What's new

Rising Islamophobia and hatred in the UK

How would Pakistani's be responsible for the anti sentiment ? I know a collegue british posted a picture of Muslim women in England walking and he was complaing what has our country become ...

I was shocked at his attitude , so I believe it , UK is not safe for Pakistanis unless they force the government to protect their rights.

Sue the goberment

Let me pose a counter-question: what if the silent majority indeed actually condones what is being done in their name?

They don't. Even the Silent majority isn't dead. They're silent, they're quiet, good for nothing oafs.

But as soon as these issues affect them personally as individuals, they get a nice rude kick up the backside to put them out of their self-induced coma.

I don't deny that the prevalence of shameful extremism inward or outward is in the words of Samuel L Jackson 'Too damn high!'.

I know a collegue british posted a picture of Muslim women in England walking and he was complaing what has our country become
Of course White British majority would not love Muslim women covered in Burka on British streets. Imagine princess Lady Diana in bikini while on the streets of Lahore.

Here's the story of a 7/7 survivor with a bit of history working against radicalization in the UK, and her take on rising Islamophobia.

Sajda Mughal - Face Your Fears with Louisa Peacock by Face Your Fears podcast on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I don't usually make threads, at least not threads with another particular value to the forum. But I've witnessed a shockingly widespread spike in the hatred for Muslims I see here in the UK. Especially on social media, people with names, reputations, friends and jobs are vocally and clearly showing their hate against us.

This has never bothered me before, I knew it was around, every British Muslim knows this fact. But lately, it's becoming so shockingly open, it has worried me greatly. Almost all the focus of the far-right parties and groups seems to be on Islam and Muslims.

Muslims, unfortunately, are only to willing to fuel the fire with their actions, but nothing can justify the kind of opinions people display.

It seems now that spewing ll sorts of heinous and ridiculous hate against Islam is a justifiable, socially accepted political position.

I want your input, discuss and raise awareness. Discuss ways to tackle this, prevention and treatment. Long term ideas that can both free Islam in the UK of it's own problems and hatred from others. The status quo is alarming.

I wanted to have a lengthy discussion on seniors cafe, but I made it here instead so that regular members can contribute, I've mentioned expats and people who've been abroad since they can contribute most.

Britishers witnessed a shockingly widespread spike in the radicalization of young Muslims. They gave them work permits, citizenship, a better life than the countries they or their parents came from. What do they get in return? Their soldiers who come back from active duty being abused on the roads of Britain, bomb blasts in London and people glorifying terrorist acts. A soldier gets hacked in broad day light on the street. A British born n bred guy beheading an American journalist in ME.

This never bothered the average Englishmen before, They knew it was around. But lately, it's becoming so shockingly open, it worries them greatly. Almost all the focus of these radicalized Muslims and their groups seems to be on exploiting the system and abusing them.

Politicians, unfortunately, are only willing to add fuel to the fire with their appeasement (like being scared to be labeled as racists if they point out the cases of child grooming or letting hate mongers abuse the justice system), socially accepting the pure hatred for their own way of life.

Unfortunately the silent majority of peaceful Muslims has been silent for far too long, and their silence has led the more aggressive, vociferous and radicalized minority take over. So when people who are genuinely concerned about where their country is heading, raise their voice over an obvious reality you can't brush aside their apprehensions by raising the bogey of "Islamophobia". You need to introspect genuinely, and ask yourself how and why you let this minority dictate terms on your behalf.

There's a limit to how much you can stretch a band before it snaps and hit you in the face real hard.

@Jungibaaz
Since you live in the UK, can you educate us why is there so much extremism among British Pakistanis, even among those who are born and raised in a Christian majority country?

How would Pakistani's be responsible for the anti sentiment ? I know a collegue british posted a picture of Muslim women in England walking and he was complaing what has our country become ...

I was shocked at his attitude , so I believe it , UK is not safe for Pakistanis unless they force the government to protect their rights.

Sue the goberment

Let me make it clear. This country, is one of the best in the world, and in my opinion, a paradise for everyone. I hold unshakeable loyalty to this place as I do with Pakistan.

When you see Brits reacting to what is going on in a negative way, most of the blame is on Muslims themselves.

And even then, the British way of life prevents people from subscribing to this far-right extremist BS, even fewer if they had certain reservations about us, would never make it public. That is what makes Britain so great.

You need to introspect genuinely, and ask yourself how and why you let this minority dictate terms on your behalf.
Interesting. Seems it give us answer to how a minority of ISIS jihadists managed to take a whole lot of Iraq and Syria: Silent peaceful majority of Muslims.

@Jungibaaz
Since you live in the UK, can you educate us why is there so much extremism among British Pakistanis, even among those who are born and raised in a Christian majority country?

Complicated issue. I have discussed this before in other threads, it's 1 am here and unfortunately, I don't think I have time for a lengthy response. In short, it's a mix of parents not being too smart about how to raise their kids, an alien environment that some first generation immigrants and their children took poorly to, a HUGE sense of false pride among Muslims and with that a complete disregard for societal norms and even laws ; basically, Muslims many of us have been brought up to believe that our laws are supreme, our way of life is supreme and all that we know (or at least we think we know) is superior to all these worldly laws and norms. Laziness, a lack of involvement in day to day life of our people outside their own little tightly nit communities, polarization of an already broken community, means we have no unified and strong voice.

There are many more factors come to mind, I'll give you a detailed reply later, I've bookmarked your post.

futurama-blog480.png

.......Unshakable......... Lo y al tea
schenkt_u_al_loyal_tea-large.png

There are many more factors come to mind, I'll give you a detailed reply later, I've bookmarked your post.
Thank you. I already knew what you said above. We have similar cases with Norwegian Pakistanis too. There were many gangs of Pakistanis roaming in the streets of Oslo back in the 80's - 90's until they were brought down by police and intelligence.

I am not at all related to this thread and not sure whether muslims live in UK as one community regardless of their country or not.

But, wonder why do you guys think Muslims from other countries will support\condemn the mistakes made by Pakistanis\Pakistani origin people?

But, wonder why do you guys think Muslims from other countries will support\condemn the mistakes made by Pakistanis\Pakistani origin people?
You already answered your own question. Because we all have Pakistani roots.

Back
Top Bottom