What's new

Rohingya Muslim refugees face fresh misery as Bangladesh welcome runs out

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...cal-clashes-workers-food-border-a8121231.html

The thread title is not really what I want to discuss, but the below.

"The Independent has found Rohingya boys as young as 14 are working from dawn to dusk in rice fields outside the makeshift settlements of Cox’s Bazar for as little as 300 taka (less than £3) a day, about half the normal local wage"

So Indian and Myanmarese trolls are making it look like they are some kind of paradise where poverty stricken BD'shis would like to migrate to? The above clearly shows that an uneducated farm labourer in BD is getting over 7 dollars a day which comes to around 160 US dollars a month.

@Nilgiri;
@Aung Zaya ;
@Śakra

So where is your argument now that your poverty stricken entities are overflowing with desperate BD'shis?

PS - BD needs to stamp down on the exploitation of Rohingyas by greedy landowners, and since they should not be working anyway there is absolutely no need for any employment competition between BD'shis and Rohingyas.

The world has collectively forgotten and failed the Rohingyas.

This is a bilateral issue between Bangladesh and Myanmar that'll probably last decades.
No, this is not a bilateral issue between Bangladesh and burma.If any other muslim country shared border with burma besides Bangladesh, they could also have faced the same refugee crisis.This is not a bilateral dispute between Bangladesh and burma.Main point is burma stripped away Rohingya citizenship, killing and driving them away.It is clearly a global humanitarian issue.Burmese don't care where Rohingya go away as long as they are not inside burma.If all the Rohingya go to Pakistan, burmese are perfectly fine with it.So how it became a bilateral issue between BD and burma? Muslim Bangladesh is just a victim of sharing border with a country who want to get rid of it's unwanted muslim population by hook or by crook and BD had to accept it as a humanitarian obligation as the nearest country.

Turkey had to accept 2 million Syrian refugee.Does that mean Syrian crisis is a bilateral dispute between Syria and Turkey?

Last edited:
Trying to wash your dirty hands?

You need to change that pic quickly. You are not worthy of it.
Stop crying ,grow a pair there are 57 other muslim countries, Israel is a small country

@Nilgiri :

Still waiting for our resident economist to turn up who knows more than the IMF,World Bank etc about the true state of the BD economy.

600 Taka works out to be 7.3 dollars a day. Is UK Guardian making this up and in cohorts with BBS?

Poor souls, imagine living a life where no one in the world cares for you, not even Bangladesh. you are as good to the world as living or as dead. I feel sorry for them.:cry:

So Indian and Myanmarese trolls are making it look like they are some kind of paradise where poverty stricken BD'shis would like to migrate to? The above clearly shows that an uneducated farm labourer in BD is getting over 7 dollars a day which comes to around 160 US dollars a month.

Average worker in Bangladesh earns 80% of one in Myanmar and less than half of one in India. @dy1022

Thats from International Labour Organisation. Reply again and I will post the link (its been posted many times already).

BDeshis illegally migrate to neighbours for a host of regions, not just poverty (though thats a large one)....not to mention normal distribution applies to BDesh like anywhere else (i.e a large chunk of people earning way worse than the average and thus seek economic activity wherever the hubs are, even ones that will make them illegal if they can get away with it and/or are desperate enough). Don't need to take my word for it, check what the 3rd party folks say (pure analysis on only economic based migration):

http://www.global-migration.info/

But thanks for posting yet another story to show the real state of so called Bangladesh brotherhood to Rohingya that it tries to use anyway in the fake world globalist optics. I am sure @Chinese-Dragon will find the OP article interesting.

Average worker in Bangladesh earns 80% of one in Myanmar and less than half of one in India. @dy1022

Thats from International Labour Organisation. Reply again and I will post the link (its been posted many times already).

BDeshis illegally migrate to neighbours for a host of regions, not just poverty (though thats a large one)....not to mention normal distribution applies to BDesh like anywhere else (i.e a large chunk of people earning way worse than the average and thus seek economic activity wherever the hubs are, even ones that will make them illegal if they can get away with it and/or are desperate enough). Don't need to take my word for it, check what the 3rd party folks say (pure analysis on only economic based migration):

http://www.global-migration.info/

But thanks for posting yet another story to show the real state of so called Bangladesh brotherhood to Rohingya that it tries to use anyway in the fake world globalist optics. I am sure @Chinese-Dragon will find the OP article interesting.

You are desperate as your "analysis" of the BD economy has been proven to be bull with this Guardian report.

BD's economy is so strong that it requires a wage of over 7 dollars a day to hire an uneducated farm labourer.
If you think that anyone neutral will now believe that a desperate BD'shi will move to another country, rather than stay in his own where he can earn more than 7 dollars a day out in the fields you are a complete imbecile. Anyone who is relatively fit can work in a field in BD and earn more than 7 dollars a day and so that is their earning potential.

PS - In my home region of Sylhet the rate is more like 10 dollars a day, due to the loss of large chunks of the local population due to emigration to the West and ME. In Sylhet it is sometimes impossible to get labourers at any price.

PSS - BD government will soon clamp down on the greedy landowners who are illegally employing Rohingyas, and the locals will be getting their jobs back at a daily rate of more than 7 dollars a day. Then there will be no reason for any resentment towards Rohingyas from locals.

You are desperate as your "analysis" of the BD economy has been proven to be bull with this Guardian report.

BD's economy is so strong that it requires a wage of over 7 dollars a day to hire an uneducated farm labourer.
If you think that anyone neutral will now believe that a desperate BD'shi will move to another country, rather than stay in his own where he can earn more than 7 dollars a day out in the fields you are a complete imbecile. Anyone who is relatively fit can work in a field in BD and earn more than 7 dollars a day and so that is their earning potential.

PS - In my home region of Sylhet the rate is more like 10 dollars a day, due to the loss of large chunks of the local population due to emigration to the West and ME. In Sylhet it is sometimes impossible to get labourers at any price.

PSS - BD government will soon clamp down on the greedy landowners who are illegally employing Rohingyas, and the locals will be getting their jobs back at a daily rate of more than 7 dollars a day. Then there will be no reason for any resentment towards Rohingyas from locals.

OK if you say so lol. I stick with the ILO stats and what a BD worker actually manages to output, earn and consume compared to the ones in Myanmar and India.

Given the lack of development in India, I shudder to think what a country where the workers earn half of even that is faring....and totally not surprised there is a sizeable economic migration push.

Like how UN DESA basically states 60% of all BD people outside BD are in India....and some BDee here quoted a chart from them in another thread not realising that haha. You lot sure crack me up.

OK if you say so lol. I stick with the ILO stats and what a BD worker actually manages to output, earn and consume compared to the ones in Myanmar and India.

Given the lack of development in India, I shudder to think what a country where the workers earn half of even that is faring....and totally not surprised there is a sizeable economic migration push.

Like how UN DESA basically states 60% of all BD people outside BD are in India....and some BDee here quoted a chart from them in another thread not realising that haha. You lot sure crack me up.

Ok. You know more than Guardian or someone from Sylhet who knows the chronic labour shortage in the district and the 10 dollars a day minimum it takes to hire the lowest labourer - that is provided the labour is even available.
I have completely destroyed your agenda with respects to questioning the credibility of BBS data
and so accept defeat and go spend your time with some other hobby now.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom