What's new

Rogozin to visit India to fix agenda for Putin-Modi summit

I can confirm some of the agenda points as per the sources.
  1. Top Priority is signing of S-400 Deal
  2. Super Sukhoi upgrade
  3. IL78MKI tanker fleet
  4. Agreement of FGFA and a talk (not agreement) of sourcing PAKFA Stage 1 - 5 squadrons in timeline of 2021-25 directly from Russia
  5. A FTA agreement between Russian block in energy segment with Belarus and some other countries
  6. Discussion of Second N sub lease and third sub interest.
  7. 6 nuclear reactors in nuclear power plant for Nellore (discussed already may be formal announcement)
  8. Another site in coastal Andhra will be used for 6 VVER Nuclear Reactors based power project. This was earlier in West Bengal so that is coming to coastal side of Chandra babu Naidu's state
  9. Ka226 order signing
  10. 3 Project 11356 ships for India will be discussed

Will try to find some more and post here

Sukhoi upgrade and MTA delays are most dangerous thing happening to IAF followed by PAK FA. Rest of them can wait.

MTA is dead. some disagreement over engine power
That and FADEC issues.

I can confirm some of the agenda points as per the sources.
  1. Top Priority is signing of S-400 Deal
  2. Super Sukhoi upgrade
  3. IL78MKI tanker fleet
  4. Agreement of FGFA and a talk (not agreement) of sourcing PAKFA Stage 1 - 5 squadrons in timeline of 2021-25 directly from Russia
  5. A FTA agreement between Russian block in energy segment with Belarus and some other countries
  6. Discussion of Second N sub lease and third sub interest.
  7. 6 nuclear reactors in nuclear power plant for Nellore (discussed already may be formal announcement)
  8. Another site in coastal Andhra will be used for 6 VVER Nuclear Reactors based power project. This was earlier in West Bengal so that is coming to coastal side of Chandra babu Naidu's state
  9. Ka226 order signing
  10. 3 Project 11356 ships for India will be discussed

Will try to find some more and post here

I need S400 in Indian colors so badd.....

Nope. Rafale it is .. French(West)>Russia. Also I believe Rafale is better suited for Navy. :smitten:

MiG-29 at $40 million with Total ToT compared to $225 million for Rafale with limited ToT
You could build a MiG-29 and discard it for 10 years

What will be the life time cost of f16 or f18 with weapons, training ?

Should not India go for Fgfa stage-1 expect buying of any 4th gen.
Is Fgfa costly then f16 block 70 ,fa -18 , rafale or they have any technology advantage?

Rafale first for MII and then later PAK-FA with new engines while upgraded Rafale for navy.

Is rafale have any superior technology then Pakfa ....?

Is rafale cost effective?
More stealthy?
Greater radar?
Weapon system?

Or only because it is rafale ?

Or if Pakfa can't compare rafale on same cost then we are in deep trouble and should rethink for our future fighter.

Why not navel version of Pakfa(Fgfa)

Is rafale have any superior technology then Pakfa ....?

Is rafale cost effective?
More stealthy?
Greater radar?
Weapon system?

Or only because it is rafale ?

Or if Pakfa can't compare rafale on same cost then we are in deep trouble and should rethink for our future fighter.

Why not navel version of Pakfa(Fgfa)
Sir, you need to follow both pak fa and rafale sticky threads for more info on this.

Few points i can tell you(it has been discussed countless times in the threads mentioned above).
Fgfa is still sometime away(we still haven't signed the development agreement with Russia) and IAF's fighter squadrons are depleting fast due to the retirement of older jets.
Both fighter jets are of different weight category and will play different roles in IAF's doctrine. Pak fa is heavy weight air superiority fighter while rafales are medium weight multirole(deep strike) fighter aircrafts.

That's the basics for now, you need to follow the sticky threads on both fighter jets programs for a depeer knowledge on their capacities as well and their future in the IAF.

Last edited:
Sir ,I mentioned here words related this thread , why not we discuss with Putin for pakfa make in India, expect looking for any 4 gen fighter . Because cost will be almost same .

Not asking for Fgfa I m asking for Pakfa already Russia started production.

I m sorry sir but Pakfa not a air superior fighter , it is a multi role fighter can strike deep with a range of 5500 km as per weki.

Weight category would be a point but is this a so big point that we go for a generation old fighter?

Sir ,I mentioned here words related this thread , why not we discuss with Putin for pakfa make in India, expect looking for any 4 gen fighter . Because cost will be almost same .

Not asking for Fgfa I m asking for Pakfa already Russia started production.

I m sorry sir but Pakfa not a air superior fighter , it is a multi role fighter can strike deep with a range of 5500 km as per weki.

Weight category would be a point but is this a so big point that we go for a generation old fighter?
The original plan was to buy the customised pak fa according to our needs(fgfa). However, the project got delayed and now we are facing the retirement of our older migs.
Even now the main development agreement between india-russia is to develop the fgfa(now pmf). And they will be manufactured in India but if we go for the inhouse production of pak fa now it will add another 5-6 years of negotiations plus the settings up of the manufacturing unit in India. The HAL manufacturing line which will make pakfa(fgfa) in future is already busy with the last remaining sukhoi 30s. Plus even if we make plans to acquire pak fa alone with 16 planes per year it will not be enough to fulfill the gap created by the close to 400 jets that are being retired in the due time. IAF needs 44 squadrons or more to guard against the combined threat of China and Pakistan, we are already short of the required squadron level and cannot further afford to have the gap in our operational capabilities.
The plans to acquire rafales goes back to 1999 when after the kargil IAF asked the MOD to buy more mirage 2000 in addition to its existing fleet. By the time we placed the order the Dassault had already closed the production line for newer rafales. Hence after the throughout evaluation in the MMRCA the Rafale was chosen. So the need was always there. Only we got stuck in complex negotiations and hence the project got further delayed.
Offcourse pak fa is a multi role fighter aircraft but it will be primarily used for the Air Superiority missions hence it is more suitable for that role, the rafales are also multirole fighters but they are excellent in deep strike missions(what mirage-2000 did during kargil).Mind you rafales are not 4th but 4.5 generation fighter aircrafts and they are as close to being a fifth gen. fighters except the very low observable features.

We can make a order for some Russian made of the self Pakfa (30-40jets).
And rest make in India if required.
And if we go for any other 4th gen jets rafale f-16,f-18 for make in India it will also take 3-4 year so it is not a point.

Yes u are right if we could purchased rafale in 2009-10 that could be a good decision .
36 rafale are good but more 4 or 4.5 is not a great decision.

There is nothing in rafale extra ordinary only IRST is great , spectra is only a brand for advertisement.

Sort of squadron ,,, I don't think big matter only media hype.
We have ordered

1.Sukhoi 30 mki (super upgrade) - 312
2. Mig 29 (kub upgrade ). - 69
3.mirage(2000-5mark2upgrade )- 51
4.jaguar (upgraded,). - 145
5.Tejas1 and Mark 1a(ordered) - 120
6. Rafale (almost cleared deal) - 36

Total. - 733 jets

Per squadron 18 jets -
733/18 =41 squadron

Plus add navel Mig 29k also
Plus future ucav baron tp, rustum , possibly predator

So we are lacking any squadron sir.
This Is only for making pressure by rich weapon manufacturing houses...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom