What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

Congratulations to our girls!

They barely managed to make it out of the pool stage, but in the end managed to claw back the gold in the finals. That showed exemplary spirit that inspired the whole nation!

We should follow their example. Don't think about win or lose, just strike at the enemy with everything you've got. If we can do that, good things will happen to us :)

love the show, interview one by one.
They will later join the live show at CCTV5 studio in Rio
屏幕快照 2016-08-21 14.43.40.jpg

Crazy funs!
Salute to them! They add oil (加油)to our girls!
Some HK guy cried in front of millions of viewers!
屏幕快照 2016-08-21 14.48.20.jpg
屏幕快照 2016-08-21 14.49.10.png

What is the game China expect to get next Gold medal ?

What is the game China expect to get next Gold medal ?

China does not expect to get any more gold medal.

Chinese Team are in for 2 open final on the last day of the game, Men's Marathon and Men's Mountain Biking.

Other than that, the Chinese did not qualify for any individual final.

Unfortunately, Chinese team failed to qualify for Rhythmic Gymnastic group final. And that is a straight fight between Italy and Russia.....

As I read GB has at least 1 individual final, wrestling 94kgs if I remember correctly. So GB ranked 2nd, for sure?

As I read GB has at least 1 individual final, wrestling 94kgs if I remember correctly. So GB ranked 2nd, for sure?

Punter stop taking bets for Team GB to place second here in local TAB (Betting Agency) which mean they are pretty certain Team GB cannot be dislodged from its position anymore, they closed out Team USA for number 1 spot a few days ago.

For China to climb to second spots. They will need to win both Men's Marathon and Men's Mountain Bike, which the first one traditionally dominated by African and the latter traditionally dominated by European. And also, Team GB would have to lose the gold medal fight in Super Heavyweight Boxing match so the medal tally will ends in China 28 and Team GB 27.

On the other hand, if Team GB won the last Gold medal in boxing, they will be ranked second regardless if China win both their final open event. As they will win by count back on silver and take second spot. Also a side note is that Team GB is defending the Title for that 96 Kg + Superheavy Weight boxing title, they won gold in 2012.

There are chances left for China to climb one spot, but the chances are extremely slim, for the Chinese to do that, they will need to edge over the African on the marathon run and edge over the European on mountain bike run and for Team GB to lose its title.

Not great I must say,

Punter stop taking bets for Team GB to place second here in local TAB (Betting Agency) which mean they are pretty certain Team GB cannot be dislodged from its position anymore, they closed out Team USA for number 1 spot a few days ago.

For China to climb to second spots. They will need to win both Men's Marathon and Men's Mountain Bike, which the first one traditionally dominated by African and the latter traditionally dominated by European. And also, Team GB would have to lose the gold medal fight in Super Heavyweight Boxing match so the medal tally will ends in China 28 and Team GB 27.

On the other hand, if Team GB won the last Gold medal in boxing, they will be ranked second regardless if China win both their final open event. As they will win by count back on silver and take second spot. Also a side note is that Team GB is defending the Title for that 96 Kg + Superheavy Weight boxing title, they won gold in 2012.

There are chances left for China to climb one spot, but the chances are extremely slim, for the Chinese to do that, they will need to edge over the African on the marathon run and edge over the European on mountain bike run and for Team GB to lose its title.

Not great I must say,

I think you are probably right. But regardless of our final ranking on the table, I am satisfied with our performance, especially in the second half when we mounted a respectful comeback from a very error-prone first half.

Moreover, when I see our results, I have the satisfaction of knowing that they are a genuine representation of our nation and its athletic capabilities. All our medals were won by Chinese athletes, and showcase the accomplishment of Chinese blood. I doubt British and American spectators can feel the same satisfaction though, given that so many of their medals were effectively won by desperate talent poached from Africa or other third world countries. When Brits see Mo Farah winning 3 golds, can they sincerely feel pride for, in effect, hiring a mercenary to do their grunt work? If they are being honest, they would know their impressive results on paper are a kind of false advertising, rather than a truthful representation of the capacity of British or American blood.

I think you are probably right. But regardless of our final ranking on the table, I am satisfied with our performance, especially in the second half when we mounted a respectful comeback from a very error-prone first half.

Moreover, when I see our results, I have the satisfaction of knowing that they are a genuine representation of our nation and its athletic capabilities. All our medals were won by Chinese athletes, and showcase the accomplishment of Chinese blood. I doubt British and American spectators can feel the same satisfaction though, given that so many of their medals were effectively won by desperate talent poached from Africa or other third world countries. When Brits see Mo Farah winning 3 golds, can they sincerely feel pride for, in effect, hiring a mercenary to do their grunt work? If they are being honest, they would know their impressive results on paper are a kind of false advertising, rather than a truthful representation of the capacity of British or American blood.

Look buddy, I am just answering a question, I don't think of anything. Team GB, Team China or Team USA. or otherwise. That is the analysis on the current situation.

For me, unless I win an Olympic gold medal myself, I have no right to judge any athletes, how good, or bad they perform in a game, I don't think anyone who weren't in the Olympic have the right to do that.

About the "mercenary" bits, you need to have the person willing to fly your flag to become what you called "Mercenary", once they fly your flag, they are your people, and if you ask can they sincerely feel pride for when Mo Farah win the 5000 and 10,000 meters medal? They do, As much as Mo himself feel pride being a British.

Also, if it is like you said they are all "Mercenary" and the west just "import" them and do nothing, then would African nation top the chart had the American or British did nothing on these "Imported" or "Hired" athletes? I mean, who have more African than Africa?

US and the UK still need to train these 'Mercenary" for them to get to the top, I would have think of all people, Chinese should understand this, I wonder where the Chinese Swimmer Trained at when they got 5 gold in 2012 games? Notes to you, they aren't training in China.

But meh, again, I am answering someone's question here, I have no intention to say whatever other than answering the question, if you have a bad feeling about this, lacking in performance in sporting arena, then no one stopping you from "importing" mercenary too.

Last edited:

I am always glad to see Chinese blood fighting for China.
Importing people like those countries is efficient, but not a favourable way for a country's long-term development. We should also maintain the Chinese civilisation with our own strength. I'm proud of what we have achieved in Rio, we do it by efforts of our own Chinese athletes no matter where they are trained. They are Chinese nationals with real Chinese blood, as opposed to some foreigners or refugees fighting for a passport.

Back
Top Bottom