What's new

Rise of Nawaz: Is PDF the reflection of our mindset?

Fuego

BANNED
Reaction score
With the news indicating a clear win for Mr Sharif in Pakistan Election 2013, I got quite confused.

We have seen so many people cheering for Imran Khan here on this very forum. Almost all of them. I thought that the victory for Imran Khan is certain but I was wrong.

I did not see great and popular support on PDF for Nawaz, as it was for Imran. I thought that PDF is the reflection of our mindset. We represent our country and express ourselves accordingly. But the results show the complete different picture.

So my first question is, is this PDF community is reflection of our society and mindset?

Now moving ahead, we see the unconditional support of Indian members for Narendra Modi or "NaMo"as they lovingly call him. Is it going to be the same (as what happened with Imran) for NaMo too in the upcoming election of India?

Share your thoughts.

Am i right when I say that there is a life outside this forum which doesn't think like us. They are not interested in nuclear war between India and Pakistan or war between India and China. They are not war mongers like us. They dont insult each other like we do. May be they are better than us and they make right decisions. Therefore I would like to congratulate Mr Sharif and hope that he does good in his term.

IK had the backing of people from urban and semi-urban centers in Pakistan, NS ruled the roost in the rural areas of punjab which are not very frequent of PDF
May be you are.
What you think about Narendra Modi who has a great popularity among Indian members here?

IK had the backing of people from urban and semi-urban centers in Pakistan, NS ruled the roost in the rural areas of punjab which are not very frequent of PDF
May be you are.
What you think about Narendra Modi who has a great popularity among Indian members here?

IK is to Pakistan what Modi is to India. There is a very vocal (and self righteous) element supporting them but mature voters (who actually care enough to go cast their vote in a queue) are not too fond of these shenanigans.

NS's victory was almost certain in most quarters, the bad showing by PPP indicated that the next option would be Nawaz - I don't know why people are shocked by the result here. As for Namo - the same thing's gonna happen - BJP as a party will surely win, but NAMo will not be the PM if he doesn't do something drastic now.

NS's victory was almost certain in most quarters, the bad showing by PPP indicated that the next option would be Nawaz - I don't know why people are shocked by the result here.
I was not aware about the ground realities may be.
I was just visiting this site to get the public opinion and mood in Pakistan.
Thats what i am saying, the PDF does not give us a clear picture about public opinion.

As for Namo - the same thing's gonna happen - BJP as a party will surely win, but NAMo will not be the PM if he doesn't do something drastic now.
I think that too after seing what happened to imran Khan.

May be you are.

May be you are.

In Pakistan PTI was Imran Khan and vice versa (correct me if I'm wrong) but in India BJP is not Modi or the vice versa, there are other popular leaders in BJP, what I want to say is that people will vote for BJP irrespective of Modi being at the helm or not, the thing that remains to be seen is will BJP garner enough more votes and allies if Modi is projected as the PM candidate or someone else

In Pakistan PTI was Imran Khan and vice versa (correct me if I'm wrong) but in India BJP is not Modi or the vice versa, there are other popular leaders in BJP, what I want to say is that people will vote for BJP irrespective of Modi being at the helm or not, the thing that remains to be seen is will BJP garner enough more votes and allies if Modi is projected as the PM candidate or someone else

I hope so.
Though I am not going to vote for Congress this time for sure. And I see many Indian members here who feel the same.
What remains to be seen is whether it is a real reflection of our mindset. I hope that BJP dont become the PTI 2.0

I was not aware about the ground realities may be.
I was just visiting this site to get the public opinion and mood in Pakistan.
Thats what i am saying, the PDF does not give us a clear picture about public opinion.

What does that prove then? ;)

Totally agree with OP. Internet trends can not be use as indicator of reality. Thatswhy BJP lost in 2004 and 2009 in India and Immran Khan lost Pakistani election. Sadly people who afford internet has lost connection with section of society which is politically active and facing problems like poverty and lack of basic facilities. I dont be surprised if Congress or third front will be in power in 2014 instead of BJP which is favored by internet citizens (for whom voting day is just another holiday).

IK is to Pakistan what Modi is to India. There is a very vocal (and self righteous) element supporting them but mature voters (who actually care enough to go cast their vote in a queue) are not too fond of these shenanigans.

Victory comes from villages. Modi has no support in the rural masses.

It will take 20 years more for urbanisation to reach such a level that the cities decide the fate of the country and not the villages.

Totally agree with OP. Internet trends can not be use as indicator of reality. Thatswhy BJP lost in 2004 and 2009 in India and Immran Khan lost Pakistani election. Sadly people who afford internet has lost connection with section of society which is politically active and facing problems like poverty and lack of basic facilities. I dont be surprised if Congress or third front will be in power in 2014 instead of BJP which is favored by internet citizens (for whom voting day is just another holiday).

That's highly unlikely - they don't have a proper PM candidate.

Well it proves that what we do or think here on this forum may not necessarily be the same for majority of people who are not here.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Spot on...most Pakistani's and Chinese are not like the one's we encounter here.

Back
Top Bottom