What's new

Roads in New Delhi vs Karachi

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_0394.jpg

If one visits Delhi now its looking like a city under construction.

Recently the Mayor of Paris visited Delhi and have said that it was the same for Paris years back.

You will not find a single road where the construction and beautification is not going on.

Due to commonwealth games.

Wow man you really seem to live in alternate reality.
Delhi is - like rest of India - a picture of contrasts. You will find nicest of roads in Central Delhi surrounding India gate and all - for the rest its just plain patchy.

The ring road is a prime example of a poorly executed idea. Office hours and the roads are packed like cans of sardines. Bumper to bumper does not even begin to describe it. And the same BRT corridor highlighted quite frequently, is the cause of maybe the biggest traffic jams in south east asia.

Karachi is also not too different - though Islamabad is a class apart.
(Yeh I have been there).

I dont know about the roads but Delhi and Mumbai certainly have the worst traffic congestion of what I have ever experienced. Heck I enjoy so much when driving in smaller teir 2 cities like Jaipur and Lucknow than to slog it out during office hours in Delhi / Mumbai.

Specially for the CWG - entire delhi seems like a big construction site. All the roads - flyovers are under construction. the city now a days lookssick. Specially the CP area has a completely demolished look. Hope they fix it up soon in time for GWG in October. I for one - am not very confident of getting all traffic vows being solved by the CWG construction. Oh have typed too much - maybe am very frustrated with traffic.

Hell ,You are getting off topic.
A City with population of more than 11 million will have traffic problems..but what we are talking here is about the roads and infrastructure and undeniably it's great in Delhi

This is Connaught Place :-The buisness suburb of Delhi

Skyscrapers_connaught_place_New_Delhi.JPG

dsc00017bz2.jpg

some other pics...

dscn3874zx4.jpg

Are for real. i'm saying that compare the population and contribution in terms of GDP.

a small city like Islamabad can't be compare with Delhi. One should compare Karachi or Lahore.

If we shift our capital to hill station in Kashmir and makes one dozen high rise buildings and some roads we can't claim it beautiful and best in comparison to old and big cities.

Well read the title of the thread AGAIN..
its says Road........ no population no GDP

The way you are trolling in this thread i can easily link your population to the roads (as most of them do live on roads) and ask you what contributions to GDP you are talking about.

Talking abt isb .. that really shows ur jealousy..
Capital vs Capital.. doesnt matter if some capital is at sea.. Get IT :hitwall:

by one dozen buildings i think with ur level of knowledge u have really counted dozen buildings from the posted pictures only... Man these are few pictures not whole of ISB.

Frog of the Well again comes in my mind.. lol

Last edited:
You Mean like this???

cng-buses-islamabad.jpg

Mate it isn't a low floor bus...Pakistan doesn't have one(as i searched on the net)

Delhi has got 7,129 low floor buses out of which 2,598 are A C buses

These are the ones
busesdelhi.jpg

The Red Buses are AC buses:

Plans are to employ 11,000 buses by the start of CommonWealth Games with 4,000 AC buses from 2,598

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom