma rather people want the diplomatic support and humanitarian aid. Also impose sanctions on the oppressive regime through UNO to stop the state terrorism against a minority.

Pakistan is fighting a war because of a wrong decision by an idiot rat and an absconder poopy who is living in UAE. If he didn't bent over and join a WoT under abominable conditions, Pakistan won't be facing any such issues today. There was no terrorism in Pakistan before that. So let's not mix things up and it would be like treating the cancer with Alvedon (Panadol).

Why can't we force an oppressive regime to stop the genocide of a whole minority?

Your reply only reiterates your original post to be illogical. You previously mentioned Pakistani people on the streets, now in this post you are mentioning Pakistan which i can take as stance of GOP then? If that is so then you seem very confused. Make up your mind first whose point you want to put across instead of jumping here and there since People of Pakistan and GOP are two different entities.

Now I can give two types of replies, one taking the pov of people of pakistan and other from GOP pov, but make it clear first as i dont want to waste my time.

:rofl: right, while they still demand official apology from us to this very day but we are the ones living in the past?

Pakistan Needs To Apologize For War Crimes, Says Bangladesh Government- Express Tribune

Anyhow, as regards the Rohingya, I have no issue in providing them food and medical assistance. Certainly no one wants to be in that kind of situation. And yes, as a Muslim I do sympathize with them. But Pakistan is in no position to contradict big daddy China what with all the big investments the Chinese have made in Pakistan.

Whether you like that or not its the reality.
They can shove that demand up theirs...We are not supporting Rohingya because of any love for this gremlin. It is a humanitarian issue.

Last edited:
It is not necessary to send Army, nothing should stop us from standing with the oppressed, Pakistan government should allow its relief workers to travel there and help out those helpless people. If we can send aid to China during Earth quakes and floods, then Rohingya are more deserving of our help.

i agree, once own interests are catered for, then help can be sent across externally also. I do think that even UN aid arriving in Myanmar for Rohingayas has been blocked.

Now I can give two types of replies, one taking the pov of people of pakistan and other from GOP pov, but make it clear first as i dont want to waste my time.
That's arrogance. You better not waste your time and faaar more importantly mine..As far as, I remember, you replied/quoted to my post first and not vice versa.

Last edited:
Why should Pakistanis be worried about Palestinians.

What have the Palestinians done for Kashmiris's rights?

Lets worry about Pakistan first.

My thoughts exactly. Thats how it should be but sometimes on ground reality is different. I would worry about Pakistan first and foremost too.

Back
Top Bottom