What's new

Rizwan presented me with English Quran, I will never forget that beautiful moment: Matthew Hayden

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Former Australia cricketer Matthew Hayden is currently working as the batting coach of Pakistan team in the ongoing T20 World Cup in the UAE. He seems to be enjoying his stint at the moment with the Men in Green also performing well with the bat consistently. Hayden is also impressed with the spiritual culture of the Pakistan team and has sort of connected more with Mohammad Rizwan it seems.

In a recent interaction, Hayden cherished the moment when the Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter presented him with English Quran and also stated he will never forget it. The duo also talked about Islam and the beliefs and Hayden is reading Quran a bit daily.

“It was Rizzy (Mohammad Rizwan) and I have to say it was a beautiful moment I will never forget. I am curious about Islam even though I am a Christian. One follows Christ and the other Muhammad and in a sense never shall meet but he presented me with an English version of the Quran.

“We sat on the floor for half an hour and talked through it. I am reading a bit of it each day. Rizzy is one of my favorite individuals, a champion human being,” Hayden said while speaking to News Corp Australia.

I was taken aback by how neutral and humble these guys are, says Hayden
Matthew Hayden also showered praises on the Pakistan players and admits to have been surprised to see how humble and accepting they were when he entered the dressing room. More than anything else, the 50-year-old is impressed with the spirituality in the squad among all players.

“I was taken aback by how neutral and humble these guys are. How everything is just meant to be. It has been great fun. They are really coachable athletes as well. It stems from a deep sense of spirituality. As a westerner, you don’t realize the implications of having that commitment and faith.

“Even their salat – their five different prayer sessions a day. You can be outside a lift or even in a lift and if it is time for salat that is what happens. These guys connect at a higher level. It’s not like ”how ya going today mate?” Hayden added.

a bit cringey, all this religion everywhere talk from the Pakistanis.. every single interview, press conference

too much bhi mat kro

ok, fine.. you're religious people but can we talk about cricket please ? lol

a bit cringey, all this religion everywhere talk from the Pakistanis.. every single interview, press conference

too much bhi mat kro

Let's make it easy for you. Why don't you leave PDF and NEVER return. No one is forcing you to be here.
I want to invoke Injamam but don't want a warning from mods. :D

Islam offends you as you are a slave of indian hindus and worship them. You are used to shouting jai shreem. Leave it at that.

too much bhi mat kro

Its a private conversation, no pakistani publically proselytising u numpty

Let's make it easy for you. Why don't you leave PDF and NEVER return. No one is forcing you to be here.
but seriously

it's ok to be religious etc but to stuff it in everyone's faces every little opportunity one gets is a bit much.

could we at least try and exchange a few sentences without some religious muttering thrown in there ?

noticed that the great @Joe Shearer sahab is back again

kuch bolo, sir... all yours, quite literally ;)
Its a private conversation, no pakistani publically proselytising u numpty
was making a broader point, I have been following Hayden as Pak batter coach and watched a few interviews of him where he talks about all the spirituality around the squad, gift from Rizwan and all that is good and ok, it's nice even.

but otherwise, every single interview etc here that Pak players have given.. maybe it is just how Pakistanis speak.. there just appeared to be a bit too much religious references, like in every sentence almost "god this, god that"

it's fine, I suppose.. just a bit weird to those of us who are not Pakistani.

but seriously

it's ok to be religious etc but to stuff it in everyone's faces every little opportunity one gets is a bit much.

could we at least try and exchange a few sentences without some religious muttering thrown in there ?

was making a broader point, I have been following Hayden as Pak batter coach and watched a few interviews of him where he talks about all the spirituality around the squad, gift from Rizwan and all that is good and ok, it's nice even.

but otherwise, every single interview etc here that Pak players have given.. maybe it is just how Pakistanis speak.. there just appeared to be a bit too much religious references, like in every sentence almost "god this, god that"

For you people, I understand why religion and specifically Islam is not your thing. Which is why you and your kind should leave a PDF which a Pakistani forum and where Islam plays a role in our culture and way of life. Something which our enemies can NEVER understand.

but seriously

I really don't react to religion, or to religious references, or apart from that to a quartet of intellectually challenged members on PDF, whose posts are not worth the time to read them. I suggest you place them on your ignore list, look carefully and repeatedly at posts by the dozen or so very good minds who are still members (all Pakistani), and glean your good experiences as well as you are allowed to. Forget the religiosity; that is not a feature of the kind of person whom you wish to listen to.

Quran can serve as a great gift for anyone, you don't need to be a Muslim to read or follow the teachings of Quran, and it not just contains religious stuff but science and historical events. But in the end, Guidance is from the Allah Almighty and him alone.

51b9ed7a57f5d.jpg

huty1573537 (1).jpg

From days playboy, party seekers to Good boy Rizwan - Story of PCT
and yes
its cringe (what he did not his personal beliefs - that's his choice)
kobe-bryant-yes.gif

Last edited:
but seriously

Agree with you...cringey

I really don't react to religion, or to religious references, or apart from that to a quartet of intellectually challenged members on PDF, whose posts are not worth the time to read them. I suggest you place them on your ignore list, look carefully and repeatedly at posts by the dozen or so very good minds who are still members (all Pakistani), and glean your good experiences as well as you are allowed to. Forget the religiosity; that is not a feature of the kind of person whom you wish to listen to.
Good advice, yeah, that's basically what I've been doing lately.

Nice to see you here again, hope you're keeping in good health.

Here's a funny thought, imagine if Virat Kohli and the other Indians kept dropping "thanks to Ganesh, or, by the power of Shiv Ji" etc every time they do a post match conference. :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom