What's new

Robin Raphel Handed Over Classified Documents to Pakistani officials.

Pakistan also has options in this regard, please do not forget that.

US will throw a couple of billion Pakistan's way for a few more years. I for one wouldn't think anything drastic will happen as far as the relations - if one can call that - goes. You have lost US as an ally a long while back - in may 2011 - to be exact.

Anyways, it's of little concern to us, till the US keeps India and Pakistan dehyphenated.

US will throw a couple of billion Pakistan's way for a few more years. I for one wouldn't think anything drastic will happen as far as the relations - if one can call that - goes. You have lost US as an ally a long while back - in may 2011 - to be exact.

Anyways, it's of little concern to us, till the US keeps India and Pakistan dehyphenated.

I agree that the changes will be gradual and not drastic. The entire area from Libya to Pakistan will look very different in the next decade or so.

Democrats sanctioned India.

Republicans lifted those sanctions.

People may like the clintons due to personality but Republicans suit our national interests.

The first time I agreed with Swaminathan Ankalesariyar was when he stated how defeat of McCain by Obama was a bad news for India. When Obama won, all the Indians had begun cheering as if Obama was their family member, even when they didn't know his full name.

What is worse, the US President who did the most for India (much more than many Indian politicians), was demonized in India and when Manmohan Singh told George W Bush that he was liked by Indians, I saw people coming out in streets to protest saying that Manmohan's sentiments are not the sentiments of the people of India and that George W Bush should be prosecuted for war crimes in Iraq (as if it was not Iraq but some Indian state) ! Surely, Indians also celebrated election of the same Obama who left no stone unturned to keep the Indian polity divided, mainly on religious lines.

Now that is an interesting question. Whether the next President is a Democrat or a Republican will depend a lot on what happens over the next two years, specially the economy. The foreign policies will not change all that much either way.

I would disagree with that statement. I have seen a greater deviation in US's foreign policy during Obama's tenure than during Bush's, Clinton's, or even Sr. Bush's. Allowing the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, warming up with Iranians, and abandoning Afghanistan are some of the unexpected changes with long lasting implications that we wouldn't have seen had it been for a Republican President.

I would disagree with that statement. I have seen a greater deviation in US's foreign policy during Obama's tenure than during Bush's, Clinton's, or even Sr. Bush's. Allowing the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, warming up with Iranians, and abandoning Afghanistan are some of the unexpected changes with long lasting implications that we wouldn't have seen had it been for a Republican President.

Obama's tenure has more in common with GWB in terms of foreign policy than any differences, and this continuity is likely to carry on with the next occupant of the White House.

What would you guys do if Hillary became the next US President? :D

I don't think the Democrats will survive the forthcoming elections - What are the chances of Bobby Jindal being the next Vice-Presidential candidate from the Republican Party?

I don't think the Democrats will survive the forthcoming elections - What are the chances of Bobby Jindal being the next Vice-Presidential candidate from the Republican Party?

He had his chance, but his TV speech blew it. This time it is not likely.

Back
Top Bottom